Advice Corner

Advice: Those Small Gestures Matter in Life!!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 03 May 2009 at 6:12pm | IP Logged
Hello to all the Awesome IFians out there! Hug

Well, I'm back with a new Advice...

Those Small Gestures Matter in Life!!

Who says it's only the biggest and most important things that matter in life? Who doesn't value the importance of a smile? a hug? a pat on the shoulder? a thank you after a favor?

All of us get so buy in life that we wait for a special day or event to say what's in our heart.  We wait and wait and life goes on until we realize one day all the things we should've said, but failed to.

Don't let that happen to you.  Do and say everything that you've had 'time' to do and say till today.  Life's always busy, a project today, so then another assignment tomorrow.  Don't wait, life's short, life's precious.

Those small gestures in life are important.  They make you happy and they make you realize that people are caring. 

Next time, some one drops his or her books, stop by to help him or her pick it up.  You might get 30 seconds late to wherever you were going, but your kindness will go a long way.

Next time, let someone join you in the long cafeteria line even if you don't know him/her.  That thank you will please you too.

Next time, go sit on the table where someone is sitting alone.  Introduce yourself and see if he/she is worried/tensed about something.  Your small gesture might bring about a good mood.

Next time, when you're getting a plate, get one for others around you as well.

Next time, when you see a familiar face, say 'Hi' even if you don't remember who he/she actually is.  Don't hide your face or pretend you're looking somewhere else.

Next time, after the dinner, say Thank You to your Mom.  Acknowledge her hard work.  Tell her you love her.  You don't need a special reason to say that.

Next time, you see your friend tell him/her that your life wouldn't have been the same without him/her.

Next time, you see your siblings, hug them and tell them that in spite of all the fights, you love them very much.

Life is short, friends, don't just let it go while you're meeting deadlines.  Take a few minutes out because those small gestures DO really matter in life!!!

Love,

Mahi

Edited by -Mystery- - 03 May 2009 at 6:18pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

Monika__29..Cinderella...guju_angelAshTara-Preciousk-ekta fan-Yaz-Arushi.komalashGirl_2007AmbrosiaCatwoman*Dakoo_Minzy*

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Advice: Those Small Gestures Matter in Life!!" in Advice Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Girl_2007

IF-Rockerz

Girl_2007

Posted: 04 May 2009 at 9:17am | IP Logged
agreed!

arwax

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 04 May 2009 at 4:23pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

bhavi20_s

IF-Rockerz

bhavi20_s

Posted: 04 May 2009 at 5:28pm | IP Logged
that's absolutely correct. thank youBig smile

nulz

nulz

Posted: 04 May 2009 at 7:14pm | IP Logged

Hi Mahi .. Clap thnx for this 'advice' post .. we all need to hear these sorts of advice from others once in a while .. I agree to every word u have written .. will be forwarding this to my friends Thumbs Up

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 04 May 2009 at 7:18pm | IP Logged
Awww thanks, guys! I'm glad you like the 'advice.'Hug

-Mahi

aish_punk

IF-Sizzlerz

aish_punk

Posted: 05 May 2009 at 1:07am | IP Logged
I agree..life should be enjoyed..but it's not alwyz possible..!

We shud respect d small things..but we cant 4get our problems..!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 05 May 2009 at 7:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by aish_punk

I agree..life should be enjoyed..but it's not alwyz possible..!

We shud respect d small things..but we cant 4get our problems..!

Of course not, forgetting the problems is not going to take care of them.

My whole point is that most of us are so engrossed in problems and life in general that we forget that those  small things do matter in life.

-Mahi

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Ambrosia

Post Reply New Post

Go to top