Page 2 Page 2

missindia26

IF-Rockerz

missindia26

Posted: 16 May 2009 at 10:20am | IP Logged
Hi everyone I saw a topic on Book talk and it made me wonder
Sorry if this topics already been posted
How did you first hear of HP?
Were you a die-hard fan from the first instance?
And did you watch any of the movies before the books?

Personally, I didn't actually get into it until when I was in year 4, after the first 2 or 3 books were out
I had decided I didnt like them but a friend gave me the 1st one for my bday and i was hooked Tongue
After that I read them all and byt the time the 4th book came out I was on the list of fans desperately waiting Wink

Edited by _LalithaJanaki_ - 16 May 2009 at 1:34pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DOTW: becoming an HP fan..." in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 16 May 2009 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
Great topic missindia26! I'll come back with a long response, k'?

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 16 May 2009 at 10:24pm | IP Logged
First of all, great topicThumbs Up
How did you first hear of HP?
I first heard of it when I was in grade 9. My friend was supposed to trade me a Nancy Drew book but she gave me Philosopher's stone instead. I can say with full confidence that HP got me interested in reading, until grade 9 all I used to read was comic books and Nancy Drew. I was just TOO impatient to actually read something that didn't have illustrations.LOLThanks to HP, reading has become a fav hobby for me.
Were you a die-hard fan from the first instance?
Actually no, I read Book 1 and wasn't that impressed. But by the time I finished Prisoner of Azkaban, I became hooked to HP and to my lovely R/Hr ship.Embarrassed
And did you watch any of the movies before the books?
Yes, I watched the first movie before I even read Book 1.LOL To be honest, wasn't much of a fan, just watched it because of the hype. But only after reading the books, I truly became a fan. I couldn't wait in lines for it or attend any of the midnight parties for Book 1 to 6, but for Deathy Hallows, I waited in line until 1 am and finished the whole book by morning.LOLEmbarrassed And needless to say, LOVED IT A LOTStar

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 18 May 2009 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by missindia26

How did you first hear of HP? The hype of course!LOL I was in school when it first came out, and though I was 17 and in junior year of high school, everyone in my high school was talking about it. I was actually kind of surprised that reading had suddenly become so popular, and everywhere I turned, I saw Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone in people's hands, both teachers and classmates. My librarian suddenly had about five copies of Harry Potter and they were always on the waiting list. My friends were always eager to discuss Harry Potter with me, but I, who was not much into reading, had not read the book yet and became bored of their chatter. I couldn't wait until the popularity died down, but little did I know that it would be a long time yet, and I would be a part of the popularity soon.

Were you a die-hard fan from the first instance? Sadly, no. The hype of HP annoyed me at first, and like I said, I wasn't much into reading and all the popularity a book got confused me. Moreover, I was not much into fantasy. I was more of a mystery/real life genre person if I did read. It was exactly two years after the first HP book came out that I began the series. My friend had given me the 1st copy as a gift (she was so surprised that I hadn't read the most popular book yet), and I have this rule that though we may not like the books given to us as gifts, they should be read to honor the giver's intention. So I started the first HP book, and was a bit bored from the first three chapters, but then as the story picked up and Harry entered Hogwarts, got sorted, met fluffy, fought a mountain troll, etc, I loved the book. HP had fantasy, yes, but it was realistic fantasy, and I found myself imagining everything in HP, and when the book finally ended, I was so sad. But then I remembered that the 2nd and 3rd books had already been released, and got them at the soonest possible date. Like HP #1, I loved Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban. I felt it was torture to wait for the 4th book, so I reread each of the first three. However, the HP movies also kept me company until Goblet of Fire was released.

And did you watch any of the movies before the books? Nope. I read every single book before watching the movies. I actually enjoyed the movies more that way, because I understood what was going on and which scenes had been taken out.

ammygurl

IF-Dazzler

ammygurl

Posted: 18 May 2009 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
hmm.. i was not a fan of harry potter instantly..i hated it in the beginning...i wasnt kind of fascinated by it...
but can u imagine that dumbledore actually came in my dream one day and asked me to read HP?
crazy..isnt it?
i saw the movie first...and i was amazed...then my best frnd suggested me to read it...i was in seventh then....she was reading the then currently released...half blood prince..and i started off with philosopher's stone....:)..
and i was in love..with harry potter..and james potter...now..my best frnd and i are called james and sirius of the school...
she is sirius and i am james....i m very much like him....flirt...kind hearted..loyal...i m nt boasting but i m proud to be like him...anyway...
love-
ananya

