Page 5 of 6

Page 1 Page 4
Page   of 6
Page 6 Page 6

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Posted: 24 May 2009 at 10:04pm | IP Logged
it's from a very long traditions of beliefs in certain region.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Believe in Superstitions!!!??? (Page 5)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 25 May 2009 at 1:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rage-Of-Angels

Red Stuff from Google.

So whats your view on that? is it just merely a coincidence? '

Believing in something conditions our mind to a particular possibility & we often C things as we b liv

How many peeps here consider something they possess to bring luck to them? for example a certain pen you may take to the exam room, certain colour you wear...black to protect you from evil etc..how many do of youz do that?

An atheist believes That God is superstitious and so are the religions we follow. Everyone believes in superstition of some sort, let it be Religious, personal or cultural..we all have something.

Xoxo

Believing in some harmless superstition is OK within limits. as long as we don't let it affect ours or anyone elses life adversely

the_Naked_face

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 25 May 2009 at 11:40am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

baz786

IF-Sizzlerz

baz786

Posted: 25 May 2009 at 11:53am | IP Logged
i personally think that some superstitions are bad and some are good.  i don't neccessary believe in all of them but i would try my best for example to avoid black cats, walking under a ladder etc.  the one i most definately disagree with is Friday the 13th being bad luck coz as a muslim juma is on a friday so fridays can never be superstitious but there are some things in islam that could be considered superstitious ie the black thread things like that would come under the category of black magic so would be considered forbidden and a gunaah

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 26 May 2009 at 5:03am | IP Logged

Originally posted by angie.4u

Red Stuff from Google.

So whats your view on that? is it just merely a coincidence? '

Believing in something conditions our mind to a particular possibility & we often C things as we b liv

How many peeps here consider something they possess to bring luck to them? for example a certain pen you may take to the exam room, certain colour you wear...black to protect you from evil etc..how many do of youz do that?

An atheist believes That God is superstitious and so are the religions we follow. Everyone believes in superstition of some sort, let it be Religious, personal or cultural..we all have something.

Xoxo

Believing in some harmless superstition is OK within limits. as long as we don't let it affect ours or anyone elses life adversely

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

Certain things are not wrong/harmful in life if it boosts one's confidence or makes them feel better about themselves..for example a can of coke. LOL

Anything that effects your life adversely requires immediate action/response/help..such as addictions including the innocent IF addiction! Embarrassed

Xoxo
Can of coke never posed a problem for me. Embarrassed I got over my 2 cups of coffee a day fairly easily Smile
but this seemingly innocent IF addiction is sure prooving to B a problem  Ouch  ! How to get over this ?Confused

Fair-n-luvly

IF-Sizzlerz

Fair-n-luvly

Posted: 26 May 2009 at 5:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Believe

Hi
Can anybody tell me from where this superstitious came? Do you believe in superstitions. If yes then to what extent. Sometime I also behave like superstitious on some situations.
There are couples of which I know:

- bad luck if black cat crosses your path
- good luck if black dog crosses your path
- something bad happen if dog cry
- good luck if you go out for new work or exam after eating curd
- bad omen if someone sneezes right before you are about to start or do something
- if your eye lid pulsates, it can be a sign of upcoming good or bad luck depending on whether it is your left or right eye.
and many-many more.....

Do you have any story/situation that proves or disproves above statements?
im superstitious esp im Scared of black cats and when my rite eye pulsatesEmbarrassed

Edited by mahikhan - 26 May 2009 at 5:59am

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Posted: 06 June 2009 at 11:10pm | IP Logged
i think the believe of superstitions depends on the society where people come from.

chan.barbie

chan.barbie

Posted: 07 June 2009 at 6:40am | IP Logged
i kinda believe superstitions...............

Post Reply New Post

Go to top