Debate Mansion

Swine Flu: Reality or a Media Scare (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 3 Page 5

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 01 May 2009 at 4:50pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by karandel_2008

Some people are calling it a proof of evolution.

In any case it is also the survival of the fittest for virus and bacteria. They keep evolving to life conditions at the cost of others.

But see, we can't even properly apply the theory of survival of the fittest in a biological sense, in this case, more so because none of us have immunity against this new strain of the virus. So we're all in the same boat. If its transmitted, then you will be affected, because your immune system will not be able to help you. I guess you could so that one's personal health will play a role in how your body develops a coping mechanism to fight the virus, but as of now, they don't even have a proper treatment option. I believe they're relying on TamaFlu, aren't they?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Swine Flu: Reality or a Media Scare (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 01 May 2009 at 5:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by karandel_2008

Some people are calling it a proof of evolution.

In any case it is also the survival of the fittest for virus and bacteria. They keep evolving to life conditions at the cost of others.

But see, we can't even properly apply the theory of survival of the fittest in a biological sense, in this case, more so because none of us have immunity against this new strain of the virus. So we're all in the same boat. If its transmitted, then you will be affected, because your immune system will not be able to help you. I guess you could so that one's personal health will play a role in how your body develops a coping mechanism to fight the virus, but as of now, they don't even have a proper treatment option. I believe they're relying on TamaFlu, aren't they?

Actually, I meant the survival of virus and bacteria life forms.

We are producing so may medicines and our immune system is constantly evolving, but bacteria and virus life forms are  also constantly evolving to survive. Thus, there are always some new and mutated strains to trouble us.

Edited by karandel_2008 - 01 May 2009 at 5:46pm

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 01 May 2009 at 9:06pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 01 May 2009 at 9:23pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by *Woh Ajnabee*

Originally posted by return_to_hades

More later, but I'm sick of this swine flu business. Americans just like to run like chickens with their heads cut off.

I agree, media is creating an unnecessary hype. But death tolls are increasing, and no sign of a vaccine in the near future. What do you think? Closing down over 300 schools in the US reasonable? 

Bring it flu, bring it on. Unlike other nancies who live in a bubble, I happen to live in the real world. All the health jazz that Americans are neurotic over mean jack to me.

If I had not planned a summer trip already, I would be taking advantage of the mass hysteria heading to Cancun.

I also do not believe in flu shots. I refuse to take one and make my immune system run on crutches. A virus runs its course. Take the usual chicken soup and plenty of vitamin C. Tylenol etc. if necessary. If your body fights it good. If not you deserve to die.

Edited by return_to_hades - 01 May 2009 at 9:25pm

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 01 May 2009 at 9:30pm | IP Logged

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 01 May 2009 at 9:33pm | IP Logged

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 01 May 2009 at 9:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

No one "deserves" die except for some crooks I knowLOL
Cry

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 01 May 2009 at 9:41pm | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top