Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MonMad thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
It was Badi masi who suggested that they go to Pratap's place.  Any parent will not accept a pregnant daughter in law especially one who has not lived with their son and is pregnant......

This was a big folly commited by Maasa on account of Badi Maasiji's suggestion...
london741 thumbnail
Exactly...badi masi was being too optimistic... nobody would accept a pregnant daughter in law who hasnt lived with their son at all... thats reality...

they should NOT have gone there...by doing this..they exposed sugna only... as now pratap's family will tell everybody that sugna is pregnant....

I really dont like sugna now..she has never listened to her parents...first she wanted to do her gauna against her parent;s wish.... and she was meeting her hsuband without telling her parents... and now she became pregnant...

now she is telling that she will not abort....

if gehna was too young to carry a child at her age...then in taht case sugna is just a kid to carry a baby...because sugna is younger than gehna....
jjairam thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: london741

or creaters think taht gehna should abort the baby as it was required for that track...and sugna should not abort the child is its required for current track they are showing...🤢

i cannot understand this logic.... they are confused....😡

Brilliantly put....you have put in a nutshell what I have been feeling for the past few months....that Balika Vadhu does not live up to its "social messages" and consistency in message is sacrificed for TRP ratings.

Abortion is OK for Gehna because she is too young and frail....but it is wrong for Suguna because it is Pratap ki nishaani! And what about poor Basant who has been trying for a nishani of himself!😆

Suguna loves Prataap too much to give up the child - hang what happens to her poor long suffering parents- but gets breathless when Shyam gets too close what about Prataap ki yadeein then? 😆

And what if Suguna is shown as getting married to Shyam? What happens to educating young women? That is only for poor Phooli who is also poor and more needy of support than Suguna....to Phooli's father, all of Bhairon Singh's lectures will feel like..."do as I say, not as I do."

Oh and on a completely unrelated topic....whatever happened to everybody's periods? It was a big issue just for one episode...looks like none of the women had that problem before or after that episode!!!

Bhairon Singh has become the writer Purnendu's alter ego.

I am continuting to watch the episode hoping for things to get better...am afraid I will stop if it descends into a soap opera.

london741 thumbnail
very well said .. tooo funny....

Abortion is OK for Gehna because she is too young and frail....but it is wrong for Suguna because it is Pratap ki nishaani! And what about poor Basant who has been trying for a nishani of himself!😆 ðŸ˜†
Mohini19 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Arrey I already mentioned this in one of my posts.

This show has too many flaws and the story line is distorted just to get high TRPs. that is stupid. but a lot of the audiences feel it is brilliantly executed. I dont think so.

minute details are not taken care of as are done in some of the other serials that I dont want to mention here in order to avoid any favoritism.

but one thing is very very CLEAR, that BV is weak in giving social messages and the emphasis is more on creating hype and TRPs.
jjairam thumbnail
They certainly posture at being socially aware. But the key in social awareness is to present all sides of the coin and to be fair to all points of view. Habits and customs that are centuries old are there for a reason and you have to present the good and bad sides to every point of view.

lakshmim_84 thumbnail
actually, no where in the show they have said that it is wrong for suguna to abort the baby.......actually, dadisa wants suguna to abort her kid......and it is only suguna who is against it..... she doesn't want to abort cos it is pratap's aakhri nishani.

And i am sure, if suguna had gone to her husband's house (i mean if gauna happened) and then she is pregnant, no one wld have suggeted of getting it aborted....dadisa wld have been happy that she is going to give a grandchild. It is only bcos, if she continues with her pregnancy, they might get a bad name int he society that dadisa is forcing suguna to abort the baby.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: jjairam

Brilliantly put....you have put in a nutshell what I have been feeling for the past few months....that Balika Vadhu does not live up to its "social messages" and consistency in message is sacrificed for TRP ratings.

Abortion is OK for Gehna because she is too young and frail....but it is wrong for Suguna because it is Pratap ki nishaani! And what about poor Basant who has been trying for a nishani of himself!😆

Suguna loves Prataap too much to give up the child - hang what happens to her poor long suffering parents- but gets breathless when Shyam gets too close what about Prataap ki yadeein then? 😆

And what if Suguna is shown as getting married to Shyam? What happens to educating young women? That is only for poor Phooli who is also poor and more needy of support than Suguna....to Phooli's father, all of Bhairon Singh's lectures will feel like..."do as I say, not as I do."

Oh and on a completely unrelated topic....whatever happened to everybody's periods? It was a big issue just for one episode...looks like none of the women had that problem before or after that episode!!!

Bhairon Singh has become the writer Purnendu's alter ego.

I am continuting to watch the episode hoping for things to get better...am afraid I will stop if it descends into a soap opera.

i agree...the show's social messages changes according to situation. in gehna's case it was ok to abort the child...so shouldnt it be ok to abort suguna's child too since she is even younger than gehna? in fact her father didnt want her gauna to be done for the same reason-so that she doesnt suffer the same fate as basant first wife. but now in suguna's case to increase the drama they have to stress on widow remarriage. but it wasnt ok for phooli to remarry so that she cant complete her studies.
shalgo thumbnail
I think all of us are mixing the situation here.....the only reason dadisa is pressing on abortion is because it will bring bad name to their home......

from sugna's perspective it is her love child, while for gehna it was a child from loveless marriage...moreover gehna and sugna are very different in character. Sugna has always been very emotional....while Gehna has behaved more practically.

And again we cannot compare sugna with phooli...if sugna was not pregnant her parents were not even thinking of re-marriage...here the sitaution is such that they are caught between bad to worse.....
jjairam thumbnail
Originally posted by: shalgo

I think all of us are mixing the situation here.....the only reason dadisa is pressing on abortion is because it will bring bad name to their home......

from sugna's perspective it is her love child, while for gehna it was a child from loveless marriage...moreover gehna and sugna are very different in character. Sugna has always been very emotional....while Gehna has behaved more practically.

And again we cannot compare sugna with phooli...if sugna was not pregnant her parents were not even thinking of re-marriage...here the sitaution is such that they are caught between bad to worse.....

These are all very fair points. From the perspective of the characters and their personalities, their responses have also been very different to the situations faced by them.
My comments were directed at the creative/writer of the serial and their double values in trying to balance TRPs with making BV a social commentary.