Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-Sharona-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Sharona-

Posted: 23 May 2009 at 8:29am | IP Logged
Hi everyone
My name is Sharona and my question is in india do people still care if your dark or fair?
I want to become a television actress later but i'm dark...i know there is parul chauhan and rajashree who have become actresses but they are really beautiful....what should i do to become a little more lighter

this is my pic

How do i look? please be honest

Edited by Candylover - 23 May 2009 at 8:29am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dark Skin Colour" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 23 May 2009 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
There are tons of Dark actresses...Rekha for one is really dark

and to make your skin lighter..i dont know anything that actually works
My aunt is kinda dark and she's tried everything in her 20's up till now...and she is still dark. Fair & Lovely creams dont work either

Honestly, be happy with the way you look...confidence can do a lot for an image =]

.Jiya.

IF-Sizzlerz

.Jiya.

Posted: 23 May 2009 at 7:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jess.

There are tons of Dark actresses...Rekha for one is really dark

and to make your skin lighter..i dont know anything that actually works
My aunt is kinda dark and she's tried everything in her 20's up till now...and she is still dark. Fair & Lovely creams dont work either

Honestly, be happy with the way you look...confidence can do a lot for an image =]

yeah i agree, just be confidents ;) and be happy with your appearance,

an0nymous

IF-Sizzlerz

an0nymous

Posted: 23 May 2009 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
there's not much you can do to lighten your skin.. and even if you found some method, i don't think it'd suit you that much- honestly, i think you look fine and like mentioned above^
confidence is key and can do wonders for you.
be happy wid what you are :)

Nikasha.

IF-Dazzler

Nikasha.

Posted: 23 May 2009 at 11:05pm | IP Logged
I honestly don't think skin color has to do with anything. If you can act well, and have good looks, (which you do) you'll be fine.

-Ms. Nikasha S.Smile

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 24 May 2009 at 3:36am | IP Logged
To be frank, people in India still cares about being dark or fair. I know a lot of parents who hope for fair babies.

There are a lot of dusky beauties around. Kajol. Rekha. Hema Malini. Bips. Priyanka Chopra. If they can all do well, why shouldn't you?Smile

There was a time when I felt bad about not being fair and just medium-complexiones,. There have been times when I actually wished I was darker!!

GoldenPanda.

IF-Rockerz

GoldenPanda.

Posted: 25 May 2009 at 4:27pm | IP Logged
Pursue your dream! Don't care about what's said about fair/dark! In my opinion you look very good! You have nice eyes and do remember that actresses do use a lot of makeup and by the looks of it you don't seem to wear that much makeup at all in this pic and you already look good. Smile

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 26 May 2009 at 6:25pm | IP Logged
Well I think before there was little demand in the industry for dusky stars but now you have come at the right time, because post-Sushmita, Lara, Bipasha and Rani who are all A-list stars the field is open and all have large endorsement contracts because of their beauty and talent. 

I noticed that your complexion is very clear and your hair is very nice as well.   Honestly, I agree with everyone here, a positive attitude, confidence is key. 

Best of luck to you. 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top