•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 18 years ago
Fool & Final'
By Taran Adarsh, October 26, 2005 - 23:22 IST
Topnotch choreographer Ahmed Khan's directorial debut LAKEER may have missed the target at the box-office, but the child artist turned choreographer turned director is all geared up to start his second film.

Titled FOOL & FINAL, the film will be produced by Firoz A. Nadiadwala and star Sunny Deol, Suniel Shetty and Shahid Kapoor in the lead. While Bipasha Basu has been teamed opposite Sunny, a leading lady opposite Shahid and one more lead man are currently under finalization.

FOOL & FINAL also has an impressive supporting cast, which includes Jackie Shroff, Javed Jaffrey, Paresh Rawal, Om Puri, Rajpal Yadav, Vijay Raaz and Razzaq Khan.

When you hear a title like FOOL & FINAL, you assume that it's a laugh riot on the lines of David Dhawan and Anees Bazmee entertainers. "FOOL & FINAL is on the lines of M.I. 2 and SNATCH, while the humor is of the DIL CHAHTA HAI and ANDAZ APNA APNA variety. I enjoy David and Anees' films, but I cannot think like them when it comes to humor," Ahmed informs me.

To be shot in Dubai and Brazil, FOOL & FINAL will take off on January 15, 2006 with the picturization of the climax first. "I want to ensure that I have a mind-blowing climax when the enthusiasm levels of the stars and technical team are very much high," he jokes, but gets serious soon thereafter, "I don't want to go wrong this time. The start, the middle and the end should be equally spell-binding." Ahmed hopes to wrap up the shooting by June 2006.

While ace composers Vishal-Shekhar are likely to compose the music [six songs], action expert Allan Amin and A-list writers Neeraj Vora [associated with Priyadarshan] and Anurag Kashyap [associated with Mani Ratnam] have been confirmed for the project in question.

What took Ahmed so long to start his next directorial venture, after LAKEER? "Three factors! One, I had six assignments to honor as a choreographer [SALAAM | NAMASTE, MILENGE MILENGE, VAAH! LIFE HO TOH AISI, Anil Sharma's film with the Deols and Subhash Ghai's two films]. Two, I didn't want to hurry up on the script till it was complete. Three, procuring bulk dates from an extremely busy cast takes time. Now that everything has fallen into place, I am ready to go ahead with it," he tells me.

So, what's the USP of FOOL & FINAL? "It'll have great music and terrific stunts. With Shahid, Vishal-Shekhar and Ahmed Khan in a film, expect a spell-binding musical score and great choreography. And with Sunny, Allan Amin and producer Firoz A. Nadiadwala [known for stylish action fares] teaming up for the first time, expect pulse-pounding action sequences as well," Ahmed retorts.

Meanwhile, Ahmed has bagged yet another prestigious assignment [as a director], besides FOOL & FINAL. He has been signed by none other than Subhash Ghai to direct a film for Mukta Arts Ltd. Way to go!

Take Care

Anoli

xxx

Posted: 18 years ago

My pleasure!😛

Take Care

Anoli

xxx