Is black olive good for health?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
hi guys how are you?
I am new in this section and my name is Deepal
i love black olives but my mom doesn't allow me to eat much. she thinks it's not good for woman's health so i just want to ask you that is it true?

Welcome to the forum, Deepal.

Coming to,whether Black olives are not good for a woman's health:
There are no scientifically proven facts supporting the above said claim.
You should answer these questions first: Do you eat canned olives ?
Do you often eat olives stored in brine (salt water) or in the form of pickles?
If you're eating any of them in 'excess' then its bad because all the above contain MSGs (mono sodium glutamate) which is a food additive and a flavor enhancer. Over-consumption of this leads to hyper-tension,dizziness.
Even sodium taken in high amounts has a number of side effects.
Olives cannot be consumed as it is, it has to be fermented and black olives are a result of an olive ripening and originally not found in that color.
Canned olives have different chemicals that make an olive 'black' artificially so canned olives are not recommended always.
But there are no known 'women' related ailments in olive.
Hope this helps.
Originally posted by ananyacool

Welcome to the forum, Deepal.

Coming to,whether Black olives are not good for a woman's health:
There are no scientifically proven facts supporting the above said claim.
You should answer these questions first: Do you eat canned olives ?
Do you often eat olives stored in brine (salt water) or in the form of pickles?
If you're eating any of them in 'excess' then its bad because all the above contain MSGs (mono sodium glutamate) which is a food additive and a flavor enhancer. Over-consumption of this leads to hyper-tension,dizziness.
Even sodium taken in high amounts has a number of side effects.
Olives cannot be consumed as it is, it has to be fermented and black olives are a result of an olive ripening and originally not found in that color.
Canned olives have different chemicals that make an olive 'black' artificially so canned olives are not recommended always.
But there are no known 'women' related ailments in olive.
Hope this helps.

thank you so much for replying me
ya i do eat them everyday like one can of black olive and now i think i m addicted to them like i have to have them and if i don't eat it i feel so weird but now i m not gonna eat them

I eat black olives too .. Not lots .. Normally once a week or so .. I take them in salads and sandwiches .. Thanks for the info .. I'll keep that in mind

I think black olives are good for health