Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by Dr.KaranSG

I agree it's a dancing show.....but this again heads into dangerous waters...bcoz I think he is a decent dancer and of course you don't.....so as I have always said......exercise democracy.....everyone should vote for whoever they like.....If dancing has to be the sole yard stick of success then the format needs to be changed because realistically it's not possible to have celebrities on the show and not have popularity factor in....

I will give you an example....my cousin is a big soccer fan.....he doesn't even understand hindi......he found out Baichung is the captain of the football team.....called up my aunty and told her to vote for BB....mind you he has never seen BB dance.....just bcoz of sports....so it's real hard to be balanced in a show where celebrities and famous personalities are concerned.....as Alias and I have discussed in detail.....you wanna watch real dancing....then watch America's Best Dance Crew and So you think you can dance....

And sorry I gotta stand up for my man.....I think Karan might not be the best dancer in Jhalak.....but he ain't the worst! Sure there will be differnce of opinion here....so we should leave it at that!

He is a decent dancer but I dont think good enough to stick around in the top 3.

Yeah like if I could be able to vote then I would vote for Gauhar and HK as they are my two favs in this dancing show. I like Karan too but I wouldnt vote for him as I look at dancing rather than people (it is a dancing show). If karan is a good dancer then I would definitly support him and vote for him if i wud get the chance to.

Yes it is a celebrity dancing show and that is what makes it fun. I would rather watch a celebrity dancing show rather than some unknown couples dancing.

I am not angry at karan, I mean its not his fault that he is getting so many votes. Like he got the body and he does a romantic show etc etc etc. He is popular cause of his looks and like his "adaa" So gurls go "ga ga" over him rather than his dancing and that is pretty unfair as it is a dancing show.
 I am unhappy with the people as they are the ones who are mesmorized and are hiding the truth in shadows. If the people would actually even try to think about this situation a little, then they will overcome realization on a greater note. It is a dancing show and the people should vote for the best dancer that they like not their fav actor.

You dont need to apologize for standing up for someone๐Ÿ˜›
He doesnt measure up compared to most of the contestants.
Edited by n0sh - 14 years ago

Thanks at least we agree that him being popular is not his fault.....I believe if all of us on this forum...take a step back and try to understand each others perspective all of us will find some common ground....just like we did...๐Ÿ˜Š

I believe Karan and Baichung have never said that they are good dancers....I know Karan has said in an interview that all the girls are better dancer than him.....and he is trying to learn the ropes of dancing....I can respect the fact that you don't find him a good dancer......all of can't think alike....differences are good....makes an oppurtunity for healthy debate...

About the ZNDK forum incident.....I would assume the age factor might have caused them to act that way.... I wouldnt pay attention to that....the thing is on this forum.....everything gets out of control and people just say things to be heard and retaliate.....they might not have any points in their arguments....but just for the sake of being heard and noticed.....they say things that are completely irrelevant and offensive.....I mean seriously I was so mad....when they called Karan Pappu.....that's just not done......you know and some people just went on and on with it......such immaturity
Calling him Pappu is lame.....I wudnt do such thing.
Anyhoo, Did U watch DANCE INDIA DANCE today?? saw how disappointed TERENCE was with the VOTING??? See a true ARTIST knows the AHEMIYAT of TALENT......I Have nothing else to SAY.....It is DISAPPOINTING

As for KARAN's today performance--- Nicole worked really hard on it and they have improved but again he wasnt dancing a kit and he is not graceful- he moves like a STUNT MAN- just thumping his legs and stretching his ARMS--- WELL, I do AGREE that HE did perform well....but again, they were jumping all over the place and not DANCING.

Judges gave him FULL MARKS....when they didnt- KSG FANS called THEM (judges) biased now HIS FANS are trying to MAKE A STATEMENT based on JUDGES mark?? Anyhow, Judges were impressed by his improvement. And I am as well....He deserves to stay....I would be disappointed if Bhaichung is not in bottom 2.
Edited by alias - 14 years ago
@ Alias....I have been busy with finals so I have not been watching tv....I do not follow Dance India Dance so I wouldn't know much about the show...but i believe is something like So you think you can dance right?
I believe that's where you find true dancing.....shows like Jhalak and Nach Baliye is all about stars and personalities....so voting is gonna be based on that.....you know now on this forum.....they have started calling Karan's dance as Monkey dance....I tried to reason with someone and they got all pissey and started one more topic bashing Karan....lol

I tell you some people......I just don't know how to deal with ideocracy? Please help me....I think I am losing it...lol

About some Karan fans and hipocracy with judges....I agree with you on that one.....
Originally posted by n0sh

He is a decent dancer but I dont think good enough to stick around in the top 3.

