Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Great Topic!⭐️

-Do you feel like you pay more attention to someone who is well dressed?
Well, maybe but it's actually not just well dressed, the person has to be classy, like I don't care if they are wearing branded clothes or not, they should have individuality. To me, well dressed = being individual and original.
-Do you respect them more?
No, I am being completely honest here, I don't care AT ALL if they are dressed shabbily, if they are nice and talk warmly with me I am ready to ignore everything.πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
-Do you feel like they are more intelligent than someone who isn't well dressed or just perhaps more style-conscious?
Not at all, well I guess you could say aesthetically intelligent.πŸ˜†
-Do they influence you in some way?
The answer would be yes and no. I like to have my own style and not really be influenced but I would definitely borrow elements from the person's style if it engages me enough.

-Does this apply to you in terms of both women and men or just one of them?
More I would say in terms of women. I generally care less about the guys (I rate the guys by their hotness, not clothesπŸ˜†

I also take them more seriously when their eyebrows are shaped well.  I know it sounds lame but...hehehe funnyπŸ˜†

One last question to add.    Do you feel that assessing a person based on their style is shallow, or just a human trait?   Don't we all do it subconsciously?
 No, it is NOT shallow because we all probably do it subconsciously anyway. The shallow part is when people question you things like "Is it branded?" and boast about the expensive things they got. I think shallow people are the ones who don't understand that being stylish has nothing to do with money i.e. how many Birkins or Chanels etc. you have.πŸ˜•πŸ˜†

trina_saras thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: VirgoVixen

Great Topic!⭐️

Well, maybe but it's actually not just well dressed, the person has to be classy, like I don't care if they are wearing branded clothes or not, they should have individuality. To me, well dressed = being individual and original.
No, I am being completely honest here, I don't care AT ALL if they are dressed shabbily, if they are nice and talk warmly with me I am ready to ignore everything.πŸ˜³πŸ˜†
-Do you feel like they are more intelligent than someone who isn't well dressed or just perhaps more style-conscious?
Not at all, well I guess you could say aesthetically intelligent.πŸ˜†
The answer would be yes and no. I like to have my own style and not really be influenced but I would definitely borrow elements from the person's style if it engages me enough.

More I would say in terms of women. I generally care less about the guys (I rate the guys by their hotness, not clothesπŸ˜†

I also take them more seriously when their eyebrows are shaped well.  I know it sounds lame but...hehehe funnyπŸ˜†

One last question to add.    Do you feel that assessing a person based on their style is shallow, or just a human trait?   Don't we all do it subconsciously?
 No, it is NOT shallow because we all probably do it subconsciously anyway. The shallow part is when people question you things like "Is it branded?" and boast about the expensive things they got. I think shallow people are the ones who don't understand that being stylish has nothing to do with money i.e. how many Birkins or Chanels etc. you have.πŸ˜•πŸ˜†

Thanks VV!   And great answers!

I think to some extent we are raised by society or by parents to care about how we look, and for some it may be more extreme than others.  And it is a valid point, like say going to an interview or someone's birthday one doesn't want to look sloppy or too laidback.   But it all depends on the occasion. 

Yes, I dont always like when they are thinking is it branded.  But I hate to clash.  I like matching things best.  I just have a weakness for fashion!! 
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
^^^ I know same here, I have an obsession with matching too, like every new thing I buy, I start thinking if it goes with the other stuff in my wardrobe or not!
trina_saras thumbnail
Originally posted by: VirgoVixen

^^^ I know same here, I have an obsession with matching too, like every new thing I buy, I start thinking if it goes with the other stuff in my wardrobe or not!

We think alike VV!  πŸ˜ƒ
nulz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: trina1

I personally think assessing a person base on their style is not right coz there is more to that person than what we see from outside ... at the same time I would have to agree that it is a human trait and we all do that either consciously or subconsciously

trina_saras thumbnail
I think it depends on the person.  Because don't we kind of do it @ weddings or discos or parties?  Isnt a natural thing to do?  Like after a certain age we all do it. 
miss5stars thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

well..yah πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

no..i respect every1 πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† - wait..if this person is in rags in stuff..on the street..then i would just ignore them πŸ˜•
but like..at an event or sumthing..it doesnt matter if there dressed super well or anything..as long as there wearing SOMETHING! πŸ˜†

@skool//college sum smart pple just come to skool in their pajamas! πŸ˜† -so i believe tht has nothing to do with intelligence 😳

not rele..! πŸ˜†πŸ˜›...i dress up rele well on thursdays 😳 - idk its become a habit!
and then i dress up any other day when i feel lyk it 😳

both..πŸ˜†πŸ˜³ ....in my eyes...mostly guys! πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†
Bubbly_Shelly thumbnail
Ah, finally made it here!
Originally posted by: trina1

How does a person's style affect your impression of them, or the impression they make on you?

Honestly, with me a person's style does affect the impression they make on me. Yes, I do pay more attention to someone who is well dressed because not only does it show their style but also it tends to lead you into thinking that they are someone who is organized, someone who takes care of themselves and doesn't just walk around looking like a mess.  

I don't know about respecting them more. It would be unfair to give more respect to someone just because their style isn't right. I mean, yes your style does matter but it also depends on how long you've known the person. If i'm meeting someone for the first time then most likely I would give them more respect if they were dressed better.

Lots of people are intelligent yet fail to carry that style with them. I guess  you can't really call someone more intelligent just because they have a stronger style quotient however there's nothing wrong with being intelligent and have a little bit of style. I'd totally like that combination - intelligent and style-conscious =]

Sometimes people do influence me.. depending on what it is though. Ah, most of the time if i'm talking about style and me wanting to have something that another person does, I'd say women.

However, men influence me with their style statements too. ;) They just look a whole lot better. LOL.

Aww, I agree Trins. A lot of the times, I don't even listen to people who look like that.

In my opinion, I do think it's a human trait. I mean, everyone does it one time or another. It's just the whole impression thing that comes back again. How serious are you going to take a person dressed like a clown? You aren't. That's just how it is. I mean, with me atleast, one time or another i've assessed all the people that I've met. I guess it just comes naturally sometimes.

I agree with the quote "Don't judge a book by its cover" but I also agree with you. They should atleast be neat and well-groomed. However, if in some cases there's some reason that you can't be. . or if there's a valid enough reason that I'm willing to overlook being "neat and well-groomed" as well.

What I feel - you should be neat and well-groomed.. create your own style people. You don't need to look the best to be treated the best.

EDIT: I forgot to mention how awesome this DOTW is!     πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Edited by Bubbly_Shelly - 14 years ago
trina_saras thumbnail
Originally posted by: Bubbly_Shelly

Ah, finally made it here!

EDIT: I forgot to mention how awesome this DOTW is!     πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘   hahah your responses were soooo awesome sis!!   Ten on ten!   I liked your answers the most, big surprise there!    πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

sweetscent13 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Not really but a little. I dress really nice when I am myself (I am usually myself when I am in India with my best friends or when I am really happy) but I dress kinda dorky...well...not dorky but casual when I am in school. I try to be myself but then I just give up. My friends in India say that I dress nice. IDK about people here in America.😳

I respect everyone equally.😳

IDK...some of them are but some others are just busy caring about themselves that they don't care about what's going on around them.😳

Yes and No. Yes because they make you wanna look good too and No because they also make you feel like you are not as good as them. They make you have "LOW SELF ESTEEM." πŸ˜³

Mostly girls but also guys..😳