Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 09 May 2009 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

arabian_love-Sarah--aditi-trina_saras

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "OOTW: Halal KFC!" in Food, Drinks & Recipes forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 09 May 2009 at 12:25pm | IP Logged
I'm pretty sure it's halal.
They have no reason to lie about it esp. cos it's only gonna be available in a few franches and probably more asian populated areas like bradford, some in manch/bham, somee london areas etc.
Most people I know who are muslim don't really care about whether HMC has declared it or not, they will eat it as long as they know it is halal. They do not bother researching it and what not to make sure it is really Halal and im pretty sure most British Asians do this too.

This is just a judgement from my local area though. Cos a huge majority is halal anyway cos they would lose business if it weren't.

Cute_Tulip

IF-Veteran Member

General Discussions

Posted: 09 May 2009 at 12:36pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 09 May 2009 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
Well, there are a few Halal KFCs in the US as well, I think, and I think there is no reason why they would lie.

As said above, their company's reputation is at stake and it would go down the drain if they are caught.  Why would such a big corporation take such a huge risk? They would be at risk of getting sued if they are caught and maybe at the verge of closure.

I don't think they would lie about it.  And people have better things to do than lie about this small thing.  I think people sometimes are overly judgmental and they have to doubt everything.  If you don't believe it, then fine don't go and eat food from Halal KFC but if others believe them, then it's fine for them. I  think it's the matter of personal opinion.

Personally, I think the little more sales they will have due to Halal food would not be worth the risk of lying about it.  I am sure the head of KFC would know that, and it's not like Halal food is more expensive than regular meat.

-Mahi

LabRat34

LabRat34

Posted: 11 May 2009 at 4:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by anon

However, its the minority that go over the top and start boycotting it like this Facebook group and the thing i copied/pasted. It gets on my nerves....they doubt everything!

Great topic btw!

OMG...I saw that too...like WTH...it's strange because alot of people eat at Nando's if they think it's halal even without checking the certificate to confirm it. Why the uproar against these McD's and KFC?

Everyone's pretty much said what I thought too...but anyway...in areas densely populated by the asian community...it should pretty much be a hit. I always have friends craving for KFC after they return from Pakistan or The UAE...LOL

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 11 May 2009 at 8:24pm | IP Logged
I think its a cool idea.   Its not unlike Kosher food really.  They are trying to reach a new segment of the population and if you dont like it, well dont eat it.  

aishwaria

IF-Dazzler

aishwaria

Posted: 11 May 2009 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
There is no harm in the food being halal. Halal just means to recite bismillah before slaughtering the chicken and the animal's throat has to be cut by a knife very gently at a certain place as it would cause minimum pain to the animal. There are a few animals which are not permitted, they are also not halal.

I hope i clarified what halal actually is and now if u read the table again u will understand why ppl are against KFCs being certified by HFA.

Vinzy

IF-Stunnerz

Vinzy

Posted: 11 May 2009 at 10:46pm | IP Logged
Every food is halal...when you pray n thank to god before eat!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top