Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-Adhoore-

IF-Rockerz

-Adhoore-

Posted: 12 May 2009 at 6:51pm | IP Logged

"Ranbir Kapoor is a very big star" - Konkona Sen Sharma Click here to add this article to My Clips

By Subhash K. Jha, May 12, 2009 - 10:21 IST

Konkona Sen Sharma Konkona wonders how people are going to react to her pairing with Ranbir Kapoor in Wake Up, Sid.

"I'm getting to know Ranbir a bit only now after shooting for so many months. He's warm and sweet but we both keep in our own space. He's a very big star. And also a good actor. But most impressive is the fact that he knows everything about cinema, and not just acting. In front of him, I feel like a novice. Ranbir knows about camera angles and all. In fact they even took his suggestions on camera angles. People want to see how we look together. We come from different genres of cinema."

Konkona says she has no aptitude for the technical side. "I'm an actor, and quite comfortable in that role. I don't think I've any plans of directing a film."

She's all praise for her other co-star Farhan Akhtar too. "I've known him for a while. It's hard to say Luck By Chance is his third film as an actor. He's a natural."

Tabu was supposed to do Konkona's role in Luck By Chance, just like Konkona was supposed to be the lead instead of Tabu in Mira Nair's The Namesake. Is this her way of getting even? "You're investing too much power into the actors. I had heard Tabu was to do Luck By Chance. Even Page 3 was offered to other people. I was just happy to get both. Luck By Chance is such an intricately written script. The film has a lot of soul."

Although she doesn't like talking about it, her new home done up by Pavitra Rajaram occupies much of her creative space these days. More so since she was down with a viral attack which kept her confined to home. "I got this viral flu on the sets of Ayaan Mukherjee's Wake Up Sid. We were shooting in a closed air-conditioned set. And when one person got the fever, so did everyone else. We had to take a few days off. But I'm fine now. It's basically a coming-of-age story between me and Ranbir. No point in shooting when we're not there. When you're feeling sick you look sick on camera."

Early December in 2008 Konkona moved into her new house. "I was dying to move in. It's just fifteen minutes away from where I stayed earlier. It's much more spacious and far more organized. Funny as it may sound, in my head I am still living in cottages and bastis. Even my earlier place just had stuff cluttered all over. Now I was like bowled over because I've a real dining table."

i hope it is not posted

source: bollywoodhungama.com

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic ""Ranbir Kapoor is a very big star"" in Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mz.gigglez

IF-Dazzler

mz.gigglez

Posted: 12 May 2009 at 6:55pm | IP Logged

Ranbir is yet to impress me with his acting. Hes no star for me.

shala-deepz

IF-Rockerz

shala-deepz

Posted: 12 May 2009 at 7:15pm | IP Logged
lol...........that is sweet of koko!!!
I think ranbu is OK!!!not a "big" star...............

fizzles

IF-Dazzler

fizzles

Posted: 12 May 2009 at 7:19pm | IP Logged
Konkona Sen has eaten waaaayyyy too much humble pie!! ANyway, glad she was in Luck by chance. Although Tabu is a wonderful actress, I think Konkona suited the character very well.

pksanam

IF-Rockerz

pksanam

Posted: 12 May 2009 at 7:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by fizzles

Konkona Sen has eaten waaaayyyy too much humble pie!! ANyway, glad she was in Luck by chance. Although Tabu is a wonderful actress, I think Konkona suited the character very well.

well said..!!  she always has good words to say about everyone..!  this girl sure makes me like her a lot.. 

well, she got part of it right.. ranbir is is a big star "kid"..!  Wink

Ms.GoodMorning

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 12 May 2009 at 11:24pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

sakura_

IF-Dazzler

sakura_

Posted: 12 May 2009 at 11:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ms.GoodMorning

^^ Exactly. :P

She's all praise for her other co-star Farhan Akhtar too. "I've known him for a while. It's hard to say Luck By Chance is his third film as an actor. He's a natural."

Awie. Yes, he definitely is a natural. My hubby rocks! Embarrassed
Shocked I cant believe what I read at times Shocked
Hubby chor

Ms.GoodMorning

IF-Stunnerz

Posted: 12 May 2009 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top