Dance India Dance L'il Masters (DID L'il Masters)

A note about the 3 judges... - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pigbelly4myfeet thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: rekhab25

i don't watch this show that much so can't really say.

LOL no worries...thanks for stoppin by to the DID forum and this topic then. πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: cute2stay

O that's a good point yaar so true! They never get any credit! In that way I think Remo is good cuz I think he has mentioned once or twice that it's a team effort...if I'm remembering right that is...πŸ˜•. But ya I've never heard Geeta praise the other team members even though she admitted that day that khathak wasn't her forte.

But ya so true, thanks for saying this! They def. do a great job and don't get any credit. . Hat's off indeed! =)

btw off topic but your gujju prank link in your sig dabba: 🀣🀣 

Arre yaar remo's meaning of team effort is-thank you very much to my entire team-me, myself and IπŸ˜†
I think geeta would've been pretty decent in kathak actually, cos she's trained in classical after all but I can't comment on the rest of her choreo =| But you can actually see the amount of people that work for one guy's performance, on fb there are pics of the entire choreo crew-its massiveee-atleast 7-8 of them and that too working on just one/two people!

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†I'm glad you liked the gujju jokeeπŸ˜›the best was when the lady puts him on hold with the automatic music playing and he goes something like..'yeh toh dev anand ka gaana hain'πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Itni kanjoosi!😲That's only 1 cheer, not 3 yaar!πŸ˜†
Btw pallavi, my name's Dia. =)
pigbelly4myfeet thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

Arre yaar remo's meaning of team effort is-thank you very much to my entire team-me, myself and IπŸ˜†
I think geeta would've been pretty decent in kathak actually, cos she's trained in classical after all but I can't comment on the rest of her choreo =| But you can actually see the amount of people that work for one guy's performance, on fb there are pics of the entire choreo crew-its massiveee-atleast 7-8 of them and that too working on just one/two people!

πŸ˜†πŸ˜†I'm glad you liked the gujju jokeeπŸ˜›the best was when the lady puts him on hold with the automatic music playing and he goes something like..'yeh toh dev anand ka gaana hain'πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

LOL acha yeh meaning tha Remo ka? but still atleast he acknowleged na?

Ya Geeta might've been decent at kathak but she herself admitted that it's not her forte and she had help from someone.

But ya that's so crazy! Now when you tell me that, it's so unfair that they don't get any credit! Is it like the overall concept is the judges' and then these people help with extra stuff? Plus some people from those 7-8 could also be physiotherapists etc. too na?

🀣🀣 the gujju joke! LOL kitni baar dekh chuki hai tu yeh video? πŸ˜› I didn't even hear that part!! That's SO funny!! I need to watch it again. πŸ˜†πŸ˜† And when the angrezi lady says "have you lost it?" and he says "haan khoi gayoo" 🀣Best prank ever!

And o Hi Dia that's a nice name. =)

Arrey and it's not kanjoosi it's lazziness. Too lazi to type 3 cheers....but not that lazy that I can't write a 2 page essay. πŸ˜›πŸ˜†πŸ˜† 
Edited by cute2stay - 14 years ago
simran777 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
πŸ˜›Lovely Topic---tru said! Amen..

~u kinda remind me of myself...i can't write like "half-a-view", it's a must to get it all outta my system & read a Riot Act where necessary--iz like in my blood---hence, i'm an essay individual myself

~so, although tempted 2 write "Much" more---i'll stick 2 making 1 point 4 now which I feel strongly about & here goes:

Yunki mujae befazul baat karne ki adat toh hai nahi:-), lekin sochne wali baat yeh hai keh, "ISNT this a Dance Show"---apparently to Evaluate & bring out the Best???

So, why is it that Terence Ji was mocked SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO VERY MUCH to like NO end 4 doing his job!!!!! I mean I only wish like the otherz there did the Very Same as Him---keeping all their biases/insecurity issues/sick repetitious humor aside!! To the limit they stretched it---it became very distasteful & disheartening to watch...not to mention disrespectful because Furthermore, you're mocking a teacher of respect right in front of his students and to the public ( I dont recall similar disrespect towards Geetaji nor Remoji).

I mean is it that they didn't wanna make a "black sheep" image thru criticizing?? Or they refrained as they couldn't do a level in Evaluating the Dances as well as Terenceji?? To Mock what you're insecure of is a Very Well-Known "self-defense mechanism" in psychology...I'm just stating the facts, that's human nature & we all carry some or another form of these defense mechanisms, but back to my point...

Like seriously, what's the issue?!---There's one extreme end of a spectrum Judge (Terrific Terenceji) who did the JOB AS REQUIRED and then the other end where One'z always Speechless (Meh kya bolu/ meh kuch nahi bolunga---with all due respect 2 Mithunji) and the otherz falling in btwn playing kiddie games with the most Detrimental Aspect & Focus of this Show--to Making Proper Evaluationz n Critiquing..