Yeah like if I could be able to vote then I would vote for Gauhar and HK as they are my two favs in this dancing show. I like Karan too but I wouldnt vote for him as I look at dancing rather than people (it is a dancing show). If karan is a good dancer then I would definitly support him and vote for him if i wud get the chance to.

Yes it is a celebrity dancing show and that is what makes it fun. I would rather watch a celebrity dancing show rather than some unknown couples dancing.

I am not angry at karan, I mean its not his fault that he is getting so many votes. Like he got the body and he does a romantic show etc etc etc. He is popular cause of his looks and like his "adaa" So gurls go "ga ga" over him rather than his dancing and that is pretty unfair as it is a dancing show.
 I am unhappy with the people as they are the ones who are mesmorized and are hiding the truth in shadows. If the people would actually even try to think about this situation a little, then they will overcome realization on a greater note. It is a dancing show and the people should vote for the best dancer that they like not their fav actor.

You dont need to apologize for standing up for someone๐Ÿ˜›
He doesnt measure up compared to most of the contestants.

I respect your opinion.....we can peacefully agree to disagree on this one lol....I think he is doing a decent job.......to at least get to the semifinals...I agree people should vote on dancing skills.....but as I said earlier it is not possible to do so when celebrities are contestants...that infatuation some how factors in....that's the honest truth....I mean you put SRK and Salman in a show for singing.....SRK fans will vote for SRK and Salman fans will vote for Salman...irrespective of their singing abilities.....thats the law of the land!
Originally posted by sakshiluvskaran

loved your post first of all then secondly see people bashed him on his popularity more than his dance and then they say its a celeb show they call them celebrities not participants that means popularity voting will some or other way come and see liking a performace is very subjective and u cant expect the whole world to think the same way. everyone is entitled to their own opinions and therefore differences exist..........i am supporting karan coz i found a zing in his performance. i saw judges being really unfair at times and see parul and karan are the sole contestants not getting a thirty. see last saturday they passed sarcastic comments derogatory and vitriolic to some extent. u know they could be euphemistic but u know heck to emotions, heck to public they continued with it. i was furious that how cud they be so demeaning the show is a version of DANCING WITH STARS then digging at somebody's popularity. i agree with u totally topic maker and yes i will always stand by my man. 

Thanks.....for understanding what I meant.

I do not get all this hoopla.....it is called JDJ - Dancing with the Stars.......not dancing with the dancers......Karan is exactly that......a starโญ๏ธ....he is a non dancer....he never claimed to be a dancer....also stars have fan following....hence they are stars in their own right!!!! Additionally, it's a voting based show.....helloooooo......the bigger star with bigger fan following will win.....that's the format....choereographers paired with stars....and result is based on voting.....when everything is clear from the format of the show....then why hate a star and his popularity.

And if popularity is such a thorn in JDJ.....then change the show and name it
JDJ - Dancing with non popular Stars.....then nobody will give a rat's ๐Ÿคฌ and there will be no votes.

So let me get this straight.....first sign a Star for thier popularity as they bring in viewership and higher TRP's and then hate then for the very same.....for being popular! Excellent!

They r not dancers, they are getting the choregraphers for this reason, but it's a dance based show, I didn't see the judges giving marks, for how much the person having good body, or in term of acting, they r giving it for the dancing..........
All know it's a dance based show, even when the nomination for it in the awards show, they nominate it in the dance show category.........

