Balika Vadhu
Balika Vadhu

India-Forums

Why did Pratap's father kick out Sugna's family?

gullicricket Senior Member
gullicricket
gullicricket

Posted: 26 May 2009 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
Pratap's parents might have been a bit insulted by Bhairon when he refused to do the Gauna before Sugna turned 18. I also missed the episode with their argument after pratap's death. I also feel like they shud have kept some relations or visited Pratap's bereaved family in the last few months. But now that they have lost their only son why don't they feel like having his child in their house. Don't they emotionally feel like having their grandchild with them.. they didn't even think much about it... just refused to accept Sugna. Maybe they are not sure if the child is Pratap's.. their initial rage is also understandable.. but shudn't they feel like trying to make sure? In fact they shud hope its their son's akhri nishani.. what do u guys think? They were married after all.. its not like they were just going around. 

Edited by gullicricket - 26 May 2009 at 2:57pm

london741 Groupbie
london741
london741

Posted: 26 May 2009 at 3:04pm | IP Logged

I think they dont believe that child is of pratap or someody else?..thats why

MonMad Goldie
MonMad
MonMad

Posted: 26 May 2009 at 3:06pm | IP Logged
Yes, but the big reason is they do not believe it is Pratap's child.   Suguna character was maligned......
sarah1024 IF-Rockerz
sarah1024
sarah1024

Posted: 26 May 2009 at 8:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MonMad

Yes, but the big reason is they do not believe it is Pratap's child.   Suguna character was maligned......

Quite sad, isn't it? I hate how women have to shoulder all the responsibility in such rural areas while the men get away unscathed.*sigh*
gullicricket Senior Member
gullicricket
gullicricket

Posted: 26 May 2009 at 9:55pm | IP Logged
I understand that they don't believe its Pratap's but thats my whole point.. shudn't they in fact hope that its pratap's.. they have no one else now.. wudn't it be actually nice to have Pratap's kid in the house.. they can ask the doc how many months preggo she is, ask Pratap's friends if they met and stuff. Why were they so emotionless.. if not the father atleast the mother. In real life wud any parents in such a situation react in a similar manner or try to be more accepting? Or was their reaction shown so severe just to bring out Sugna's plight in the show and bring fwd shyam's character?
AshTara Goldie
AshTara
AshTara

Posted: 26 May 2009 at 11:09pm | IP Logged
well main reason is they dont believe that its pratap's child. if they were educated and aware they could have gone to vaid ji for confirmation but its unlikely that they will believe him. anyway knowing thatits a 3 month pregnancy wont help. they may accuse sugna of cheating on pratap (which we know is gross).
aish_punk IF-Sizzlerz
aish_punk
aish_punk

Posted: 27 May 2009 at 4:45am | IP Logged
Well..they think they child isnt Prataps..n plus they're arrogant..acc 2 me..it's so sad that only the girl has to face the wrath if it's a pregancy before gauna ...it's really sick..n they do'nt even trust their daughter-in-law!
Shilpa.Agarwal IF-Dazzler
Shilpa.Agarwal
Shilpa.Agarwal

Posted: 27 May 2009 at 5:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gullicricket

I understand that they don't believe its Pratap's but thats my whole point.. shudn't they in fact hope that its pratap's.. they have no one else now.. wudn't it be actually nice to have Pratap's kid in the house.. they can ask the doc how many months preggo she is, ask Pratap's friends if they met and stuff. Why were they so emotionless.. if not the father atleast the mother. In real life wud any parents in such a situation react in a similar manner or try to be more accepting? Or was their reaction shown so severe just to bring out Sugna's plight in the show and bring fwd shyam's character?

ur argument is valid hun...but its jus that more than emotionless they r cowardly n indifferent.....as in now their son is no more the are unwilling to take initiative n even get deep into the issue, forget being happy to see their grandchild.....now its a closed chap for them n they don't....n esp as its for sugna(considered murderer) they don't care at all.....they're fine within themselves.....if they'll bring their grandchild n daughter in law then the'll have to answer ppl....how?when? why? why not before?....its weird and insensitive but unreasonable things do happen in rural india

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top