Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Vibhishna thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
A very good episode of Ramayan today.

Ravan keeps thinking about what to do regarding Ram reaching Lanka. After quite a discussion, it was decided that they all wait for Ram to make the first move. Ravan sends Malyavaan (his maternal grandfather) out of the court.

Ravan enjoys music and dance in his palace and the diamond in his crown gives out flashes of light that is seen by Ram and the others in the camp. Ram after hearing Vibhishan's explanations as to what it is shoots an arrow that pushes Ravan's crown off his head and returns to him. Mandodari is worried about this. But Ravan brushes aside all her pleas and advices.

Ravan's spies Sukhan and Sharan go to Ram's camp to spy on their enemies armies. They are spotted by Vibhishan who produces them in front of Ram and explains who they are and what Ravan plans them to do. He also reveals the incident where Sukhan was sent to coax Sugreev to join Ravan's side and how he had refused it. Ram was happy with Sugreev and lets Sukhan and Sharan go free.

They both return and tell Ravan all that had happened and as usual Ravan is angry when his two spies show respect to Ram. Ravan now sees the army and his two spies explain who is who. After seeing Ram, Ravan takes his gigantic form. When Ram looks at that, his visvaroopam, Lord Vishnu's form is also seen.

Quite a good episode.

Ram's expressions were wonderful.

Edited by Vibhishna - 14 years ago
Meena.IF thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Vibishna.. Thanks a lot for the updates..

The sad thing is I missed the episode.... Hope to see Ram's Viswaroopam next week... If not I will watch it online atleast... that was wonderful update by u..

Thanks...

I was just wondering how I will now  what happened.. Vibishna iruka bayamen?
Vibhishna thumbnail
Originally posted by: Arjun_Meena

Vibishna.. Thanks a lot for the updates..

The sad thing is I missed the episode.... Hope to see Ram's Viswaroopam next week... If not I will watch it online atleast... that was wonderful update by u..

Thanks...

I was just wondering how I will now  what happened.. Vibishna iruka bayamen?

😆 😆 😆

You're welcome Arjun_Meena.

I was not sure if anyone wanted the detailed updates and hence I posted a short one.

Sad that you missed it but I'm sure some of the scenes will be repeated in the next episode. 😊
Meena.IF thumbnail
Waiting to see Viswaroopam of lord Vishnu..
Vibhishna thumbnail
Quite a good episode today - only I still haven't found out where they got the stories from.

Angada challenges everyone at Ravan's court to move his leg from the ground - an attempt at which everyone (including Akampana, Prahasta, Trisira, Narantak, Devantak and Indrajeet and one more whose name I don't know) fail (Angada also says that if anyone there succeeds, on behalf of Lord Rama he vowed that they would admit defeat and go away from Lanka). Infuriated, Ravana himself comes forward to try it. Angada takes away his foot and says that he should fall at Lord Rama's feet not at his. Ravana gets even more angry and orders Prahasta and Akampana to cut off the head of the vanara. Angada gives his final message that Ravana has time till daybreak and if he is still adamant, the war will begin and leaps into the air.

The situation is discussed in Lord Rama's camp, in Ravana's chambers and in the Asoka Vana where Sita is imprisoned.

Ravana discards all advice and is adamant to have Sita for himself.

In the Vanara camp, Vibhishana cautions everyone to be extremely alert.

Indrajeet suggests to Ravana that he can use the help of Ayilravana and Mayilravana to dispose of the two men even before the war starts.

This plan appeals to him and Ravana summons both of them from the Patal Loka. Ayilravana and Mayilravana arrive and agree to take Rama and Lakshmana to the Patal Loka and sacrifice them both to the Demon Gods.

They arrive at the Vanara camp and disguise themselves as Vanaras. They even kill a guard who suspects them and moving further in they check out the pavillions for Rama and Lakshmana.

Hanuman had earlier wound his tail around the pavillion Rama and Lakshmana were in. Ayilravana and Mayilravana find out the place and then realise that they cannot get in through the entrance.

They go underground again and dig up a new tunnel leading straight into the pavillion. Rama is asleep and Lakshmana wakes up at frequent intervals to check on his elder brother.

The two demons make a small object appear from which some sort of smoke comes out and makes Rama and Lakshmana unconcious. Ayilravana and Mayilravana carry them off to the Patal Loka (that is where they live).

The next morning the most awaited battle does not start and no sign of Rama and Lakshmana yet.

Ravan boasts that both of them had fled. Sita insists that her husband will surely come to resuce her. Vibhishana, Sugreeva, Angada, Jambavaan, Nala, Neela come to see Lord Ram but Hanuman tells them that they haven't woken up yet.

They find the body of the vanara Ayilravana and mayilravana had killed and realise that something is seriously wrong. When Hanumaan removes his protection, Ram and Lakshmana are discovered missing. Everyone (especially Hanumaan) looks shocked and the episode ends.

😉 Spoiler - This adventure will not end soon 😉

Meena.IF thumbnail

That was so king of you to do the update.. As usual I missed the episode.. Last week i watched it.. But this week, had to miss it.. due to some other work.. Oh God.. Missed u...

Angada story I already knew..  However, this ayilravana and mayilravana was new to me..

One more doubt is, in the epic, it will said that Lakshmana is the one who hasn't slept for 14 years during their exile and he always guarded Rama.. But, is that not so in Valmiki Ramayana?

Thanks for the updates Vibhishana..

Vibhishna thumbnail
Originally posted by: Arjun_Meena

That was so king of you to do the update.. As usual I missed the episode.. Last week i watched it.. But this week, had to miss it.. due to some other work.. Oh God.. Missed u...

Angada story I already knew..  However, this ayilravana and mayilravana was new to me..

