QH_DDEJ_Fan

IF-Stunnerz

QH_DDEJ_Fan

Crazy Creative Baby

Posted: 08 May 2009 at 4:36am | IP Logged

Top 10 reasons to hydrate yourself

Monday, May 14, 2007
Top 10 reasons to hydrate yourself
Other than oxygen, water is the most vital substance that our bodies need to function correctly. As our bodies are made of approximately 70 percent water, it's important to hydrate yourself before, during and after exercise. We explain the top 10 reasons to stay hydrated:

1. Water affects our bodies function

Water helps our bodies to function, and it assists in the absorption of vital nutrients, digestion, excretion and maintaining normal body temperature. Without proper hydration of our bodies, the body cannot function normally.

2. Water recommendations

The Nutrient Reference Values for Australia and New Zealand; recommend at least two litres of fluid everyday. If you don't drink enough water your ability to exercise will be compromised. It's important to keep in mind that you need to drink more fluid during exercise and during hot weather.

3. Retrieves your thirst

You may not feel thirsty or have the urge to drink water, but be careful that your body hasn't adjusted to a state of dehydration. Thirst is slow to develop, so hydrate your body on a daily basis and aim for the recommended intake of water per day. Remember by the time you are thirsty you're already dehydrated.

4. Water is a natural resource

Water is a natural resource and readily available everywhere so why not take advantage of it!

5. A coffee a day, keeps hydration away

Most people treat themselves to a morning coffee, but did you know for every one cup of coffee you drink, you have to make sure you have enough water to re-hydrate yourself after your morning coffee.

6. Water is good for health

Water is excellent for the body and good for your health. It helps to flush out waste and other unwanted nasties from your body.

7. You don't need to worry about the kilojoules!

Water is the perfect drink of choice you don't even have to count the kilojoules as water is kilojoule free!

8. Improve the quality of your skin

Dehydration is one of the most common causes of tired and dry skin. Water carries nutrients throughout the body while flushing out toxins. By drinking the recommended six to eight glasses of water per day (around two litres) this will replenish fluids to keep you hydrated, and also works as a moisturiser to help improve the appearance and texture of your skin.

9. Put back what you take out

Dehydration is a common problem, particularly with people who exercise regularly. Our bodies already lose fluid through sweat, urine, and breathing, so it's important not only to drink the recommended six to eight glasses per day (around two litres), but to also put back into your body the fluid lost through exercise.

10. Protect your body from the elements

Hot or humid weather or heated air conditioning can cause your skin to lose its moisture even during winter time, so it's important to stay hydrated in the cooler months as well as the warmer months. Take in additional fluids to replenish the moisture lost.

Source Link: http://mapmyfitness.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=269891

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

akshat1Aarohi..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Top 10 reasons to hydrate yourself?" in Health & Fitness forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

fammma

Goldie

fammma

Posted: 12 May 2009 at 9:02am | IP Logged

thank you...very true

should atleast drink 8-10 glasses a day!!

~devi~

Goldie

~devi~

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 16 May 2009 at 7:31pm | IP Logged
thanks....so true.
i do hydrate myself often...since i lovee water so muchEmbarrassedLOL
I was reallly happy to read about the coffee part!!EmbarrassedEmbarrassedLOL
but it is very very good for you...as they say, when hungry--drink water!!WinkLOL
and thanks for sharing=)

Edited by ~devi~ - 16 May 2009 at 7:32pm

nida_1990

Goldie

nida_1990

Posted: 17 May 2009 at 3:07pm | IP Logged

thnx...i already drink 8-10 glasses atleast...i once heard priyanka saying she drinks 3 litres a day!!!

NaughtySon

NaughtySon

Posted: 03 June 2009 at 12:22am | IP Logged

Water hydrates your skin cells and thus keeps you better-looking.

Water removes the dryness in your mouth and removes bad-breath.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top