Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

missindia26

IF-Rockerz

missindia26

Posted: 19 May 2009 at 8:27am | IP Logged
@ Smriti aw your experience was very sweet I love that line from POA too
@ Lalitha lol same as me read the first one as you were gifted it, same also I didn't really like the first 5 chapters of HP1, after Diagon Alley it started getting really gripping =D

I read all the books before the movies, I also think that was better as I didn't miss out on the plot of the books

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW: becoming an HP fan... (Page 2)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Navi

IF-Rockerz

-Navi

Posted: 19 May 2009 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by missindia26

Hi everyone I saw a topic on Book talk and it made me wonder
Sorry if this topics already been posted
How did you first hear of HP? When I was in grade 2 or 3 I believe.
Were you a die-hard fan from the first instance? I thought it was cool, but as a kid I wasn't into reading such long books..and now I consider it to be like "light reading" almost.
And did you watch any of the movies before the books? Yes and no.

Personally, I didn't actually get into it until when I was in year 4, after the first 2 or 3 books were out
I had decided I didnt like them but a friend gave me the 1st one for my bday and i was hooked Tongue
After that I read them all and byt the time the 4th book came out I was on the list of fans desperately waiting Wink

Roshni.

IF-Sizzlerz

Roshni.

BollyCurry Buzzer

Posted: 23 May 2009 at 11:27pm | IP Logged
Hey this is an awesome topic!!

How did you first hear of HP? I was in My school and we had to give book reviews every week! And I usually do...and thats when I found it in my school library...I think I was in class 8!

Were you a die-hard fan from the first instance?Believe it or not, I could not keep the book down until I finished it!

And did you watch any of the movies before the books?No I read the books first! It ws great to find faults in the movie or keep noticing the scenes missing!

Since Then I have read all the books without missing anything on the first day of release standing in the long queue to get my own copy! Unless and Until I finished mine, I did not even bother to speak or eat! 

I thought I was the most craziest fan but seeing this forum....I think Iam one of the craziest fan!Wink

Edited by rosh.88 - 23 May 2009 at 11:27pm

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 30 May 2009 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rosh.88

Hey this is an awesome topic!!

How did you first hear of HP? I was in My school and we had to give book reviews every week! And I usually do...and thats when I found it in my school library...I think I was in class 8!

Were you a die-hard fan from the first instance?Believe it or not, I could not keep the book down until I finished it!

And did you watch any of the movies before the books?No I read the books first! It ws great to find faults in the movie or keep noticing the scenes missing!

Since Then I have read all the books without missing anything on the first day of release standing in the long queue to get my own copy! Unless and Until I finished mine, I did not even bother to speak or eat! 

I thought I was the most craziest fan but seeing this forum....I think Iam one of the craziest fan!Wink

Aww, cute experience!EmbarrassedStar

Adwaita

Adwaita

Posted: 30 May 2009 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
hiiii
this is a gr8 topic!!! i always wanted to share my experience of hp with other hp fans n since my friends r not that hooked by hp, i cudnt speak anything abt it when i was wid them... but now i get to tell everyone... thanks!!!!!

well, i was young n new to english books so i didn't know a thing abt hp... then i saw the 1st movie with my neighbours n either couldn't get it or hated it...(can't remember now...) then a cousin of mine- n a gr8 friend too- told me the story of the 1st book n i liked it... then i got 2nd book translated in my mothertongue n read it a hundred times... i think i became an hp fan since then...

then i saw all the four movies which were out by then n loved them like anything... but still hadn't read any books except the 2nd part...

well, later on, when the 7th book was out, a friend of my cousin emailed me the whole book n i read it n then i became a true hp-bookworm... then i read the 5th n 6th parts, then the 3rd part n then 1st n 2nd... then i understood the whole story n read all the books in order again...i know it's strange n since i read the 7th book before, nothing was shocking or surprising... but it was okay... i think it was then, after finishing all the books, that i followed harry potter on internet... on mugglenet, indiaforums n orkut hp fanclubs... i enjoyed reading fanfics there... but i would disagree with many ones n so, to put forth my imagination, i wrote a story of my own which takes place after the defeat of voldemort... a harry ginny story named IS THIS LOVE? when i finished writing it, that was the happiest moment for me as a die hard fan of hp...

i'm thankful to my cousin n that friend... bcoz of them i came to know abt hp which is a big part of my life now... n i know it'll be... forever...
harry potter has helped me a lot in my life while coping with bad situations n ppl... these books are entertainment when i am bored, my friends when i am alone, a source of wisdom when i'm confused n what not... i love these books as i love my family n my friends! no book has ever influenced me like hp... i've learnt a gud many things from harry, ron, hermione, hagrid, dumbledore n everyone else... they r very close to my heart...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top