Chat Clubs

**Incognito Critics** # 38 ~ INVITE ONLY ! (Page 149)

Post Reply New Post

Page 149 of 150

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 03 May 2009 at 3:22am | IP Logged
Rox - There is talent in JDJ, but there are two factors which prove why JDJ needs drama and DID doesn't -

1) DID has real dancers - JDJ stars can never come close to the dancers in DID. I watched a few epis and I can say that confidently. Their dance speaks for them, they don't need a controversy surrounding them at every step to attract attention. Whereas in JDJ, most of the contestants are non-dancers, so they need something apart from dance to attract audience attention - which is drama.

2) Contestants in JDJ are TV stars, not the same case with DID - when a person watches a show like 'Dancing with the stars', then there an unconcious expectation within that person that he/she will be entertained - either by the dance or the drama. Besides, a succesful 'Drama act' is not possible in DID because the contestants are not stars, what controversy can surround them ? No one even knew about them before they were shown in DID.

So the point is that wherever 'stars' are involved, some drama is bound to happen.

Edited by -Neetz- - 03 May 2009 at 3:23am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "**Incognito Critics** # 38 ~ INVITE ONLY ! (Page 149)" in Chat Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 03 May 2009 at 3:25am | IP Logged
OMG The siggies look great ! HAHAHAHAHAHA !
ROFLROFL

I don't watch DID regularly, just occassionally :)

U-No-Poo

IF-Sizzlerz

U-No-Poo

Posted: 03 May 2009 at 3:27am | IP Logged
Yeah, SRK is damn hilarious & witty ! I love how he's so confident on-screen =)

roxthefox

IF-Sizzlerz

roxthefox

Posted: 03 May 2009 at 3:30am | IP Logged
Simi, my first reaction to reading K-Jo trying to remake Stepmom was: Not Another Cancer movie! Stepmom is about this lawyer dude who gets divorced, and the film depicts the bitterness between his former wife, and his new girlfriend. Basically, the ex wife is a full-time mother and housewife, and has two children, while the girlfriend has a successful career. The whole film centers around resentment of the new girlfriend, who is labelled as the 'other woman' and the wife uses her children as a weapon in her battle. The wife develops cancer and realizes that the girlfriend will be playing a permanent role in the children's lives, and gradually accepts her, and they all live happily ever after. Yawn.

God, the entire film was like a giant soap opera!  I wonder what scriptwriters would do without terminal illness to rely on as a plot device (enter our talentless hack, Karan Johar). There were several times where I had to yell out loud in pain from the sheer corniness of it, and I was watching it by myself. It is a COLOSSAL waste of time.

And now we have to watch K-Jo remake this crap, fantastic! Not only will we have sentimental cancer scenes, but we'll now have 'Aaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaa' playing in the background, and somewhere in between, Kajol will make a speech in front of the gora doctors, who will then begin singing 'Saarey Jahan Se Acha'.

RiyaK09

IF-Sizzlerz

RiyaK09

Posted: 03 May 2009 at 3:31am | IP Logged

RiyaK09

IF-Sizzlerz

RiyaK09

Posted: 03 May 2009 at 3:32am | IP Logged
Roxy, my friend, Karan Johar is not directing the movie. Siddharth Malhotra from DMG is.

roxthefox

IF-Sizzlerz

roxthefox

Posted: 03 May 2009 at 3:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by -simi-

omg i sitll have to catch sat's DID.... i heard a lot about jai's dance LOL

i love the pappis he's getting from the masters!!! i was laughing SOOO hard when remo told him to do something next week to get a kiss from terence too, and he was liek 'IM NOT INTERESTED' ROFL

and the way he danced on salman's song and climbed up the walll it was HILARIOUS!!!!!!  and when mithun was like 'all the girls prob fainted' and jai's like 'call me after the show' ROFL oh this guy is too cute!!!!

i loveee when the anchors actually pull everyone together so well and he does that perfectly!

Jai is doing an absolutely fantastic job as the anchor. I loved his imitation of Salman's performance, because he went totally Bollywood. I love this guy, and I consider myself to be a Jai babe. You simply must watch his performance to Mardaala. I'm actually working on avatars right now.. too cute! I really don't want this show to end. It's seldom that we find a show full of so much talent, laugh and masti, without the need to employe ridiculous gimmicks or drama.

-simi-

IF-Sizzlerz

-simi-

Posted: 03 May 2009 at 3:34am | IP Logged
omg the movie sounds so lame!!! totally reminds me of kal ho na ho...
lmfao yea lots of 'aaaaaaa aaaaas' and cries cries cries, and not to forget, kajol's seeti LOL i absolute loved that saare jahan se acha scene in k3g ROFL

oh god.. so dont tell me kareena will be the 'other woman' blah blah, kajol will have kids and who will be the man? srk?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top