Fashion and Beauty

DOTW: How a person's style affects others (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 3

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

miss5stars

IF-Rockerz

miss5stars

Posted: 31 May 2009 at 7:37am | IP Logged
-Do you feel like you pay more attention to someone who is well dressed?

well..yah EmbarrassedLOL

-Do you respect them more?

no..i respect every1 WinkLOL - wait..if this person is in rags in stuff..on the street..then i would just ignore them Confused
but like..at an event or sumthing..it doesnt matter if there dressed super well or anything..as long as there wearing SOMETHING! LOL

-Do you feel like they are more intelligent than someone who isn't well dressed or just perhaps more style-conscious?

@skool//college sum smart pple just come to skool in their pajamas! LOL -so i believe tht has nothing to do with intelligence Embarrassed

-Do they influence you in some way?

not rele..! LOLTongue...i dress up rele well on thursdays Embarrassed - idk its become a habit!
and then i dress up any other day when i feel lyk it Embarrassed
-Does this apply to you in terms of both women and men or just one of them?

both..LOLEmbarrassed ....in my eyes...mostly guys! WinkLOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW: How a person's style affects others (Page 3)" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Bubbly_Shelly

IF-Sizzlerz

Bubbly_Shelly

Posted: 09 June 2009 at 5:48pm | IP Logged
Ah, finally made it here!
Originally posted by trina1

How does a person's style affect your impression of them, or the impression they make on you?

Honestly, with me a person's style does affect the impression they make on me. Yes, I do pay more attention to someone who is well dressed because not only does it show their style but also it tends to lead you into thinking that they are someone who is organized, someone who takes care of themselves and doesn't just walk around looking like a mess.  

I don't know about respecting them more. It would be unfair to give more respect to someone just because their style isn't right. I mean, yes your style does matter but it also depends on how long you've known the person. If i'm meeting someone for the first time then most likely I would give them more respect if they were dressed better.

Lots of people are intelligent yet fail to carry that style with them. I guess  you can't really call someone more intelligent just because they have a stronger style quotient however there's nothing wrong with being intelligent and have a little bit of style. I'd totally like that combination - intelligent and style-conscious =]

Sometimes people do influence me.. depending on what it is though. Ah, most of the time if i'm talking about style and me wanting to have something that another person does, I'd say women.

However, men influence me with their style statements too. ;) They just look a whole lot better. LOL.

Aww, I agree Trins. A lot of the times, I don't even listen to people who look like that.

In my opinion, I do think it's a human trait. I mean, everyone does it one time or another. It's just the whole impression thing that comes back again. How serious are you going to take a person dressed like a clown? You aren't. That's just how it is. I mean, with me atleast, one time or another i've assessed all the people that I've met. I guess it just comes naturally sometimes.

I agree with the quote "Don't judge a book by its cover" but I also agree with you. They should atleast be neat and well-groomed. However, if in some cases there's some reason that you can't be. . or if there's a valid enough reason that I'm willing to overlook being "neat and well-groomed" as well.

What I feel - you should be neat and well-groomed.. create your own style people. You don't need to look the best to be treated the best.

EDIT: I forgot to mention how awesome this DOTW is!     ClapClapClap

Edited by Bubbly_Shelly - 09 June 2009 at 5:49pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

trina_gautam

trina_gautam

IF-Stunnerz

trina_gautam

Posted: 10 June 2009 at 4:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bubbly_Shelly

Ah, finally made it here!
Originally posted by trina1

How does a person's style affect your impression of them, or the impression they make on you?

Honestly, with me a person's style does affect the impression they make on me. Yes, I do pay more attention to someone who is well dressed because not only does it show their style but also it tends to lead you into thinking that they are someone who is organized, someone who takes care of themselves and doesn't just walk around looking like a mess.   Extremely well put sis!  I agree.

I don't know about respecting them more. It would be unfair to give more respect to someone just because their style isn't right. I mean, yes your style does matter but it also depends on how long you've known the person.  It's true that its unfair for someone with less style to get less respect, but is not a reality though, isnt that why stores offer personal shoppers and stylists to achive a better overall look for one's work or social life?   If i'm meeting someone for the first time then most likely I would give them more respect if they were dressed better I agree, you never get a second chance to make a first impression.  If I met some guy whom I knew was a doctor but he was sloppily dressed I wouldnt care for him, its just my personal preference.   

Lots of people are intelligent yet fail to carry that style with them. I guess  you can't really call someone more intelligent just because they have a stronger style quotient however there's nothing wrong with being intelligent and have a little bit of style. I'd totally like that combination - intelligent and style-conscious =]     I agree with all of the above.    Style can convey a type of intelligence, yet lack of style does not always mean lack of intelligence. 

Sometimes people do influence me.. depending on what it is though. Ah, most of the time if i'm talking about style and me wanting to have something that another person does, I'd say women. 

However, men influence me with their style statements too. ;) They just look a whole lot better. LOL.

Aww, I agree Trins. A lot of the times, I don't even listen to people who look like that.  

In my opinion, I do think it's a human trait. I mean, everyone does it one time or another. It's just the whole impression thing that comes back again. How serious are you going to take a person dressed like a clown? You aren't. That's just how it is. I mean, with me atleast, one time or another i've assessed all the people that I've met. I guess it just comes naturally sometimes.   I agree, however I may try to avoid this, I am a style-conscious person and I get influenced a bit by others' style choices.  I may even go so far as to say, I take myself more seriously when my hair is neatly brushed and my skin is clearer and sunkissed etc.  So if I take myself more seriously, I can understand why others would because it affects my own confidence. 

I agree with the quote "Don't judge a book by its cover" but I also agree with you. They should atleast be neat and well-groomed. However, if in some cases there's some reason that you can't be. . or if there's a valid enough reason that I'm willing to overlook being "neat and well-groomed" as well.   I have known people who completely judge by the book's cover and some dont, it depends on the person.   This is why I like children, they have not yet learned to make these snap judgements and they give me honest opinions of my style or anything else.  They will tell me if i look silly or good.   

What I feel - you should be neat and well-groomed.. create your own style people. You don't need to look the best to be treated the best.   Well said, brava sis!

EDIT: I forgot to mention how awesome this DOTW is!     ClapClapClap   hahah your responses were soooo awesome sis!!   Ten on ten!   I liked your answers the most, big surprise there!    ClapClapClap

sweetscent13

sweetscent13

Posted: 23 June 2009 at 2:54pm | IP Logged
-Do you feel like you pay more attention to someone who is well dressed?

Not really but a little. I dress really nice when I am myself (I am usually myself when I am in India with my best friends or when I am really happy) but I dress kinda dorky...well...not dorky but casual when I am in school. I try to be myself but then I just give up. My friends in India say that I dress nice. IDK about people here in America.Embarrassed

-Do you respect them more? 

I respect everyone equally.Embarrassed

-Do you feel like they are more intelligent than someone who isn't well dressed or just perhaps more style-conscious?

IDK...some of them are but some others are just busy caring about themselves that they don't care about what's going on around them.Embarrassed

-Do they influence you in some way?

Yes and No. Yes because they make you wanna look good too and No because they also make you feel like you are not as good as them. They make you have "LOW SELF ESTEEM." Embarrassed

-Does this apply to you in terms of both women and men or just one of them?

Mostly girls but also guys..Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top