Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

-MakhanMalaai-

IF-Stunnerz

-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 16 May 2009 at 10:49am | IP Logged
Sarvam Review
IndiaGlitz  [Saturday, May 16, 2009]

Director Vishnuvardhan seems to have mastered the art of making a trendy, sophisticated and chic film. The young film-maker often led his films do all the talking. After touching the peak in 'Billa', Vishnu is out to face the litmus test with 'Sarvam'. With his trusted lieutenant Arya by his side and the likes of cinematographer Nirav Shah and music composer Yuvan Shankar Raja around, he has come up with a movie that certainly lives up to his reputation.

Vishnu has tried a marriage between commercial and real cinema in 'Sarvam' and seems to have succeeded fairly. Though the storyline seems to be familiar, yet with his typical visual narration, he walks away with all honours. As like his other films, Vishnuvardhan has blended romance and action at right mix.

A convincing thriller is a rarity in Tamil cinema. Vishnu has taken it in his stride and rendered a movie that is convincing and makes the audience glued to their seats. What more, he has struck to his task without deviating from the storyline.

Arya and Vishnuvardhan share a good rapport as was evident in their previous film 'Arindhum Ariyamalum' and 'Pattiyal'. With 'Sarvam', the duo seems to have struck a hat-trick. Polished by Bala in 'Naan Kadavul', Arya comes across as a cool, suave architect who runs behind Trisha in the second half and goes hammer and tongs flexing his muscles to save the life of a young innocent child.

Trisha is gorgeous and as fresh as an apple. She fits the role of a medical practitioner in love with Arya. The only disappointment is that she fades away from the story very quick. Unfortunately she hogs very little space on screen.

JD Chakravarthy, who sizzled the screen in Tollywood, plays an interesting role. However the lack of conviction in narrating his character robs away the sheen from his character. Malayalam actor Indrajith makes his debut in Kollywood playing a desperate father running from pillar to post for his son.

Karthik (Arya), a cool suave architect comes across a young doctor Sandhya (Trisha) at a Kart track. He falls for her instantly. Romance blossoms.  Tragedy strikes in Karthik's life when a kite snatches Trisha's life. Desperate attempts to save Sandhya who is strangled by the thread of the kite ends in vain. However her heart gets transplanted for a young boy Imman (Rohan), son of Naushad (Indrajith).

A flashback reveals that Naushad had run over a football coach Eashwar's (JD Chakravarthy) wife. He is keen to take revenge on Naushad by plotting to kill his son. Arya develops a good rapport with the child after his ladylove's heart is transplanted to him.

Coming to know of Eashwar's motive, Karthik steps in to save the kid. What happens then forms the climax.

Vishnuvardhan deserves all credit for making it stylish from the first frame. Nirav Shah's lens does all the magic capturing thrilling moments well. He captures the various locales of Chennai, Rajasthan and forest lands well. Yuvan's brisk re-recording towards the second half is praiseworthy.

On the whole, Sarvam, produced by Ayngaran International, is a visual delight that is sure to thrill the audience.

Courtesy : Indiaglitz

The movie looks awsome.. the songs are superbb and arya looks hot.. cant wait to watch it.Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

AahaanaCarynnithyamkvMP_Radha

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Movie Review - Sarvam" in Kollywood Masala forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 16 May 2009 at 4:41pm | IP Logged

thx hun for thr updateBig smile

The most awaited summer romance have finally arrived...the chemistry between Arya-Trisha have been talked about lot...the music by Yuvan rocksCool..even though the story has nothing new to add..for some reasons it sounds like 21 gram from the second halfConfused anyway-.-i cant wait to watch it eitherBig smile

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 17 May 2009 at 6:15pm | IP Logged
I cannot wait to watch too - Arya maaannnnnnnn..... LOL

Meena.IF

IF-Dazzler

Meena.IF

Posted: 17 May 2009 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
Sorry to say this guys.. My friends who watched the movie, as not given any good comments. But for Arya and Nirav Shah themovie has nothing to do with it seems.

Yuvan though has not given th best, has given good.... The chemistry takes the first part entertaining, but the second part fials to inspire..

This was given by persons, who were awaiting the release a lot..

netra_rama

IF-Rockerz

netra_rama

Posted: 18 May 2009 at 2:36am | IP Logged
thanks for the review maa

woh arya and trisha vaa?? must watch taan Tongue

kadhambari

IF-Rockerz

kadhambari

Posted: 19 May 2009 at 1:43am | IP Logged

It was a bad experience 4 me..................i wud rate this movie 2/10..............except 4 the costumes & songs,i didnt like anything in this movie.sorry 4 my comments friendz but i cudnt stand this movie at all.0 chemistry,0 thrilling..........its a waste of time.

MP_Radha

IF-Veteran Member

MP_Radha

Posted: 19 May 2009 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the infor Pulwasha.... me too was waiting for this movie... but i read a few reviews and hmmm... not up to my expectations.... but i will def watch the movie for the songs......... yuvan did a fab job

-MakhanMalaai-

IF-Stunnerz

-MakhanMalaai-

Posted: 19 May 2009 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
same here.. i'll defo watch it too the songs are supern and i liked the chemistry from the promos  and on the top of it i like Arya so anyways i have to watch it

Post Reply New Post

Go to top