@ Alias....I have been busy with finals so I have not been watching tv....I do not follow Dance India Dance so I wouldn't know much about the show...but i believe is something like So you think you can dance right?
I believe that's where you find true dancing.....shows like Jhalak and Nach Baliye is all about stars and personalities....so voting is gonna be based on that.....you know now on this forum.....they have started calling Karan's dance as Monkey dance....I tried to reason with someone and they got all pissey and started one more topic bashing Karan....lol

I tell you some people......I just don't know how to deal with ideocracy? Please help me....I think I am losing it...lol

About some Karan fans and hipocracy with judges....I agree with you on that one.....
Well, If JHALAK AND NACH BALIYE is all about STARs THEN why give importance to DANCE at all? If they are meant to WIN on the BASIS of their POPULARITY then why choreographer and spend so much TIME and ALL the effort?  What are the OTHER contestant doing?? FIGHTING a losing BATTLE?
It's a DANCING show FOREMOST and the FIRST PRIORITY should be GIVEN to DANCE.

I just dont understand the MEDIOCRITY of thoughts. NEPOTISM foremost.
Arey if this SHOW is based upon POpularity and popularity votes then GAUHAR, HARD KAUR and BHAICHUNG should just WALK OUT. There shouldn't even be competition. LET KARAN win on the basis of his VOTE and his POPULARITY. coz that's what happening.....
yes, DANCING can take a BACK seat. Because He will still get VOTES even he just stands there and give a mediocre performance. Right, it's a POPULARITY show and do HELL with DANCE....

How PATHETIC is that?

As for those who call him Monkey or whatever......those either dont know how to make arguments or are frustrated with the voting. I think they hate Karan not because the person he is but because the way his fans are behaving....They support him BLINDLY.

One apparent example was from Zara Nach Ke Dikha- like I mentioned earlier...If you cant even support your own womanhood and cant see what is RIGHT just because you have a FLING for a GUY... Then what a SHAME!!!
Edited by alias - 14 years ago
Dr.KaranSG: I think even I'm losing it now. ๐Ÿ˜† I feel like dealing with juvenile bunch here. I dont know if it's their age or freaking morons. Why are they getting so defensive and on DENIAL every freaking time?
You seem to be the ONLY sensible fan here.

I really want to know the age group of KSG fans. That way I'd know who I'm dealing with. They can't tell a difference between BASHING and CRITIQUING. They sure can't tell a difference between BEING RUDE and BEING UPFRONT. It's just SILLY.

Originally posted by alias

Well, If JHALAK AND NACH BALIYE is all about STARs THEN why give importance to DANCE at all? If they are meant to WIN on the BASIS of their POPULARITY then why choreographer and spend so much TIME and ALL the effort?  What are the OTHER contestant doing?? FIGHTING a losing BATTLE?
It's a DANCING show FOREMOST and the FIRST PRIORITY should be GIVEN to DANCE.

I just dont understand the MEDIOCRITY of thoughts. NEPOTISM foremost.
Arey if this SHOW is based upon POpularity and popularity votes then GAUHAR, HARD KAUR and BHAICHUNG should just WALK OUT. There shouldn't even be competition. LET KARAN win on the basis of his VOTE and his POPULARITY. coz that's what happening.....
yes, DANCING can take a BACK seat. Because He will still get VOTES even he just stands there and give a mediocre performance. Right, it's a POPULARITY show and do HELL with DANCE....

How PATHETIC is that?

As for those who call him Monkey or whatever......those either dont know how to make arguments or are frustrated with the voting. I think they hate Karan not because the person he is but because the way his fans are behaving....They support him BLINDLY.

One apparent example was from Zara Nach Ke Dikha- like I mentioned earlier...If you cant even support your own womanhood and cant see what is RIGHT just because you have a FLING for a GUY... Then what a SHAME!!!

๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘

Very well said............

Nach Baliye is a much better dancing show! Each season the deserving pair won which was amazing!

Do not even COMPARE!! That show had popular faces but best dancing won!!

Like GHT were so popular but they did not win NB2!

In NB3 Aamir-Sanjeeda won too because they were the best but if Rakhi-Abhishiek won, it would not have done any harm since they deserved the place equally!

Same goes for NB4, Shaleen-Daljeet won since they deserved it but it would be no harm if the other pair who i forgot the name won since they were equally good!

In last two, both contestants will be neck to neck! No one is less then the other! Equal!

So do not even compare!