Now to top it all off as a circus, the ONE Judge Actually doing his Job (and was thoroughly appreciated 4 it all along by public as well as contestants i'm sure) getz MOCKED 4 it?!!! It's downright pathetic & ridiculous..
A joke once fine, twice fine again, thrice annoying but still accepted----BUT TO NO LIMIT Again n Again????--doesn't make it a laughable anymore esp. to where Terenceji was brought to a position of saying " Okay next time I'll come with a Zipped/taped  mouth"??? And the Colleague choreographerz (firstly not doing their own critiquing duty properly) carry the nerve/sheer audacity to join in poking fun?!! Clearly, there's something wrong here....
I mean for pete sake---A DANCE SHOW JUDGE IS MOCKED 4 DETAILED EVALUATIONZ.....how so very sad indeed, actually jokes apart I find it shameful---it's like mockery of Art, which many passionately place on a high pedestal & respect! I can't imagine even unintentionaly (forget intentionally) hurting pure sentiments to any vital entity like that...
So, all in all, that was very hard 4 me 2 digest...but i can just ride it off thinking that, "Common sense is not that common.." & if ignorance is a bliss, then we're certainly in heaven! Lol...anyhow, the fact that they point out the Minutest Details----is indirectly a compliment to Terenceji that he IS THE ONE INFACT DOING HIS JOB....Everyone that i know of looks FORWARD to & Listens w/ Undivided Attention to Terenceji's comments second to or even above the Dances....so that speaks in itself as the biggest compliment  to him along with Of Course the workingz of his Great Choreography...❀️may All Good Things come his way Always....
Lastly, I'll end w/ a quote a.) about him & b.) one to him:

a.) In criticizing, the teacher is hoping to teach. That's all.
b.) Develop the mind of equilibrium.
for you will always be getting praise and blame,
but do not let either affect the poise of the mind,
follow the calmness, the absence of pride..
~Sutta Nipata
~An encouragement 4 u 2 stay the Beautiful way you Exactly are!! You're an A++ individual...

**phew, now this was ONE point I had 2 make!! LOL and yet i haven't even gone into the other onez...okie, back 2 studytime!!πŸ€“
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Cute2Stay, Simran777 excellent write ups....

Totally agree with you both for your points on 3 judges and Simran's write up on Terence and how he was mocked for his judging....

Nothing left for me to write...

Ab main kya boloon................ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Grand Salute.....πŸ‘
simran777 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Cute2Stay, Simran777 excellent write ups....

Totally agree with you both for your points on 3 judges and Simran's write up on Terence and how he was mocked for his judging....

Nothing left for me to write...

Ab main kya boloon................ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Grand Salute.....πŸ‘

hahhaaaaaaa ur 2222 funny hun!🀣
Curious?!?....scratching ur tummy while sayin this???!πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰
Kuch na kaho, kuch na kaho (*song) aap bas humko veto se bacha lehna...yunki thori hera pheri toh chalti hai na hamare desh mein....
ohhh, mujae mera ⭐️*gana yaad ayea--->
"Apni chatri tumko dedeh kabhi jo barse pani, Kabhi naye packet meh bechein tumko cheez purani...
Thori hum meh saachai hai, thori hai beyimani.............phir bhi dil hai Hindustani!πŸ˜ƒ

***waise, on a serious note---i'll also say (w/o my essay elaborationπŸ˜†) that i feel often Jai was also another target unnecessarily mocked at numerous times to where he was being laughed AT rather than WITH...(whateva the underlying politics of the show are i dn't know exactly, but there certainly are some 4 sho!) Another grand saluteπŸ˜ƒ?? ...nahi😳?! ohh, k i jus thought i'd get another 4 da heck of it!
Sam_dean4Eva thumbnail
woah, i completely agree with each of ur words that u said leaving remo and terence i feel very sryy for Siddesh as he is one of my favs that he is not given anything new tpo perform..!!
this surely wud not happened if he was with terence or Remo, they really noe how to use their contestants in right type of dances whose result is always gud

All the Best Siddeshand JAI, u both rock
crez_lrl thumbnail
I agree with you. Terrence is really the most unbiased judge. I think recently he's become more biased but it's probably because he thinks that if he's the only judge to point out his own student's mistakes, they'll lose out. And that is true. He's also a great choreographer. 😊

I feel that the only problem with Remo is that he is too DEFENSIVE. But it ends up being a really big problem. πŸ˜† He is always very defensive about his contestants which is why he is biased towards them. Because he was defensive of Prince, he continued to make him do LnP till the end even despite the other judges sort of contesting to that. But at least he gives useful comments and can choreograph well.

Geeta... Geeta is really the weakest choreographer to me. And the whole Kathak is not my forte is NOT an excuse. I mean this week Jai did tandav and I'm sure it isn't Terrence's forte. Still it was so well choreographed. I don't think there are any dances choreographed by her that I found memorable. I mean poor Siddesh, for the Prithvi theme everyone else's dances were well choreographed but his was like no dancing towards the end. He was like holding the board for nearly 5 seconds.

