Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 26 May 2009 at 8:07pm | IP Logged
Do you hate wearing handed down clothing or does it not bother you?   Have you ever worn it or do you wear it currently?  Have you ever been offered hand me downs and turned it down?  

I dont mind if the hand me downs are gently worn and they are designer duds then it's a score.  But if they are from someone I dont like, then I refuse.  I just feel like sometimes the clothing is fun, depending on how well cared for it is and what the make. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotionJess..Jiya.QH_DDEJ_Fan

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Handed down clothing" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 26 May 2009 at 9:32pm | IP Logged
well, i've never gotten hand-me-downs so i cant sayLOL

BUT my mom has given my suits away to my  younger cousin beforeOuch
i dont care if they dont fit...they should never ever ever go to my cousin.
seeing my favorite clothes on her? puh-leeze..no ways!

thank god she cant fit into my old clothes now haha im way skinnier than  herLOL
but me and my  mom agreed on giving them to charitry only LOL

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 26 May 2009 at 9:35pm | IP Logged
haha Jess.  A lot of my play clothes went to my cousins in India.  It didnt bother me.  But now we give them to charity. 

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 26 May 2009 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
Welll...i have also given clothes to a family in india that my dad knows. They needed clothes so i took out all of my old ones and sent them along with my dad when he went.

Im just not too fond of my cousin wearing my fav. clothes (or her)LOL
and its not like she needs them...my mom gave her my absolute fav purple lengha from when i was little to her, and she never wore it! i bet they passed it on to someone else =[

i'd rather help people who need it

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

trina_saras

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 26 May 2009 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
Exactly, Jess I want to help people who need it like maybe people who just have faced a major disaster that they didnt expect. 

nulz

nulz

Posted: 26 May 2009 at 11:12pm | IP Logged

I have worn my elder sisters clothes and m fine with that I wouldn't want to give my fav clothes to cousins I don't like Unhappy that would hurt so much.. when we do our spring cleaning then we usually hand our unwanted clothes to charity

i know some ppl who sell their old clothes

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Jess.trina_saras

l0vey

IF-Rockerz

l0vey

Posted: 26 May 2009 at 11:41pm | IP Logged
yeahh i don't like handing down clothes to the cousins i don't like. i have soo many nice clothes and first off it hurts me if they don't fit or just can't wear them.. and second.. having to see my favorite stuff on them.
i'm the type who keeps a lot of my old stuff.. but when i do give them.. it's better giving it to charity.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Jess.trina_saras

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 27 May 2009 at 8:22am | IP Logged
Wow I love your answers guys.  I agree, I dont give my old clothes to them anymore.  One of them had the gall to say they didnt like all of them.  I was like fine, then don't wear them and I can give them to someone who needs them.  

Post Reply New Post

Go to top