Balika Vadhu

How dumb of Maasa to visit pratap's family (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

gullicricket

gullicricket

Posted: 27 May 2009 at 10:00am | IP Logged
"creaters think taht gehna should abort the baby as it was required for that track...and sugna should not abort the child is its required for current track they are showing" 

I like your point london741.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How dumb of Maasa to visit pratap's family (Page 2)" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Ashiyana

Goldie

Ashiyana

Posted: 27 May 2009 at 12:08pm | IP Logged
What the family did was the right thing.  In the past when Pratap's family and Massa's family had a argument, Pratap's parents were still in morning/shock that their son was dead.  They needed something to blame to let their furstration out and easy target was Sugna.  Which is understandable on Pratap's parents part.  Maasa, Bhairav, and Basant went their hoping that Pratap's parents have come out of their depression of loosing their only son.  Perhaps now they will accept Sugna as thier D-I-L.  also perhaps they would behave civil and accept Sugna and Pratap's child. 

MonMad

Goldie

MonMad

Posted: 27 May 2009 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
It was Badi masi who suggested that they go to Pratap's place.  Any parent will not accept a pregnant daughter in law especially one who has not lived with their son and is pregnant......

This was a big folly commited by Maasa on account of Badi Maasiji's suggestion...

london741

Groupbie

london741

Posted: 27 May 2009 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Exactly...badi masi was being too optimistic... nobody would accept a pregnant daughter in law who hasnt lived with their son at all... thats reality...

they should NOT have gone there...by doing this..they exposed sugna only... as now pratap's family will tell everybody that sugna is pregnant....

I really dont like sugna now..she has never listened to her parents...first she wanted to do her gauna against her parent;s wish.... and she was meeting her hsuband without telling her parents... and now she became pregnant...

now she is telling that she will not abort....

if gehna was too young to carry a child at her age...then in taht case sugna is just a kid to carry a baby...because sugna is younger than gehna....

jjairam

jjairam

Posted: 27 May 2009 at 2:35pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by london741

or creaters think taht gehna should abort the baby as it was required for that track...and sugna should not abort the child is its required for current track they are showing...Dead

i cannot understand this logic.... they are confused....Angry

Brilliantly put....you have put in a nutshell what I have been feeling for the past few months....that Balika Vadhu does not live up to its "social messages" and consistency in message is sacrificed for TRP ratings.

Abortion is OK for Gehna because she is too young and frail....but it is wrong for Suguna because it is Pratap ki nishaani! And what about poor Basant who has been trying for a nishani of himself!LOL

Suguna loves Prataap too much to give up the child - hang what happens to her poor long suffering parents- but gets breathless when Shyam gets too close what about Prataap ki yadeein then? LOL

And what if Suguna is shown as getting married to Shyam? What happens to educating young women? That is only for poor Phooli who is also poor and more needy of support than Suguna....to Phooli's father, all of Bhairon Singh's lectures will feel like..."do as I say, not as I do."

Oh and on a completely unrelated topic....whatever happened to everybody's periods? It was a big issue just for one episode...looks like none of the women had that problem before or after that episode!!!

Bhairon Singh has become the writer Purnendu's alter ego.

I am continuting to watch the episode hoping for things to get better...am afraid I will stop if it descends into a soap opera.

london741

Groupbie

london741

Posted: 27 May 2009 at 3:10pm | IP Logged
very well said .. tooo funny....

Abortion is OK for Gehna because she is too young and frail....but it is wrong for Suguna because it is Pratap ki nishaani! And what about poor Basant who has been trying for a nishani of himself!LOL LOL

Mohini19

Goldie

Mohini19

Posted: 27 May 2009 at 3:34pm | IP Logged
Arrey I already mentioned this in one of my posts.

This show has too many flaws and the story line is distorted just to get high TRPs. that is stupid. but a lot of the audiences feel it is brilliantly executed. I dont think so.

minute details are not taken care of as are done in some of the other serials that I dont want to mention here in order to avoid any favoritism.

but one thing is very very CLEAR, that BV is weak in giving social messages and the emphasis is more on creating hype and TRPs.

jjairam

jjairam

Posted: 27 May 2009 at 6:39pm | IP Logged
They certainly posture at being socially aware. But the key in social awareness is to present all sides of the coin and to be fair to all points of view. Habits and customs that are centuries old are there for a reason and you have to present the good and bad sides to every point of view.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top