is nobody interested in Ramayanam here ?? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 6

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 6
Page 5 Page 6

jai sri ram

Goldie

jai sri ram

Posted: 14 June 2009 at 6:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by meli

wow..the hindi version is gonna end soonShocked How many episodes are the tamil version away from hindi???Ermm

yes hindi there is only 1 week & in tamil we have more than 8 months !!
So be cool !!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "is nobody interested in Ramayanam here ?? (Page 4)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Meena.IF

IF-Dazzler

Meena.IF

Posted: 15 June 2009 at 4:31am | IP Logged

S'day I saw the episode of Ssamudra dev appearing before Rama.

Hanuman, with dual role (hanuman and mayavi in disguise) gave very good expressions.

I din't like the expressions by duplicate Seetha, as shown by Ravana. She could have been more expressive. Rama showed Anger very well.. But when he was praying the ocena, he could have been more rigid. Fingers were not straight. There was something about his posture that I didn't like.

I just posted comments about Ramayana that is being telecasted. Not about the epic.
I am not the right person to answer u Jagdu, as I take the good ones from the greate epic and try to follow it. I do not extensive knowledge to answer u.

Vibhishna

Goldie

Vibhishna

Posted: 24 June 2009 at 7:59pm | IP Logged
I never knew there was a Tamil Ramayan section. I'm so glad I can continue discussing this show Tongue

jai sri ram - You started this topic and you never told me Angry
Angry
I love this new Ramayan. I used to watch it in Hindi, Telugu, Malayalam and Tamil but I don't find time these days. I do not know all these languages but Ramayan is something beyond languages. I understood it no matter in what language I watched it.

In NDTV Imagine, the show is going to end soon.

In Malayalam and Telugu version telecast in Gemini TV and Surya TV the series is a few episodes behind the Hindi version.

In Sun TV, they have reached till the part where Ram starts building the bridge across the ocean. Still a long way to go . . .

In this Ramayan, I love the cast, music and settings. Everything is beautifully made.

In the Tamil version - hats off to the dubbing crew. Excellent dialogues Clap Clap Clap

Vibhishna

Goldie

Vibhishna

Posted: 24 June 2009 at 8:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jagdu

Nishi,
Every one says "Ram naam satya hai." Which translates to the name Raam means truth. How much truth is there to Raam? The protagonists never explained.
Zee Tv, from which SunTv aped the serial "Ramayan" provides no explanaitons. The only reason Lord Vishnu took incarnation to becoming a mortal human being is: Ravana, the representation of all evil did not fear humans. He feared every thing else.
How did good destroy all the good that was in Lanka? Even Hema Malini, a true Iyengar brahmin, married a man who's already been married. The same can be said of Kamalahassan, another brahmin before he converted.
I have many more questions. The integrity of Lord Raama is in question. Can any one step up please?

I'll try Smile

It was more because Ravana did not consider humans worthy to kill him. The only way to kill Ravana was to be a complete human and capable enough to kill him.

I'm not familiar with details of the persons you have mentioned.

But regarding Lanka - all the good was not destroyed.

I'll be glad to put down my views. I am not completely proficient in the Epics and Mythology but I can try with what I know.

jagdu

IF-Dazzler

jagdu

Posted: 28 June 2009 at 4:15pm | IP Logged
V,
That is a very satisying
Eljay meri maa, Sita went through a trial by fire. When she emerged from the fire, the godess laxmi retired and the human Sita came out succesfully to prove to Rama that she is pure.True? There is no question that Rama was an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, laxmana of Aadisesha and Sita was Laxmi.
the livermore hindu temple published that Mandodari was faithful to Ravana and advised him against holding Seeta. And that Ravana got mad with Vibeeshana and anyone else who counseled him as such. But he did not show his anger to Mandodari, because he genuinely loved her. I was always under the impression that Mandodari was a rakshasi.

