Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters)
Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters)

India-Forums

A note about the 3 judges... (Page 4)

pigbelly4myfeet IF-Rockerz
pigbelly4myfeet
pigbelly4myfeet

Posted: 25 May 2009 at 4:44pm | IP Logged
Thanks so much for your comments everyone! I really enjoyed reading them all.

@ Dabulls23: LOL thanks yaar. :D

@ Simran: LOL *high five* for writting essays! :D
I agree with you yaar, and I def. feel that Mithunda has spoilt his own reputation through this show in a way....I too respected and admired him alot more before this show. I think it's all about pride- if he had taken suggestions like you said from someone more knowledgeable in dance, I wouldn't have minded him at all. I would've respected him more actually for that since we all know he's not a dance master or anything so it would've been totally acceptable. Same goes for Remo- the pride and ego issue again, and same for Geeta as well.
If these people would take criticism in a healthy way they would've benefited more in the end. They would've had better dancers and given better dances. Criticism is more helpful than harmful I feel.

I agree with you about Terrence and the other dancers. I also really strongly believe that if Terrence had guided some of the other dancers, they would've grown and been more versatile, in the end becoming better dancers. All of the 18 contestants starting out had the same potential I think...it was just upto the masters to bring out the best in them...and I think Terrence is the only one who did actually fulfilled that. Other contestants may have grown a little bit...but I feel they are still pretty much at the same place as they started out with. They haven't really overcomed most of their weaknesses.

@ chutneyx4404: Thanks so much for your thoughts! I agree with you completely about Mithunda asking Terrence to perform the acts on stage. It was totally disrespectful. And really good point about Geeta as well..I was so shocked when he asked her to loose weight. Anyways, I think his reputation has def. gone down after this.
And ya like you I too feel that Remo and Geeta are pretty respectful to Terrence for the most part. Sometimes of course they disagree. I feel like there's more tension between Remo and Geeta than either two of them with Terrence. lol. Like how Remo didn't pick Siddesh and Geeta didn't pick Salman for the top 4 list. lol just an assumption they may be totally cool with each other who knows. lol

Thanks everyone for replying! =)
chutneyx4404 Senior Member
chutneyx4404
chutneyx4404

Posted: 25 May 2009 at 6:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by simran777

@chutneyx4404--and i agree w/ u dear!! It's usually Superguru GM who'd carry the nerve to start it & others joined in...this's where I say there's no free tickets to insults---be it any elderly/person of power or knowledge or talent.....I still love Mithunji & Remoji & Geetaji---just few actionz (due to wanting 2 win this show or feeling you can get away with things) did not sit well with me...

1.) Terenceji's points are Detailed & True---that being said, he should've also been told to say some and keep rest to say personally off-stage. I personally never felt he was Out of place or Rude in saying the truth----and it was genuine & only to better them! Of course, by nature we have different levels of sensitivity to different things, however Terenceji was not crossing the Lines of Humanity or Morality to put down anyone in any way shape or form.

2.) So, for the reason stated above, wouldn't it be more appropriate for the GM & other 2 Judges to appropriately say it to Terence off stage not to do that, as oppposed to time & time again mock him on stage 4 it?!! I'm DEAD certain Terenceji would not fight back and disrespect nor disobey their humble request. Also, perhaps there'd be less 4 Terenceji to point out if the 2 Judges & GM had done their end of the Job properly in commenting than "covering & complimenting own team" & "being speechless" most of the times...

3.) As far as Amazing Alisha having improved greatly with the yearning to learn more (as opposed 2 feeling she'z a know it all w/ cocky attitude saying im here 2 just win) is greatly a humble, true artist genuine sweet attitude THANKS 2 HER MENTOR!!!:-)

4.) I just cant help but imagine what Terenceji could brought out in the great talented dancers of Geetaji's team (MANDAKANI, Siddesh, Paulson, Noni (in firstly genuinely getting her physically fit if possible) etc...) AND even of Remoji's team (Salman, Bhavna, Prince (i'm dead certain he'd have improved on attempting to enhance his versatility in dancing) etc..)

5.) So, in conclusion Many of the funny things ( Mujae star yaad ah geya, Saumya's teasing, & all other silly stuff) are accepted & great!! Just when it comez to the Main Focus of Show = Dance & Evaluation....these should be taken seriously & improved upon rather than mocked at, laughed at, and in the end nothing done about LOL....clearly, that won't aid in Getting Us India's BEST Dancing Star!

yaar i LUV ur quote, "Thas my 2 cents, if ya dnt like it---keep the change!" hahahaaaaa love it! 

2.  Touche.  They could have said it later for a couple of their comments.  At the same time, if they hadn't said anything, for some of the viewers, the list may just make it seem like they are weaker dancers, so it reminds them that they are not actually weak dancers.  I mean, if you actually listen, it is constructive, but I think we all know that not all the viewers do that. Just sayin'.

4.  I think that at least Remo did a pretty good job of getting out their strengths and Geeta at times as well.  I think the problem was that they couldn't cope as well as Terrence could with having a lot of dancers.  They didn't really focus their attention on all of them.  Mangesh was clearly neglected after he came back.  Geeta lost a lot and finally brought out her choroegraphy when there was just one duet and two solos to choreograph. (like the Romance episode).  I don't really think Terrence could have gotten Nonni physically fit.  I think he would have used it more to his advantage.  I mean, the girl actually had a lot of strength.  And as for Sunita, she did as much as she was willing to work for.  We all saw them with Terrence.  Back to Remo, most of the time his attention is more to one person or the other.  At first it was Salman and his stunts, and when they told him to stop, he paid more attention to Prince.  A really short time it was Khushboo as well.  I will admit though, Terrence a couple of times paid more attention to some of his dancers over others.

)Haha, thanks for the compliment :) I was just kind of thinking about that phrase and idk...I thought it was funny. :)

Go to top