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 18 May 2009 at 1:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ammygurl

hmm.. i was not a fan of harry potter instantly..i hated it in the beginning...i wasnt kind of fascinated by it...
but can u imagine that dumbledore actually came in my dream one day and asked me to read HP?
crazy..isnt it?
i saw the movie first...and i was amazed...then my best frnd suggested me to read it...i was in seventh then....she was reading the then currently released...half blood prince..and i started off with philosopher's stone....:)..
and i was in love..with harry potter..and james potter...now..my best frnd and i are called james and sirius of the school...
she is sirius and i am james....i m very much like him....flirt...kind hearted..loyal...i m nt boasting but i m proud to be like him...anyway...
love-
ananya

Yay, you're a fan of James!!!!!StarStarStar

FollowYourHeart

IF-Sizzlerz

FollowYourHeart

Posted: 19 May 2009 at 12:46am | IP Logged
HaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiBig smileEmbarrassed

Amazing topicBig smile but before i start wid my HP story let me introduce myself to u all..am Smriti i used ot be quite activve here at one point of itme but then got busy wid life and exams exams got over yesterdya only and u know since the last few weeks i was in hyper hp misisng syndromeee coz it had been more than five months since i read an hp book else usually there was a time wen i used to start wid PS on monday and reach till DH on sunday and then again on the next monday iw ld again start wid PS all over again it was a weekly cycleeeeeeeeeeeeee for me and the magic is that no matter how many n number of itmes i read these books eveyrtime i find somehting new i take back some new feelings some new warmth ADORE the trioooooooooooooooooooo to pieces

nnow coming to my story its kinda hillarious actly i hated HP pahle wen i hadnt read it nadi used ot think wat unnecessary hype its getting and blah wats so grt abt it its just a dumb magical story for kids i dunno why people r dis craxy for it but then i met a very dear friend here on IF we met in the Remix Forum and both of us were crazy for Ashi Yuvii ie a couple in the show Remix and their basic backgroud was similar ro Ron and Hermione kinda love u know first hate den dislike disapproval friendship den loveeee neither of dme knowing dey r falling in love wid each other neither of them even aware of their feelings yet falling for each other evey second of the day and not at all lovey doveyish typica ormancing couple types always at doggerheads always bickering fightinggg so dis frined of mine litrally forced me into reading HP and she used ron and hermione as an alluraiton she was like u love Ashi Yuvi na u wld love adore Ron and Hermione too just try it and wen i wasnt convinced u know whats he did? she typed the wholeeeeeeeee Yule ballllllllllll incedent from GOF to me on YM i mena that was the best ron hermy moments hermy loking adorableeee ron getting mad at victor for being hermy's date getting mad at hermyyyy for agreeing to be his dare and not knowing himself why the heck is he so mad it was awesomeeeeeeeeeee and it was so so similar to Ashi Yuviiiiiiiii and bus she tld me abt this once incedent and i was definatly tempted to readddddddso i went and brought PS and by the itme i reaced POA i was HOOOKED HOODWINKED STUPFIEEEEEEEEEEEEED specially in POA its my fvt book tilll dateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i dunno why i love it perhaps becoz of the last bit the Shrieking shack incedent wne ron says if u wana kill harry u wld have ot kill me before and wne Sirius says to wormtale "then u shld have died u shld have died rather than betrya ur friends coz we wld have done the same for youuu" i was bowlled over i felt so warmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm its one of the bessssssssssssssssst best friendship moments i ever ever came acrossssss and after that there was no turning back noone at alll i finished gof ootp and hbpp in a week's time and dne i was just desperatly waiting for dh i started reading hp in the may of that yr wen dh was released i guess dh released in july by the end of may iw as a die heart foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr kinda hp fan and i went to get my copy of dh five am in the morningggggg locke myself in my hsotel room for entire day and finished dh in one day itselfffffffff the best part abt my hp experiance was i didnt have ot wait for the books to relese coz i read dem wen all books were relesed except dh so u know i was reading hp continously one after the other i kinda lost otuch wid reality i lost otuch wid life and i felt as if this hwizarding world hogwarts and all this is realityyyyyyyyy den wne sirius died i was so hyperly impacted as if i lost soeone in real i reallly felt every single emotion and iwas so dammed moved ki i had to take a break from hp for few days els ei seirously wld have lost all sense of relaity forever so i took two days break and dne started wid hbp and man i didnt knew a bigger hsock awaited in the ofrm of dumby's death

geeeeeee am remembeing these days as am typing it out to u al feleing hell nostalgic am so dammed grtful to my friend hwo forced me to read hp else iw ld have been unaware of its real magiccccccccccc its a book form which i learnt a lot pseically abt friendshippppppp abt love abt belief in love abt dumbledore's philo thta love can conquer anything nd everythinggggggg no matter how vicious how malacious how evil the opponent is love sitll wld previalllllllll coz its the purest feleing ever and not just love in the form of guy and gal love in formmmmmmmm any relaitonshipppppp be it wid parents wid siblings wid ur pets wid ur teachers wid ur friends anythinggggggg and anyoneeeeeeeee u just needot Belive in Lovee and its magiiiiiiic

