Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 25 May 2009 at 12:39pm | IP Logged
How does a person's style affect your impression of them, or the impression they make on you?

-Do you feel like you pay more attention to someone who is well dressed? 
-Do you respect them more? 
-Do you feel like they are more intelligent than someone who isn't well dressed or just perhaps more style-conscious?
-Do they influence you in some way?

-Does this apply to you in terms of both women and men or just one of them?

I have to confess that after a certain age, I tend to take well-dressed people more seriously, because they look more successful and intelligent.  It's not to say I ignore badly-dressed people but I dont really go for them either.

Like, I hate it when badly dressed people try to give advice because I didnt ask for it and I wont listen.

I also take them more seriously when their eyebrows are shaped well.  I know it sounds lame but...

One last question to add.    Do you feel that assessing a person based on their style is shallow, or just a human trait?   Don't we all do it subconsciously?

I try not to judge people based on their style, but when they try to give advice then I feel it's ridiculous.  The exception to this is badly-dressed instructors that I think just need a style check.  But it doesnt count against them.   Also, in fashion capitals like London, Paris, or Los Angeles, it probably matters more because those places get a larger flow of people. 

I mean, does the phrase "Don't judge a book by its cover" ring true to you or do you feel that the cover says a lot?   Like at least the person should be neat and well-groomed.  But some people have an extra edge with their styling and fashion tastes. 

Edited by trina1 - 26 May 2009 at 6:21am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW: How a person's style affects others" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 25 May 2009 at 1:26pm | IP Logged

Yea..lol they stand out more

Well, i dont know. If they are overly dressed, then no-they seem snobbish. If they are dressed nice then i would give them more respect than a badly dressed personEmbarrassed

-Do you feel like they are more intelligent than someone who isn't well dressed or just perhaps more style-conscious?

Intelligent in the sense of fashion. YES.
Some badly dressed people are smart too but no one wants to acknowledge it.

Kinda...To dress up more. But i hate when people just try too hard! so i dont want to dress up alot. I have my special days for dressing up ^_^ I like looking casual and cute

Mostly girls...but for guys too

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 25 May 2009 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jess.

Yea..lol they stand out more

Well, i dont know. If they are overly dressed, then no-they seem snobbish. If they are dressed nice then i would give them more respect than a badly dressed personEmbarrassed

Intelligent in the sense of fashion. YES.
Some badly dressed people are smart too but no one wants to acknowledge it.

Kinda...To dress up more. But i hate when people just try too hard! so i dont want to dress up alot. I have my special days for dressing up ^_^ I like looking casual and cute

Mostly girls...but for guys too

Good answers.  ClapClapClap

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 25 May 2009 at 7:24pm | IP Logged
Making this into DOTW =]

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 25 May 2009 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
Cool.

I cant wait to hear people's answers.  :) 

colling

IF-Dazzler

colling

Posted: 25 May 2009 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
How does a person's style affect your impression of them, or the impression they make on you?

Yes..i mean u wil immediately notice someone has a good dressing sense so yeah!
Um..not just by judging their dressing sense!
More style concious...some intelligent ppl may prefer to dress dwon..
 yeah if they did not their wud never be fashion shows!
more women in particular.

I have to confess that after a certain age, I tend to take well-dressed people more seriously, because they look more successful and intelligent.  It's not to say I ignore badly-dressed people but I dont really go for them either.

Like, I hate it when badly dressed people try to give advice because I didnt ask for it and I wont listen.

I also take them more seriously when their eyebrows are shaped well.  I know it sounds lame but...

[/QUOTE]

colling

IF-Dazzler

colling

Posted: 25 May 2009 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=colling]How does a person's style affect your impression of them, or the impression they make on you?

Yes..i mean u wil immediately notice someone has a good dressing sense so yeah!
Um..not just by judging their dressing sense!
More style concious...some intelligent ppl may prefer to dress dwon..
 yeah if they did not their wud never be fashion shows!
more women in particular.

nulz

nulz

Posted: 25 May 2009 at 10:18pm | IP Logged

It would depend .. I guess being well dressed for the occasion is more important to me .. I wouldn't care if some1 wasn't well dressed for going out shopping or for a jog/walk etc .. yes if some1 wasn't dressed well for work or for a function than that would bother me. In terms of getting attention .. some1 who isn't dressed for the occasion (not well dressed or over dressed) would sort of be the center of attention. We can't really judge ppl by the way they dress, I feel I would pay attention to an individual regardless of whether they are well dressed or not. Having said that, I would like to add that I would not tolerate ppl who have vulgar dressing.

No .. whether well dressed or not, wouldn't affect my level of respect for that person.

Probably more style and people/environment conscious .. intelligent nah .. cant tell by the dressing sense, havta talk to that person to discover that.

Sure, if that person is fashion conscious, I might be influenced by the style/accessories if I like what I see.

All people in general

Post Reply New Post

Go to top