Vibhishna

Goldie

Vibhishna

Posted: 28 June 2009 at 8:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jagdu

V,
That is a very satisying
Eljay meri maa, Sita went through a trial by fire. When she emerged from the fire, the godess laxmi retired and the human Sita came out succesfully to prove to Rama that she is pure.True? There is no question that Rama was an incarnation of Lord Vishnu, laxmana of Aadisesha and Sita was Laxmi.
the livermore hindu temple published that Mandodari was faithful to Ravana and advised him against holding Seeta. And that Ravana got mad with Vibeeshana and anyone else who counseled him as such. But he did not show his anger to Mandodari, because he genuinely loved her. I was always under the impression that Mandodari was a rakshasi.

It all depends on which version of Ramayan you follow. I tend to follow Valmiki Ramayan as that was the first written and the other version have been written from this one or some other version which had come from Valmiki Ramayan. There are many versions of Ramayan and so many differences in each of them. No offence meant to any other version but I follow Valmiki Ramayan as it is the only one that gives me the least amount of doubts.

This is the first time I am hearing that Goddess Lakshmi retired after the Agni Pariksha. As far as I have read, Devi Sita was the incarnation of Goddess Lakshmi and she lived on the Earth till her time was over and then went to Vaikuntha to wait for Ram to finish his incarnation and come back as Lord Vishnu.

Regarding Lakshman being the avtaar of Adisesha, again the different versions are different. In the Valmiki Ramayan, it is only mentioned that the four brothers were 4 parts of Lord Vishnu and nothing about Lakshman being the avtaar of Adisesha or Bharat and Shathrugan being avtaars of Panchajanya and Sudharshan.

Regarding holding Sita - again there are differences in different versions. In Valmiki Ramayan, Ravan snatches Sita away by force. In the Kambaramayan, he tears apart the Earth with the cottage and everything and flies to Lanka. Mandodari and Vibhishan did plead quite a lot with Ravan saying that it was not the right thing to do. But he discarded it all. Vibhishan got kicked out. Though Ravan was not as bad to Mandodari he did not heed her words as well. As for Mandodari, she was not completely a rakshasa - she was born to a Rakshasa father and Apsara mother.

Hope this helped Smile

Edited by Vibhishna - 28 June 2009 at 8:54pm

Vibhishna

Goldie

Vibhishna

Posted: 05 July 2009 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
A very good episode of Ramayan today.

Ravan keeps thinking about what to do regarding Ram reaching Lanka. After quite a discussion, it was decided that they all wait for Ram to make the first move. Ravan sends Malyavaan (his maternal grandfather) out of the court.

Ravan enjoys music and dance in his palace and the diamond in his crown gives out flashes of light that is seen by Ram and the others in the camp. Ram after hearing Vibhishan's explanations as to what it is shoots an arrow that pushes Ravan's crown off his head and returns to him. Mandodari is worried about this. But Ravan brushes aside all her pleas and advices.

Ravan's spies Sukhan and Sharan go to Ram's camp to spy on their enemies armies. They are spotted by Vibhishan who produces them in front of Ram and explains who they are and what Ravan plans them to do. He also reveals the incident where Sukhan was sent to coax Sugreev to join Ravan's side and how he had refused it. Ram was happy with Sugreev and lets Sukhan and Sharan go free.

They both return and tell Ravan all that had happened and as usual Ravan is angry when his two spies show respect to Ram. Ravan now sees the army and his two spies explain who is who. After seeing Ram, Ravan takes his gigantic form. When Ram looks at that, his visvaroopam, Lord Vishnu's form is also seen.

Quite a good episode.

Ram's expressions were wonderful.

Edited by Vibhishna - 06 July 2009 at 11:34am

Meena.IF

IF-Dazzler

Meena.IF

Posted: 05 July 2009 at 10:22pm | IP Logged
Vibishna.. Thanks a lot for the updates..

The sad thing is I missed the episode.... Hope to see Ram's Viswaroopam next week... If not I will watch it online atleast... that was wonderful update by u..

Thanks...

I was just wondering how I will now  what happened.. Vibishna iruka bayamen?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top