Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cloudz thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
that's a terrible view

that just because a man and woman spend time together they will get attracted to each other

and even if niranjan was attracted to gehna - to say that there's a chance she would have an affair with him is such a horrible thought
does that mean women just aren't to be trusted?!?
gullicricket thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: cloudz

that's a terrible view

that just because a man and woman spend time together they will get attracted to each other

and even if niranjan was attracted to gehna - to say that there's a chance she would have an affair with him is such a horrible thought
does that mean women just aren't to be trusted?!?

Gehna and Niranjan brought it on themselves with the looks they were giving each other. Wasn't their attraction too obvious? I thought it was a bit wrong on the writer's part to put in such a scene so early on in their relationship. Why were they so mesmerized looking at each other like they had never seen another boy or girl before? It was not a look of surprise about gehna's age nor a look of fear about the fire. And if the viewers can see that surely Dadisa can. Only a person like maybe Sumitra cannot .😊
bose541486 thumbnail

Well,my view can be termed as terrible view, but thats truth😆....people can behave like one-eyed doe,😉 but still the fact remains same......😃

itz nt abt spending time 2gether bt the way they were making it obvious and also nt 2 frget that gehna is also a young grl who had dreamz of charming and young life-partner, which was suppressed😭 bcoz of her forced marriage.

And about trust, itz nt abt men or women, both can be trusted but being practical and realistic alwayz includes being ready fr any kind of situation😃...which daadisa showed. I never approove her behaviour alwayz but this time she was correct.👏
lavy thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
No. Maasa is definitely not correct. WTH people....Gehna is old enough and is adult to make her own calls. Why are we so sure it would have ended up in EMA? She is an adult and she should be treated like one. Maasa treats human beings like dirt and there are people who support her views here.....I dont think women in India will be in a better position even 50 yrs from now if we believe in such things.

Anandi is a kid. Theres no freaking need for her to be in sasural and listening to crap from old hags like dadisa. This is her age to have fun, speak her mind. Maturity COMES with age. Her age is right now not to be matured and yes she will speak up when someones shouting at her cos shes young enough not to understand the GREAT Indian culture and its rules that Indian women should ZIP their mouths all the time.

Reg Phooli and what hpnd to Suguna after that, All those who believe its phooli's fault can apply for positions of Maasa's DILs. Am sure she will be delighted to have you in her fold.

Luvchoc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Another instance which proved maasa right…remember what Maasa had said after Badi Maasi and Bhairav rejoiced on finally ending the long rivalry between their family and that of Madan Singh's??? Maasa had told them that she doesn't think that it is over…"Madan Singh will never change?" and then few episodes back it was shown that Madan Singh was instigating the villagers to raise their voice against Maasa and her family and stop Sugna from going to school…and the rest is history…

Well…like you all, I too hate Maasa and her ways…but can't help it…the serial unfolds in such a way that Maasa get to say 'I told you so' many times…which is quite irritating…and about the Phooli thing…I don't blame Phooli for anything…I know she is innocent and has been through a lot due to her ill fate…I was just trying to say that Maasa got a chance to prove herself right again...

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
i guess why maasa is proved right in the show time and again is not because she is actually right but to leave open enough scope for conflict. for instance now if suguna gets pregnant then maasa will be proved right once again in wanting suguna having an early gauna like anandi. but in reality the reason for suguna's pregnancy is that suguna at the back of her mind felt she had got the licence to romance with pratap thanks to being married to which happened at a very young age. if she hadnt had a child marriage...would have had the benefit of education she might have been more careful.
now why do they want conflict? cuz the serial runs on primarily maasa's conflicts with other members of the family. if she became like say jiji then the show wouldnt have anything to carry it forward. and another thing is maasa's character also symbolically represents the backward thinking in the indian society which has held back the country. hence she as a character has a problem with EVERY damn thing starting from sumitra standing quietly for 2 secs.

NO WAY! maasa is way too backward.. she doesnt understand that even though anandi is her daughter in law she is at the end of the day, a child and has normal childish and childlike desires which are simple,human and very easy to fulfill

she expects a 8-10 year old innocent,fun loving child to behave like a married woman which is totally unreasonable!!! maasa expects the entire household to not only listen to her but to kill their innate desires,wishes and style of living and obey each and every thing that she says which is not only unreasonable but goes against the basic code of freedom that each person wishes to practise and the other people in her household are no differet\nt

she is a horribly domineering,extremely backward old lady who clings to all the wrong old wold traditions and thinks she is ALWAYS right.. when she is many a time totally wrong
ambodidi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
A thread like this makes me think Balika Vadhu is failing in its aim to promote reasonable humanitarian behaviour in Indian society and help end repressive practices like child marriage.😔
How can someone who routinely uses emotional and physical abuse against people in her family be seen as correct? This is nothing short of domestic violence, and in most western countries, is punishable by  jail.
Dadi saa says "dekh lo, aa gaya naya zamana", but Suguna would probably not have got pregnant had she not been married to Pratap in the first place at such an early age, and any 'modern' girl would have known she was 4 or 5 months pregnant.
I agree that she is what she is because of her surroundings, but it doesn't excuse her behaviour.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: ambodidi

A thread like this makes me think Balika Vadhu is failing in its aim to promote reasonable humanitarian behaviour in Indian society and help end repressive practices like child marriage.😔
How can someone who routinely uses emotional and physical abuse against people in her family be seen as correct? This is nothing short of domestic violence, and in most western countries, is punishable by  jail.
Dadi saa says "dekh lo, aa gaya naya zamana", but Suguna would probably not have got pregnant had she not been married to Pratap in the first place at such an early age, and any 'modern' girl would have known she was 4 or 5 months pregnant.
I agree that she is what she is because of her surroundings, but it doesn't excuse her behaviour.

yup exactly my point...and now again i kinda feel all these months and we are back square one.

i dun blame maasa, she is born and brought up in a different environment, and is part of a very social background, and since her childhood she has seen all this and has learnt all this hence she doesn't find any problem wid anything, and i also buy her niranjan point, and her being upset at sugna is also to an extent justified, but that does not mean she is right always, most of the time she over-reacts and creates probs for her family