whats the point ??? - Page 3

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by FollowYourHeart

and u know wat i am thinking? that the show wld take a typical ekta mai turn wid gahna loosing her child and den dey taking gahna and sughna to some isolated place where sughna wld give birth to the child and dey all wld be like its gahna's child if that happens na nothing can save bv

nooo this wud be the height of ektamainess, if this happens then nothing wud be able to save BV from turning it to a kekta serialbut i dont think anything of this sort wud happen cuz i think they wud show another track where gehna will get a baby girl instead of a boy and maasa wud end up accusing her, some episodes earlier we were shown a hint of this........... but i seriosly hope this does not happen
Edited by sonakshi - 14 years ago
Originally posted by doyelpakhi

Veryu well said...infact I was thinking of making a post on this topic.

I think that the writers have taken some apprenticeship under Ekta mai to turn this good show into a average one with run-of-the-mill plots.

Its true that Sugna should have shown to be continue study instead of giving hints to budding romance. T But even if they want to show some romance and widow remarriage - then Sugna should be shown to take new interest in life, fall in love with Shyam and then marry him out of her wish. Infact, both Shyam and Sugna should have waited a couple of years before they get married.

In this way, they could sent a message that every woman has the right to live her life happily and being widow, specially at the age of 16, doesnt mean that one has to bear the pain of widowhood throughout the life.

Instead, they are showing Sugna's pregnancy. Teen-age pregnancy is a big issue specially in child marriage, but these issue has already been addressed through the incidents of Champa, Rani jiji of Anandi's village and Yamuna taisa.

If they want to send message about the evils of  teen-age physical relationship and teen- age pregnancy, then it could have been addressed through tales of Anandi and Jagdish after making a leap and showing Anandi and Jagdish to be around 15.16

well said! exactly my thoughts...i also think with ipl ending the writer wanted to show something dramatic to capture viewers attention. so i guess shyam's introduction was time pass.
I agree that it is a great social message for a man to marry a woman who has a child from a previous relationship. But what about Suguna? Where is the growth in her as a person?
She is shown as the eternal victim....at Bhairon's decision to marry her early, at Pratap's physical overtures, at fate turning her into a widow, and now...she is to gratefully accept Shyam's help?
A lot can be shown through Phooli, I agree...but the message has to be consistent to be received. When Suguna is shown as being married to Shyam, people's general reaction will be "bechari Suguna, thank god, bach gayi ladki."
Yes and lets not forget ppl will blame bhairon for being forward looking and not wanting to do her gauna till she reaches a certain age. so again the message wud be get girls married as soon as u can and send her to her in-laws place. then its their headache...a thought process championed by anandi's parents.