One more doubt is, in the epic, it will said that Lakshmana is the one who hasn't slept for 14 years during their exile and he always guarded Rama.. But, is that not so in Valmiki Ramayana?

Thanks for the updates Vibhishana..

You're welcome. Starting August I'll give updates regularly. I just need some time to get things settled here. Last week I was so caught up I couldn't come online for the entire week.

Lakshmana not sleeping for the 14 years comes up in one of the versions of Ramayan - I am not sure if it is written or a folk tale version.

This is not so in the Valmiki Ramayan in which Lakshmana serves Rama with utmost devotion but does get a little time to rest.

I was familiar with the story of Rama and Lakshmana taken into the underground but it was only one demon - in some versions it was Ayilravana and in some others it was Mayilravana - who took them to the place. The fact that both were involved is new to me and the adventures that come up as well. I wish I can find out where these stories come up from.

Vibhishna thumbnail
This week the episode showed Hanuman clearing the obstacles on the way to Patala Loka and moving deeper into the tunnel.

Jambavan, Angad, Nal and Neel go after Hanuman to help him.

On the way, Hanuman comes to know that Ram and Lakshman are imprisoned by Ahiravan and Mahiravan and would be sacrificed to the Demon Gods.

On learning this, Hanuman prays to Surya Dev for assistance and Surya Dev blesses him by saying that the Sun won't set before Hanuman saves Ram and Lakshman.

Ravan eagerly awaits sunset . . .

In Ahiravan and Mahiravan's palace, there is a Naga kanya named Chandrasena. It seems that she had been forced to marry one of them (not sure which one). In her mind she has been praying for Lord Ram to be her husband. (Honestly I've never heard this version before I saw it in this serial.) Eventhough she slashes Ahiravan (or Mahiravan - I don't konw which) who tries to misbehave to her he is revived by small bird like creatures. The demon laughs and goes about his way.

Hanuman is about to enter one more door that is on the way to Patala Loka . . .

The ad for the next week's episode showed Ram and Lakshman sprawled in front of the Demon God and preparations for the sacrifice going on, Hanuman moving deeper into Patala Loka. 

Sorry for the delay 😳
Vibhishna thumbnail
Today's episode (August 3rd):

There wasn't much of a progress in the story.

Hanuman confronts the guards at one of the doors to Patal Loka. The guards trap Hanuman in a net and jeer at him saying that Ram and Lakshman will be sacrificed to the Demon Gods and they will get the prasad of human flesh when it is over. Hanuman becomes angry at their words and summons his mace (Gadhai/Gada) and defeats all four guards. He breaks the entrance to the passage and moves further.

Jambavan, Angad, Nal and Neel are still searching for Hanuman. They encounter a demon who wants to kill and eat them but everytime Angad tries to hit him with his mace, he disappears. Finally, after a lot of struggle and a lot of disappearing acts on the demon's part, Angad hits the demon on the head kills him. The four of them move in further in search of Hanuman.

Shurpanakha taunts Sita that she will be a widow by the end of the day and goes back and reports to Ravan that Sita has given up hope and she understands the situation. Mandodari says that Sita is Lanka's destruction. Ravan gets angry on hearing this.

Inside the palace of Ahiravan and Mahiravan, Chandrasena is pacing up and down trying to think of a way to save Ram and Lakshman. Her maid suggests that there are only two ways to stop the catastrophy - to befoul the sacrifice itself and to prevent the purifying rites that should precede the sacrifice from being completed.

Ahiravan and Mahiravan take and oath to sacrifice Ram and Lakshman as soon as the sun sets.

Sita sees a terrible bird going towards Ravan's palace. Trijata informs her that he is a messenger from Ahiravan and Mahiravan.

The messenger informs Ravan that Ahiravan and Mahiravan have taken an oath to sacrifice Ram and Lakshman to the Demon God after sunset and that they will not be able to contact him till the ceremony is over and that they themselves will come and meet Ravan in person after it was all over. Ravan is pleased by the news. Indrajeet suggests that they order for festivities to begin in Lanka.

When Ravan, Mandodari and Shurpanakha were discussing the situation, Mandodari says that Sita is the heroine of Lanka's destruction. Ravan explains that nothing can go wrong today and victory will be theirs. Mandodari asks if Ahiravan and Mahiravan cannot be defeated. Ravan replies that they are immortal. Long time ago, Ahiravan and Mahiravan had saves some honey-bee creatures from being stoned to death by some children. In gratitude for saving their lives, these creatures promised to take care that Ahiravan and Mahiravan do not die. They said that at the place where they save their honey there is a pot of elixir (Amrit Kalash). And when Ahiravan or Mahiravn die of injuries they will bring the elixir and bring them back to life.

Surya Dev appears to Sita and tells her that he wont set untill Hanuman has saved Ram and Lakshman. Since they are Suryavanshis (of the Solar Dynasty), it was his duty to protect them and her married life. Sita is happy on hearing this.

Ravan wonders why the Sun is stagnant at one place for such a long time. Mandodari says that the Surya Dev mocks at Ravan by disobeying his orders and his true master is someone else. She also says that Ravan cannot prevent what isto happen.

Hanuman flies through the undergrounds and encounters two rocks (demons). They mock at him and say that he will make a fine meal and grow huge. The episode ends as Hanuman faces the two huge rock demons.

I hope what I hae posted makes sense. I may not have followed the strict order of events as shown in the episode but I have tried to string them all so that it is understandable.

jagdu thumbnail
I heard that the Valmiki Ramayana versiion portray Lord Rama as a complete human being, and there are many other versions of the Ramayana such as tulsidas, in which the writers question how can Lord Rama do such great things, he has a few supernatural powers as a god.