Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

spln thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
i know there were a handful of names you threw into that... i havent seen them all... but yeh... enough to get the basic idea i reckon... and ... i've read the fountainhead.... somewhere... that was the base of your definitons... at least for the major chunk of the part yeh... in fact.... ive read all three of rand's works...and i think sookie, i know exactly where you come from... its what ive called the Rand effect.... so... erm... not very strangely, but coincidentally, yes, a dear friend of mine, one ive known from when i was three... him and i have this thing to sit and disect books we've read... more like the author.. his thinking... his ... well the line of reasoning i guess id call it... rand was more than once our topic... we keep coming to a conclusion that we are on an agreement about what we think she thinks and then again we disagree.... lolzzz... complicated i know.. thats why we cnamed it in unison the rand effect...its like when you read one of her works in a short enough time tohave the right impact... for quite a while, strangely.... you find yourself with or without your willful consent acting on those lines... she does that i believe... convinces you to her thinking... you agree to much and still disagree not on the principles of righteousness perhaps... but... some grounds ... well. grounds like...i think you might emjoy this tiny talk we oncehad... after reading atlas shrugged.. im guessing you've read that too... the eternal question of who is john galt...so the topic started when my friend stumbled upon this link which said WHY is john galt... it was a phenomenal contradiction to some absolute stands rand makes... ill be honest ... galt wasnt my guy i more than agreed with this altered question :D.... its strange then.. why i would agree with so much she says when i read it... when i disagree with the existence of her absolutely ideal guy :D... anyways... yeh... rand in a way always triggers a talk for me.. and reminds me of my friend and our chats.. she wasnt our fav... but she makes a very distinct mark... and i see where the idea of a 'right' relationship comes into picture... yeh i think i do... :) and yes... this in contrast to your chap 2 from the frost series makes me think... alot of your thoughts often contradict... not that the two ideas are a contradiction necessarily... but.. in general.... its my idea...and yeh... this is fairly lengthy now... i should quit...

needless to say, loved the story...and yes... those typical chats... i think they are in some way a defining essence to my life...

:) ... in some revelation,

nj

ps: have you read the first of rand's work... we the living??? just curious...
aravi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
sookieee.... well thats all i have to say but then this very next moment i wanna tell u more n things that i felt , i lived n i dunno wat not srsly gurl u r one amazingly talented writer a creator of such a beautiful words of emotions , feelings, thoughts  more importantly relationships along with this present parallel world n am genuinely sory for nt commenting on every wonderful masterpiece of urss hun itz just my broken arm n a lot more complications ..... n the PM's not at all bugging not even in the least i love reading ur work n then contemplating for hrs n drawing certain conclusions then bugging the world for it shucks am gng insane i know still u make me question so amny things which i dunt do so often !!!!!! well cuming back to the story aahaa another one frm u ...delightful n classic to teh core the simple chrs n the complexities arnd them i loved it in simple palin words to have the precise needed impact!!!!!!!  

lotsa love n care
Rv
aarora thumbnail
hey amazing story..luvd it..
thanx fr PM..
268143 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

aww dat was awesum 👏 👏 

SuhanaSafar thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Reopened at the request of the author.
-Aria- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Thank you Suhana for re-opening the thread...

And Sookie too :)

Reserved for my reply

Edit.

This was another surprise. It's tempting to ask what prompted her to develop such ideas on love? Which leads to another question, is it fair on him to an extent...that what if she never figures it out?

A

Edited by olive_green - 14 years ago