Smriti

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 19 May 2009 at 5:55am | IP Logged
Originally posted by FollowYourHeart

HaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiBig smileEmbarrassed

Amazing topicBig smile but before i start wid my HP story let me introduce myself to u all..am Smriti i used ot be quite activve here at one point of itme but then got busy wid life and exams exams got over yesterdya only and u know since the last few weeks i was in hyper hp misisng syndromeee coz it had been more than five months since i read an hp book else usually there was a time wen i used to start wid PS on monday and reach till DH on sunday and then again on the next monday iw ld again start wid PS all over again it was a weekly cycleeeeeeeeeeeeee for me and the magic is that no matter how many n number of itmes i read these books eveyrtime i find somehting new i take back some new feelings some new warmth ADORE the trioooooooooooooooooooo to pieces

nnow coming to my story its kinda hillarious actly i hated HP pahle wen i hadnt read it nadi used ot think wat unnecessary hype its getting and blah wats so grt abt it its just a dumb magical story for kids i dunno why people r dis craxy for it but then i met a very dear friend here on IF we met in the Remix Forum and both of us were crazy for Ashi Yuvii ie a couple in the show Remix and their basic backgroud was similar ro Ron and Hermione kinda love u know first hate den dislike disapproval friendship den loveeee neither of dme knowing dey r falling in love wid each other neither of them even aware of their feelings yet falling for each other evey second of the day and not at all lovey doveyish typica ormancing couple types always at doggerheads always bickering fightinggg so dis frined of mine litrally forced me into reading HP and she used ron and hermione as an alluraiton she was like u love Ashi Yuvi na u wld love adore Ron and Hermione too just try it and wen i wasnt convinced u know whats he did? she typed the wholeeeeeeeee Yule ballllllllllll incedent from GOF to me on YM i mena that was the best ron hermy moments hermy loking adorableeee ron getting mad at victor for being hermy's date getting mad at hermyyyy for agreeing to be his dare and not knowing himself why the heck is he so mad it was awesomeeeeeeeeeee and it was so so similar to Ashi Yuviiiiiiiii and bus she tld me abt this once incedent and i was definatly tempted to readddddddso i went and brought PS and by the itme i reaced POA i was HOOOKED HOODWINKED STUPFIEEEEEEEEEEEEED specially in POA its my fvt book tilll dateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i dunno why i love it perhaps becoz of the last bit the Shrieking shack incedent wne ron says if u wana kill harry u wld have ot kill me before and wne Sirius says to wormtale "then u shld have died u shld have died rather than betrya ur friends coz we wld have done the same for youuu" i was bowlled over i felt so warmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm its one of the bessssssssssssssssst best friendship moments i ever ever came acrossssss and after that there was no turning back noone at alll i finished gof ootp and hbpp in a week's time and dne i was just desperatly waiting for dh i started reading hp in the may of that yr wen dh was released i guess dh released in july by the end of may iw as a die heart foreverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr kinda hp fan and i went to get my copy of dh five am in the morningggggg locke myself in my hsotel room for entire day and finished dh in one day itselfffffffff the best part abt my hp experiance was i didnt have ot wait for the books to relese coz i read dem wen all books were relesed except dh so u know i was reading hp continously one after the other i kinda lost otuch wid reality i lost otuch wid life and i felt as if this hwizarding world hogwarts and all this is realityyyyyyyyy den wne sirius died i was so hyperly impacted as if i lost soeone in real i reallly felt every single emotion and iwas so dammed moved ki i had to take a break from hp for few days els ei seirously wld have lost all sense of relaity forever so i took two days break and dne started wid hbp and man i didnt knew a bigger hsock awaited in the ofrm of dumby's death

geeeeeee am remembeing these days as am typing it out to u al feleing hell nostalgic am so dammed grtful to my friend hwo forced me to read hp else iw ld have been unaware of its real magiccccccccccc its a book form which i learnt a lot pseically abt friendshippppppp abt love abt belief in love abt dumbledore's philo thta love can conquer anything nd everythinggggggg no matter how vicious how malacious how evil the opponent is love sitll wld previalllllllll coz its the purest feleing ever and not just love in the form of guy and gal love in formmmmmmmm any relaitonshipppppp be it wid parents wid siblings wid ur pets wid ur teachers wid ur friends anythinggggggg and anyoneeeeeeeee u just needot Belive in Lovee and its magiiiiiiic

Smriti

Oh woooooooooooooooooooooooooow! Your story was soooooooooo touching Smriti! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!StarStarStar What a sweet story! I nearly cried when I read about your experience reading about Sirius's death and Dumbledore's! Oh wow! Thank you!!!!!!!!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top