Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

i rather have some1 plan my wedding and all i hav 2 do is show up! πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
lol true
who wouldnt want that^^

but i'd want to look the way i want to, and the rest all taken care of by othersπŸ˜†
nulz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Hi Jess .. I got married last yr n believe me its so much work .. I planned everything according to my choice .. location, all decorations, food, music etc .. it all happened thanks to my family, relatives and friends who helped me out to make it a very memorable day for me

1.  What is going to be the color of your outfit at the Wedding. Include the shoes/purse etc.

My outfit was a maroon lengha with orange border & had gold work on it with multicoloured stones. Had matching purse & shoes (both gold with stones on them)

Matching Jewelry? What kind-light jewelry, heavy jewelry/color?

I wore multicoloured matching bridal jewellery .. had 1 piece heavy neacklace, jumka type earings, lotsa bangles, 3way head bindi, haath panja, thick payal for feet and matching hair jewellery

4.  Nail polish color? or manicured nails? (white tip?)

I got my nails done - filed and shaped .. I painted them myself .. maroon nail polish with sparkling gold colour less nail polish as top coat

5.  How much mehndi are you going to put on? (only on your hands..up to your elbow..up to upper arm)

I got mendhi done on my hands (front & back) all the way to my elbow. Also on my feet (top & sides) and legs half way towards knee

Tikka on forehead? The Nose Ring thing...bindhi's above your eyebrows?

Yes I had a round fashion sticker bindi on my forehead .. no bindi above eyebrows .. had a clip on single nose ring with white & maroon stones

Airbrushed Make-up?

Nope

Are you going to get make-up done by an indian person/salon or MAC or sephora or something like that

I got my bridal hairstyling & make up done by an Indian lady .. she did my mendhi as well .. of coz I gave my suggestions and told her what I wanted.

Flower girls?

I have nieces & nephews .. they all walked in pairs (hand in hand) in front of me with garlands & throwing flower petals.

If your a sikh/punjabi...how long are you going to wear the chuda?

doesn't apply to me but I wore chuda for few weeks

Crying at the wedding?  lol funny question ^_^

yes this happened in the end

Limo or car?(for both party and wedding)

we had cars (wanted limo but it didn't work out)

13. What are you going to wear at the Reception. Color?

didn't have a reception as we had a grand wedding with a lot of ppl from both sides

14.  Take all your old clothes with you, or make your parents why everything new?

took all my good clothes & only bought some new sari's & salwaars to wear to places/functions as newly weds

15.  Stay in the same city/state or would you rather move far away?

moved far away

16.  Honeymoon?

yep .. went to a popular island beach resort for 1 week

17.  In-Laws or no In-Laws?

have nice in laws .. don't live with them at the moment coz we are in diff countries

Edited by nulz - 14 years ago
fammma thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Great topic...im planning my wedding now...hopefully getting married by the end of the year...
So i was just thinking....

What do you want to do at your wedding? Anything Special in mind?
Tell everyone everything from nail polish color to the decorations on the table at the receptionπŸ˜†
Being a girl, i for one think about this a lot. So hopefully im normal and everyone else does too!

Questions you can answer if you are stuck:
dividers.gif Rainbow Blinking Hearts Divider image by KoRn_sTaR60291

1.  What is going to be the color of your outfit at the Wedding. Include the shoes/purse etc.
Hot pink..fully embroidered, matching clutch bag, deep pink shoes,with high heels...so the height match with my fiance looks good.
The full works of thecomplete indian look...

2.  Suit or Lengha?
Lehnga, im still trying on different types to find the perfect style

3.  Matching Jewelry? What kind-light jewelry, heavy jewelry/color?
Matching ... not too heavy that I am exhausted with an aching neck, but pretty and looks beautiful

4.  Nail polish color?
or manicured nails? (white tip?)
I think nail polish(matching with the suit), coz I have natural White tips, that look like i have had a french manicure all the time!!

5.  How much mehndi are you going to put on? (only on your hands..up to your elbow..up to upper arm)

upto the elbows, front and back, i want the proper traditional look,
and slightly on the feet too

6.  Tikka on forehead? The Nose Ring thing...bindhi's above your eyebrows?

Nose ring, but a stick on or something coz i dont have a hole, and have no intentions of having one either.
I hope to have the bindi...will have to pursuade my dad though!!!

