Debate Mansion

Reality Shows - Genuine Or Not?

datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 18 years ago

With the surge in the no. of reality shows...

the question arises that are these reality shows really genuine ..

does teh best or the juntas fav. always win?

or are they scripted.. or are the winners governed by the contacts they have with the show makers?

just a thougt.

waiting for ur comments .

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sana_9 thumbnail
well i think most of them r fake
Aparna_BD thumbnail
I certainly believed they are rigged to suit the producers of the show .
Angeleyes 2 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
yeah i think its fake too Edited by Angeleyes 2 - 18 years ago
TiN24 thumbnail
I think when reality shows first came on screen, they were popular and even believable. But now, since there are soooooooo many, no wait.........too many reality shows on air......its not reality anymore. Its become too fake and scripted now and no would belive its real. It all looks like acting now.
nonstopnia0101 thumbnail
Hey what's up??

From what I read in the news papers, I really dont think these reality shows are for real. I am sure if you guys have heard of Survivor but off the camera these participants were provided with food. And polls show that people in general like to see other people have fight and argue. And that's what sells The producer in advance know what's going to happen. I think it all depends on who is popular among the participants. I dont watch Indian reality shows that much but what were they thinking when they chose Qazi out of all people. I mean what guy in the world highlights his hair?? C'mon Indian public can do better than that.

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Originally posted by: nonstopnia0101

Hey what's up??

From what I read in the news papers, I really dont think these reality shows are for real. I am sure if you guys have heard of Survivor but off the camera these participants were provided with food. And polls show that people in general like to see other people have fight and argue. And that's what sells The producer in advance know what's going to happen. I think it all depends on who is popular among the participants. I dont watch Indian reality shows that much but what were they thinking when they chose Qazi out of all people. I mean what guy in the world highlights his hair?? C'mon Indian public can do better than that.

I agree with you , even Donald Trump and Martha Stewart , on Apprentice know who they are going to select as an Apprentice .There is so much pre planning . Somethings i agree must be spontaneous . But mostly producers have a certain plan . Even Amazing race , often they look at the popularity of the contestant . As in who will generate more excitement . Same was with American Idol or Fame Gurukul . Qazi fans may downright abuse me / send me rude PM's . But it's obvious that FG didnot pick up the best singer and a performer .
datspreets thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Hmmm the post abt the survivor thingy n apprentice cumes as a surprise to me.
till now i used to think ki only fg is scripted or fake.. lol 😆

Yeah to some extent they r fake in my views too
johnkidiwani thumbnail
hi guys.. well i acutally think they are partly true.. yea they do do some stupid stuff like arguments.. just so people want to watch their show.. like jealosy b/w roops and arpita.. but i do seriiously think that the voting is genuine... and there actually are fans of qazi out there.. cuz hes a very honest type person.. and that shows.. whereas all the "fake" ppl got voted out ... like shamit..and arpita.. and all.. anyways.. thats what i think...
hazelgirl thumbnail
well i think reality shows to some extent r real but then it gets crapped 😛 The selecting part of the contestants...the singing r real but once the voting starts i think there are got ups.. 😛