Book Talk

First Experiences...

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

LabRat34

LabRat34

Posted: 16 May 2009 at 6:20am | IP Logged
I hope this topic's not been opened before but I was just wondering what the first book everyone had read on their own without the aid of a teacherLOL, VOLUNTARILY and how they had chanced upon it. What was your first experience and when did you falling in love with reading and books?

I think mine was when I was between 8 and 10 the details are hazy but I remember finding a slim hardback copy of A Christmas Carol in some old boxes of junk we had and I dont know if I was just bored or why the book appealed to me. But I lay on the bed and read the book from cover to cover and when I finished, I had this deep satisfied feeling and that was it...I was hooked...the librarian was my best friend from then onLOL

How'd you get started?Big smile

Edited by LabRat34 - 16 May 2009 at 6:30am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "First Experiences..." in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 16 May 2009 at 5:45pm | IP Logged
I wish I remember... Ever since I remember, I have been reading and can't remember which was the first volunteer one...

-Mahi

-Ami-

IF-Stunnerz

-Ami-

Posted: 16 May 2009 at 8:09pm | IP Logged

Ehh, I don't really remember the book. But I do remember that it started around like 6th grade. Thats all i can remember upto..Tongue

-Precious

IF-Dazzler

-Precious

Posted: 16 May 2009 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
reading had become so old an habit i can't remember when i fist started i do know that i started with "the famous five" and "the secret seven" then gradually went on to "nancy drew" my teachers then advised that i should read shakeapeare to improve my english.....i didn't though instead i read harry potter series and then fear streat etc...so on and then i heard of twilight on i-f

ammygurl

IF-Dazzler

ammygurl

Posted: 19 May 2009 at 1:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Mystery-

I wish I remember... Ever since I remember, I have been reading and can't remember which was the first volunteer one...

-Mahi

same here...mahi...even i cant remember...i have always read without the teacher's help..
i guess my first was tom sawyer and then i immediately switched to harry potter...which was a big mistake...coz i was only in fifth at that time....and well...there were many words i was clueless about..now when i read them..its like...omg..they r soo simple....
but then..in fifth..harry potter was over the top for me...
but i have been reading a lot before harry potter...i was into archie comics forever it seems....and i m like betty cooper in a lot ways...Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top