This has nothing to do with Geeta as a choreographer but I find her annoying at times. Esp when she starts speaking as though she's a kid, all high pitched and I dunno how to explain, kiddish. 🀒 And her comment for Jai, I wish I was the dupatta. What? She rarely has comments that are related to the dance. Oh and her biasness is really obvious too.

simran777 thumbnail
***Clarification***
~I think i can speak 4 mostly every1 here when i say that we Do infact Love & Respect All the Dancers, Choreographerz, Hosts, GM etc...of this show..
~As people & individuals they're all talented in their own dimensionz & they are making an effort to entertain us ultimately...
~It's just that along with appreciation & agreement & love for them--there's disagreement for some of their Actionz (words, gestures etc....)
~In the end, no contestant nor contestant wantz 2 lose...all desire 2 proudly head home w/ the Topi and that'z human nature, so i do respect em all in that respect as well as the 2 hosts & Mithunji 4 their entertainment----it'z just what I dont digest well is contradictory or unfair Acts of people..
~Firstly, Mithunji'z respected as a great actor in my eyez & as an eldery (for that's what my culture teaches me). However, respect is alwayz earned...I frankly feel it'd been better had he Let a more appropriate person (of more knowledge & capibility of dance evaluation) have his position of Judging & Commentz & Veto Power, and whereas he could've still kept himself on his created show the same way with the rest of interaction he's had. HE'D BEEN FAR RESPECTED IN MY EYEZ 4 THAT & There's nothing demeaning to him in that---in fact i feel he'd have avoided placing himself in any controversy now, despite his Hard Earned Image Status over the years. Whether format of the HIS Show or whatever I feel He'z rudely mocked Rakhee & Terence's judging to a great unnecessary degree, used veto power for a girl once it was announced ( i mean clearly when it was just two girls left early on---he could've voiced it out then right if it was about girls? Why wait till end to see if it'z khusboo/alisha---would he have done same 4 Alisha?!) Whateverz the answer to all this only he knowz in his heart, however to raise the brow of suspicion of many people as he did & unnecessarily put his image all out there 4 controversy isn't so wise I think, although i still love him. To be an elderly, or person of power doesn't give anyone a free ticket to abuse/get away for break rules, be disrespectful, unfair, mock someone etc...Getting Respect & Fairness has no age number---young or old noone appreciates disrespect... I'm sure w/in their hearts Rakhee (labeled mentally slow), Terenceji (laughed as kanjus evaluator), Jai (laughed as bigmouth)....all must've hurt inside by that, it's so impolite---whether such things are done 2 give the public "drama" like all other showz do----i'd just like 2 recommend taking a Trail No One has Travelled & Leaving A Path versus Going down one that everyone travels....because quite frankly, I feel (besides the talents) the reason this show greatly gained popularity is the fact that it cut LOTS CRAP & Was a step above the otherz which do that...That's what made this show better---It's a dance show & their focus was kept mostly 2 that ALOT better than the other onez...despite the negative politics which did take place as well...
~Although there's MANY other points, but like I highly disagree w/ the talented choreographer Remoji where he'z shown a big bias & contradiction along with Geetaji (Salman carries more versatility over Prince's main L&P---to which she agreez but yet feelz Prince deserves to be final 4 over Salman?!! And Remoji (again Too many Points on him but herez few):
==he put skates (a prop which hinders performance)on Salman at this vital time of competition when he was the one who Strongly objected to doing that in Mandakani's dance (she even did FAR better job with it on) and also has Prince always doing L&P (even exactly said "I'll have my contestants do Only what they're best at") while on the other hand he's also said "it'z time you show us something different (to another teamz contestant)"
==says many times "this's something Totally New/No onez done be4" (implying total credit towards self---i've seen more creativity from Terenceji & he's ALWAYZ given credit to whatever entity, culture, person etc...inspired him---so, i just respect Terencez honest creativity mixed in even more as opposed to where I still like Remoji'z work but have the question in the back of my head of it being Totally his when he rarely givez out credit...
==Ab koi excuse nahi chalega---(and yet he says the whole excuse itself in detail)
~To doing Everything & Anything there'z a list of ethics & values which goad us onto the path of actions we take...regardless of what we do--it should be in harmony with our morals & base of humanity...because ultimately Next to God iz Humanity (and then all the other human relationz) which most keepz us in doing the right thing...
~To us it'z a mere talent entertainment show...but regardless of TRPs, politics, or anything negative---NONE of us would like to be in a position where we're unfairly taken out, unfairly mocked at etc....
This is why I say there'z not any excuse to cross lines of humanity or be contradictory/unfair....and it'z utterly sad when a Fair Judge like Terenceji had to shift to support his Deserving Talents (as they were UNFAIRLY LEAVING) because where he was Finely pointing out flaws of All the contestants, it seemz other judges were on the contrary:
1.) overlooking/covering their team contestants flaws (thru most of the show till now where they're Forced to HAVE to state the obvious)
2.) complimenting their own while jumping 2 criticizing otherz
3.) Or Agreeing w/ Terencez  on the criticism for his contestants & UNFAIRLY TAKING ADVANTAGE of his genuineness basically...
So, in conclusion...in every sport/event/competition---there lies a "code of ethics" & "common courtesy" which should not be overlooked/crossed...