Handed down clothing

trina_saras thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 14 years ago
Do you hate wearing handed down clothing or does it not bother you?   Have you ever worn it or do you wear it currently?  Have you ever been offered hand me downs and turned it down?  

I dont mind if the hand me downs are gently worn and they are designer duds then it's a score.  But if they are from someone I dont like, then I refuse.  I just feel like sometimes the clothing is fun, depending on how well cared for it is and what the make. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
well, i've never gotten hand-me-downs so i cant sayπŸ˜†

BUT my mom has given my suits away to my  younger cousin before
i dont care if they dont fit...they should never ever ever go to my cousin.
seeing my favorite clothes on her? puh-leeze..no ways!

thank god she cant fit into my old clothes now haha im way skinnier than  herπŸ˜†
but me and my  mom agreed on giving them to charitry only πŸ˜†
trina_saras thumbnail
haha Jess.  A lot of my play clothes went to my cousins in India.  It didnt bother me.  But now we give them to charity. 
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Welll...i have also given clothes to a family in india that my dad knows. They needed clothes so i took out all of my old ones and sent them along with my dad when he went.

Im just not too fond of my cousin wearing my fav. clothes (or her)πŸ˜†
and its not like she needs them...my mom gave her my absolute fav purple lengha from when i was little to her, and she never wore it! i bet they passed it on to someone else =[

i'd rather help people who need it

trina_saras thumbnail
Exactly, Jess I want to help people who need it like maybe people who just have faced a major disaster that they didnt expect. 
nulz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I have worn my elder sisters clothes and m fine with that …I wouldn't want to give my fav clothes to cousins I don't like πŸ˜” that would hurt so much.. when we do our spring cleaning then we usually hand our unwanted clothes to charity

i know some ppl who sell their old clothes
l0vey thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
yeahh i don't like handing down clothes to the cousins i don't like. i have soo many nice clothes and first off it hurts me if they don't fit or just can't wear them.. and second.. having to see my favorite stuff on them.
i'm the type who keeps a lot of my old stuff.. but when i do give them.. it's better giving it to charity.
trina_saras thumbnail
Wow I love your answers guys.  I agree, I dont give my old clothes to them anymore.  One of them had the gall to say they didnt like all of them.  I was like fine, then don't wear them and I can give them to someone who needs them.  
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hey kewl topic!
Lolz, lemme tell you I own a ton of hand-me-downs!🀣
I agree I wouldn't wear it if it's from someone I dislike, but the ones I dislike are not so charitable/generous towards me thankully πŸ˜†
Most of the ones I have are handed down to me by my older cousin, I love her style so I don't mind it at all, infact I love it lmaoo.
I usually end up giving my clothes to charity, I mean really?? ppl actually sell it hehe? I havn't tried that.πŸ€”
trina_saras thumbnail
wow VV you have a lot of hand me downs?   Cool.  I dont have many at all.  It's funny how even when something is too small for us, we dont want it to go to someone who wont care for it at all.