Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 29 April 2009 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
Hey all you lovely folks,

As I'm sure everyone around the world has heard, we have these cases of Swine Flu around the world, namely in Mexico. Until yesterday, some cases were found around the US (approx. 20, I believe), but they were all said to be minor cases. On the other hand, we have somewhere around a hundred deaths in Mexico, all displaying symptoms of the swine flu. Today, however, the first death in the US of a young, Mexican toddler by the swine flu was found in Houston, TX. The toddler was brought into the US on April 4th (I believe) and traveled from Mexico to Brownsville to Houston. If the flu is easily transmissible, then germs must have spread. Well, all I can say is, being a Houstonian, I am slightly worried.

Want to bring about a number of different tangents on this issue, the writing may get long, but please bare with me. Do share your thoughts on each issue listed below.

1- What is this new swine flu? And why is medicine unable to fight it off? Well, developing studies are finding this new strain of influenza to be a combination of the avian, human, and swine flu. It is believed that the avian and human influenza were transmitted to pigs somewhere who most likely were already affected by the swine flu, resulting in a new viral, with the combination of all three types of influenza. Deadly? I think so. The reason that this rare disease is occurring, is because the combination of the three influenza were transmitted back to humans, due to intimate contact. Scientists have predicted that in the coming years there is expected to be an epidemic that will kill millions across the world - the question now is, is the swine flu it?

2- I'm sorry, I should be referring to the swine flu as the North America flu, due to the fact that Jewish Orthodox do not want the discussion of "swines" among believers. Because Mexico very kindly refused to take responsibility for the origin of the swine flu, claiming in their defense that for all they know it could have come from the US, the Europeans have named it the North American Flu.  What's up with religion and politics in science? Good, bad, is the separation of the two practical?

3- On April 16th, Obama went to Mexico and was welcomed by Felipe Solis in Mexico's anthropology museum. The first case of swine flu was on April 13th in Mexico. During Obama's trip, Felipe Solis gave Obama a tour of the museum. The next day, Felipe Solis passed away in a sudden death, showing signs of flu-like symptoms. Mexico is claiming that he did not have the swine flu, and various articles suggest his death occurring from pneumonia or cardiac issues. Time to hit the panic button now? (White House officials have made a public announcement that the President is healthy and doing well)

4- And the final question is whether the media is simply throwing things out of proportion and making a bigger issue out of things with other self-interests other than for the good cause of common well-being. Should 20-30 patients showing symptoms and one death in a population of 300 million lead to a public health emergency? Should a few hundred cases in a world population of 6-7 billion people lead to the question of an worldwide epidemic on the way?

Various articles are available online, outlining various aspects of this issue, I have read several, but do not have the patience to go find them. If you would like an article regarding any of the issues listed above, feel free to ask, I'll surely find one for you.

Share your thoughts!

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Swine Flu: Reality or a Media Scare" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 29 April 2009 at 5:35pm | IP Logged
More later, but I'm sick of this swine flu business. Americans just like to run like chickens with their heads cut off.

karandel_2008

IF-Rockerz

karandel_2008

Posted: 29 April 2009 at 6:42pm | IP Logged
Some people are calling it a proof of evolution.

In any case it is also the survival of the fittest for virus and bacteria. They keep evolving to life conditions at the cost of others.

the_Naked_face

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 29 April 2009 at 6:53pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

jettythegod

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 30 April 2009 at 6:25am | IP Logged

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 30 April 2009 at 2:58pm | IP Logged

sonur15

IF-Rockerz

sonur15

Posted: 30 April 2009 at 8:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rage-Of-Angels

Originally posted by return_to_hades

More later, but I'm sick of this swine flu business. Americans just like to run like chickens with their heads cut off.

ROFL 

This video is really funny!!!! LOLLOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJuNgBkloFE

Xoxo
ROFL...video is awesome ClapROFL

*Woh Ajnabee*

IF-Sizzlerz

*Woh Ajnabee*

Posted: 01 May 2009 at 4:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I agree, media is creating an unnecessary hype. But death tolls are increasing, and no sign of a vaccine in the near future. What do you think? Closing down over 300 schools in the US reasonable? 

Post Reply New Post

Go to top