Indian Idol 6

About First Girl II

ShadowImbue thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 14 years ago

Sourabhee -My biggest dream is to have an album to my credit and to dance in my music video

Sourabhee Debbarma, the North-eastern singing sensation has broken the record by becoming the first female to win the title of Indian Idol. Right from the beginning of the contest, Sourabhee has been called a complete package and an ace performer, who is not just good at singing but also performs equally well.

Coming from a small town of Agartala, it wasn't easy for Saurabhee to adjust to the big city life of Mumbai. She was scared and apprehensive and but now that it's been seven months, she has finally adjusted to the city and enjoys staying there. The journey to Indian Idol wasn't all that easy for the golden girl. She had to face strong opposition from her parents, who wanted her to concentrate on her education. She often felt sad about this. But what came as the biggest surprise to her was that despite all this opposition, it was her dad who registered for her in Indian Idol. "I couldn't believe how this happened. I was amazed. I had never expected this from him," exclaims Sourabhee

About Sourabhee :

Place: Agartala

Dream: My biggest dream is to have an album to my credit and to dance in my music video."

Put-off: I get upset when I hear people talking about me behind my back

Fear: I am scared of water-I don't know how to swim

One thing I would like to change in myself: Trusting people easily

Favourite Judge: Anu Malik

Favourite music directors: Anu Malik and A R Rahman

Likes: I love singing, dancing, and masti with friends. I am very talkative

Inspiration: Sunidhi Chauhan

Favourite actress: Amrita Rao

Favourite Actor : Nawal Rai

When asked about that one Indian Idol moment that she'll never forget, Sourabhee quipped, 'there's not one moment, everything about Indian Idol was full of memorable moments'. "I'll never forget the episode in which Anu Malik complimented me for my performance," says the singer.
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fuk.youtube.com%2FIISourabhee&h=