7.  Airbrushed Make-up?

Nope..natural, done myself hopefully

8.  Are you going to get make-up done by an indian person/salon or MAC or sephora or something like that
as above

9.  Flower girls?
Yep, I have a cute neice and a page boy who i want to walk infront of me together, they are only a few months apart, so they'd look good together

10.  If your a sikh/punjabi...how long are you going to wear the chuda?
sorry....im a muslim, but I love the Chuda...i may just keep my bangles on a few days!!!

11.  Crying at the wedding?  lol funny question ^_^
hopefully not, but i think i will end up doing so...

12.  Limo or car?(for both party and wedding)
car

Hopefully blue or teal or aqua...basically that type of colour

14.  Take all your old clothes with you, or make your parents why everything new?
some new, some taken....
but i'll most probably buy some myself too

15.  Stay in the same city/state or would you rather move far away?
same city......i cant go too far without them

16.  Honeymoon? πŸ˜‰
yep...ia we're off to the maldives or Goa

17.  In-Laws or no In-Laws?
currently, I aint got no inlaws with me....Yippeee
but i get on with them now, so i dont think(touch wood) there should be a  problem wither way

welll...thats all the questions i can think of right now!
feel free to talk about anything else!

Have fun! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

Jess

Im done!!
Yazzi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

I For one Want My Dulha to be Perfect First and then the Wedding, should be Magnificent something someone hasn't Saw, Unique .. I don't know how like but .. anyways

1. What is going to be the color of your outfit at the Wedding. Include the shoes/purse etc.

The Colour, err the Traditional Deep Red, with Elegantly Designed Embellishments on, Maybe in Gold, the Shoe should be Err Yeah Gold Stilletos .. Purse?? i don't think we'll be carrying a purse on our Wedding Day Lolz

2. Suit or Lengha?

Definetly a Lehenga, and you know the Bridal Outfit with Two Dupatta's one Lightly designed to Cover your head, while the other more heavy resting on your shoulders ..

3. Matching Jewelry? What kind-light jewelry, heavy jewelry/color?

err the jewellery should be Gold with Ruby Gems on it .. yeah it should Match the outfit .. and it should be a bit heavy ..

4. Nail polish color? or manicured nails? (white tip?)

If My Mehendi turns out really dark i will grow my nails and paint them Red

5. How much mehndi are you going to put on? (only on your hands..up to your elbow..up to upper arm)

Well for my Hands Up to the Elbow and ofcourse Mehendi on my Foot aswell

6. Tikka on forehead? The Nose Ring thing...bindhi's above your eyebrows?

Nose Ring Yes, Tikka Yes but not Bindi .. i don't know why i just don't like it

7. Airbrushed Make-up?

No.

8. Are you going to get make-up done by an indian person/salon or MAC or sephora or something like that

Mac Definetly ..

9. Flower girls?

Hmm Never thought of that ..

10. If your a sikh/punjabi...how long are you going to wear the chuda?

11. Crying at the wedding? lol funny question ^_^

Lolz Maybe ... but Knowing how emotional i am Yes ..

12. Limo or car?(for both party and wedding)

A black Mercedes ..

a Halter Neck Saree .. err Maybe of Gold .. No Jewellery Maybe just simple diomand bracelet and Chanderlier earrings.

14. Take all your old clothes with you, or make your parents why everything new?

Take the old and buy some more New ones ...

15. Stay in the same city/state or would you rather move far away?

I'll Want to Stay at the same City .. I hate to think of Moving so Far way from my Family ..

16. Honeymoon?

Hmm Ladhak in India ... Lovely Place

17. In-Laws or no In-Laws?

In-Laws Definetly after all you'll want to go to a family after you leave your own

Edited by iqbal-pallavi - 14 years ago
Yazzi thumbnail
*Deleted*Edited by iqbal-pallavi - 14 years ago
Yazzi thumbnail
Originally posted by: iqbal-pallavi

Oh yeah about the

decorations = i was thinking a Midnight Blue and Silver theme ... With Ofcourse White Roses my Favourite .. and the table decoration should be simple ...

Brides Maids = should be dressed in Saree's ...

food = there should be alot of choices, from Indian, to Mexican to Chinease, I don't want the guest to be complaining, Yes and Desserts ..Yumm Ice Cream Lolz

Music = Old and the Latest Bollywood Songs as Well as some Beautiful English Ones ..

Location = Hopefully Outside in the Sun at a beautiful Garden then the decorations would change completly because instead of Midnight Blue and Silver i'll have Yellow and White .... but if not outside maybe in some Victorain Mansion ..

Edited by iqbal-pallavi - 14 years ago
Jess. thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
i dont like the bindi's above the forehead either, but have seen it on TV and stuff so just included that =]