Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

anjali1230 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
I wonder if Kiran's son is Gaurav! If so, the drama continues .....
mamta_nayak thumbnail

Originally posted by: chikoo

Why does it happen with most of the couples shown in Astitva, do not have any good family life?
1. Simran had problems in her marraige.
2. Simran's dad had problems with his wife and later she passed away
3. Siman's younger sister had relationship prior to her marriage and she died
4. Simran's youngest sister's husband died and then married Pranaya and now no kids πŸ˜•
5. Urmila had a troubled married life
6. Dr Dalal's husband and her maid had problems
7. Mrs Radha Joshi fell in love with a marriaed man and had illegitimate daughter Neha
8. Anil Shourie is yet another addition in the list
9. Abhi had problems whoever he married with

Now this Dr Sakshi Joshi. She is also not happy in her marriage. I
wonder, if this statistics is even close to reality? Sakshiji marriied
6 years ago and she was a doctor before itself, so she must not be less
than 32 or 33 years. She does not have any kids either.

Director has added another masala couple and wants to show the problems
usually faced by girls married with NRI guy and problems faced by them.
He has already shown many social problems and recent ones include -
drugs, condoms, terrorism etc. to name a few!

All together yet another crap!

Absolutely true chickoo, there was only one couple who had a good and happy marraige- Anandi and her husband. They were so mature , understanding and had a loving relationship. But ajay sinha couldnt see them happy together, rather he must have been shocked to see the two characters happy together so had to kill one of them. Its not just astitva, his other serial hasratein was based on extra marital affair and broken marraiges.
I wonder what message he is trying to give to the society.
Kruts thumbnail
Just a clarification on Dr. Sakshi having no kids. If she got her MBBS from India and then moved to US, it would have taken her at least two years to take her USMLE (license exam) in the US - because there are two phases. After that, there is a 4 year internship requirement. Thus, if she has been married for 6-7 years, she probably has had NO time to have kids at all. As far as her relationship with Nakul is concerned, it is but natural that if he has seen her work all these years, like typical Indian males, he must have felt neglected, but held on thinking that she will be with him completely and finally. However, she joined simran's hospital. I am not defending Nakul in any way, but i am just talking from his perspective. 😊 Also if a couple doesnt have kids, it is no reflection on the quality of the marriage - a lot of high power couples decide consciously not to have kids until their careers are completely established. Just my opinion...
chikoo thumbnail
Very true Krutilynn! πŸ‘

Even I'm against Sakshi or any such couple who take unilateral decision and love to live that way! I feel husband and wife should always be together unless there's no husband-wife like relationship betweem them.

Both have to work more to get the relationship going and most often women end up doing more. This just reflects that women are much more capable than men.

Moreover, I have seen many couples working and part time studying and or full time students with a small family - spouse + kid and they are happy πŸ˜ƒ
innocentindian thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minnie

Hey I am not sure, but i do think I recall Rashmi talking about kids in one of the earliest episodes.....saying like ' bachche bhi settle hone lag gaye hain' or something to that effect. Can someone recollect anything?

I got the impression they run, or have some connection with, an orphanage....quite sure they are shown as just the 2 of them in thier family...

innocentindian thumbnail

Why does it happen with most of the couples shown in Astitva, do not have any good family life?
1. Simran had problems in her marraige.
2. Simran's dad had problems with his wife and later she passed away
3. Siman's younger sister had relationship prior to her marriage and she died
4. Simran's youngest sister's husband died and then married Pranaya and now no kids πŸ˜•
5. Urmila had a troubled married life
6. Dr Dalal's husband and her maid had problems
7. Mrs Radha Joshi fell in love with a marriaed man and had illegitimate daughter Neha
8. Anil Shourie is yet another addition in the list
9. Abhi had problems whoever he married with

Now this Dr Sakshi Joshi. She is also not happy in her marriage. I wonder, if this statistics is even close to reality? Sakshiji marriied 6 years ago and she was a doctor before itself, so she must not be less than 32 or 33 years. She does not have any kids either.

Director has added another masala couple and wants to show the problems usually faced by girls married with NRI guy and problems faced by them. He has already shown many social problems and recent ones include - drugs, condoms, terrorism etc. to name a few!

All together yet another crap!

chikoo - good post!

To answer your query (if it was one!) ....3(4?)  letters should suffice methinks...

T R P ....'sπŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†

Edited by innocentindian - 18 years ago
xyzee thumbnail

Moreover, I have seen many couples working and part time studying and or full time students with a small family - spouse + kid and they are happy πŸ˜ƒ

Very true. It just depends on what the couple really wants and whether *they* feel comfortable having a kid when they do.. I see nothing wrong in waiting for a few years and having a kid or having just one kid or having no kids for that matter:-) I find I am questioned like nobody's business (in US) when I tell people I have a six year old and people keep questioning and cross questioning as to why I don't want another, blah, blah, blah.. I find that highly vexing to say the least. I am very happy with one and happy to have experienced parenthood and I expect people to respect that choice, not advise me nineteen to the dozen:-) And surprising such questions I face are asked mostly here in US, not in India (because I guess having 1 kid is common there). I admire the courage of conviction in many people who have decided to or not to have kids for whatever reasons and follow what their heart says as opposed to what their neighbours say!:-)

A marriage certainly works if a husband and wife share each others' decision making.. As for Saakshi and Nakul, I doubt if theirs is a marriage worth its name - though we are yet to see what happens. If theirs is a marriage only in name, it will not last and what Saakshi did can only have a good ending, else the two of them will work it out and come together in the end.

Edited by xyzzee - 18 years ago
Jen02 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minnie

Hey I am not sure, but i do think I recall Rashmi talking about kids in one of the earliest episodes.....saying like ' bachche bhi settle hone lag gaye hain' or something to that effect. Can someone recollect anything?

You're right, I also think Rashmi said something like that😊 They rarely give her the chance to say a few lines about her own family lifeπŸ˜†

But I think she & Pranay are a happy couple right?

xyzee thumbnail
Hi, regarding Rashmi, I think she looks after kids in an Ashram, she does not have her own kids..I definitely think she and Pranay are a happy couple.
xyzee thumbnail

Originally posted by: chweety

in case of couples having problems in marriage,like dr.sakshi and her husband,maybe they would have decided to hold onto baby plans until their misunderstandings are solved.that's the best thing to do in such a situation because a child needs to be cared for and nurtured in a good and healthy atmosphere.if he/she sees their parents fighting day in and day out,it affects the child mentally.a troubled childhood will lead to so many other problems in the later part of life.

rashmi and pranay also might have their own plans or would've just decided not to have kids at all which is less likely,but not impossible.i've seen such couples too.they support each other,plan for a secure future and do well too.

not necessary that all couples who don't have kids have medical probs.they might just plan late or may decide not to have.

Exactly:-) That's what I wanted to say too.