Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

premsONLYmine thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
 i'm a muslim so i dont believe in thoughs.........
Muslims believe in all kinda superstitions..black thread to keep away the nazar? is that not superstition?

Xoxo
nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
it's from a very long traditions of beliefs in certain region.
_Angie_ thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rage-Of-Angels

Red Stuff from Google.

So whats your view on that? is it just merely a coincidence? '

Believing in something conditions our mind to a particular possibility & we often C things as we b liv

How many peeps here consider something they possess to bring luck to them? for example a certain pen you may take to the exam room, certain colour you wear...black to protect you from evil etc..how many do of youz do that?

An atheist believes That God is superstitious and so are the religions we follow. Everyone believes in superstition of some sort, let it be Religious, personal or cultural..we all have something.

Xoxo

Believing in some harmless superstition is OK within limits. as long as we don't let it affect ours or anyone elses life adversely
Originally posted by: angie.4u

Believing in some harmless superstition is OK within limits. as long as we don't let it affect ours or anyone elses life adversely

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

Certain things are not wrong/harmful in life if it boosts one's confidence or makes them feel better about themselves..for example a can of coke. πŸ˜†

Anything that effects your life adversely requires immediate action/response/help..such as addictions including the innocent IF addiction! 😳

Xoxo
baz786 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
i personally think that some superstitions are bad and some are good.  i don't neccessary believe in all of them but i would try my best for example to avoid black cats, walking under a ladder etc.  the one i most definately disagree with is Friday the 13th being bad luck coz as a muslim juma is on a friday so fridays can never be superstitious but there are some things in islam that could be considered superstitious ie the black thread things like that would come under the category of black magic so would be considered forbidden and a gunaah
_Angie_ thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rage-Of-Angels

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

Certain things are not wrong/harmful in life if it boosts one's confidence or makes them feel better about themselves..for example a can of coke. πŸ˜†

Anything that effects your life adversely requires immediate action/response/help..such as addictions including the innocent IF addiction! 😳

Xoxo

Can of coke never posed a problem for me. 😳 I got over my 2 cups of coffee a day fairly easily 😊
but this seemingly innocent IF addiction is sure prooving to B a problem    ! How to get over this ?πŸ˜•
Originally posted by: Believe

Hi
Can anybody tell me from where this superstitious came? Do you believe in superstitions. If yes then to what extent. Sometime I also behave like superstitious on some situations.
There are couples of which I know:

- bad luck if black cat crosses your path
- good luck if black dog crosses your path
- something bad happen if dog cry
- good luck if you go out for new work or exam after eating curd
- bad omen if someone sneezes right before you are about to start or do something
- if your eye lid pulsates, it can be a sign of upcoming good or bad luck depending on whether it is your left or right eye.
and many-many more.....

Do you have any story/situation that proves or disproves above statements?

im superstitious esp im Scared of black cats and when my rite eye pulsates😳
Edited by mahikhan - 14 years ago
nuomi.riceball thumbnail
i think the believe of superstitions depends on the society where people come from.
chan.barbie thumbnail
i kinda believe superstitions...............