Posted: 14 years ago
i had a doubt while watchg 2days epse is padmavati fmly a rajput.??lukg from the dressng sense n the way they talk was completely different from rana ratan singh who had a different accent n style.... can any1 throw light?
she belong to sri lanka .today i had read the history of rani padmani in which i was written that the country she belong to called deuep singal is now known as sri lanka .beleive me i had read it

Well Noticed! She was not a rajput by birth but was married to one and hence is known as a rajput. Padmni's father was the king of present day Sri Lanka.

^ Oh is it..? I haven't seen today's episode but then how come in the first episode they showed her father saying that he will only allow a rajput king for sword fight for Padmini's swayamwar...if they themselves weren't Rajputs..:S
of corse shes a rajput...............
Originally posted by jiyas

she belong to sri lanka .today i had read the history of rani padmani in which i was written that the country she belong to called deuep singal is now known as sri lanka .beleive me i had read it
wow i didnt kno tis!!thanx dear 4 lettg us kno... tis is piece of info 2 me...
Originally posted by 24aug86

Well Noticed! She was not a rajput by birth but was married to one and hence is known as a rajput. Padmni's father was the king of present day Sri Lanka.

ohh!!thanx 4 enlightening me on tis dear...well thy was smethg different wen i was watchg  them...the way thy talk .....n the dresses thy worn......rana was a complete contrats 2 them... nvr heard abt sweeldeep  .. the place thy were living in  sot jus got  curious 2 kno whtr padmini is a rajput or not!!!
Originally posted by Ipshitaa

^ Oh is it..? I haven't seen today's episode but then how come in the first episode they showed her father saying that he will only allow a rajput king for sword fight for Padmini's swayamwar...if they themselves weren't Rajputs..:S
do watch it dear..u will find out the points vich i mentioned...
i think rajputs r known 4 their bravery ...tats uy mayb...!
I dun think Rani Padmini was a foreigner to india. Its highly unlikely for some rajput prince to go all along to sri lanka crossing seas and marrying a princess there.  About the culture being different well among rajputs you will find different sub sections who will have different style of living and following customs..
No she wasn't Rajput ( She was from Sri Lanka)