Saydie thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hey Guys,
Gopi Dadi is a great character however in the current track I am not liking her as much. We all understand that she missed out on her marriage and that she came with Dadi in her dahej and till this day Dadi is so upset about this. Gopi Dadi is hurt, upset and mostly angry at the fact that she will never experience what marriage is like, what it means to be a mother, a wife, a DIL..etc..Like Choti Ma said in the previous epsiode, during Dadis time gopi dadi could not get married because that was the tradition. But the times have changed now. I feel she is being really selfish and mean, we all understand her hurt but just because she didnt have her chance doesnt mean she has the right to decide it for Dhaniya..The whole family wants her marriage but Gopi Dadi is against it because no one cared for her. She should understand that maybe Dhaniya should have the chance that she once always wanted..what do you guys think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Janki75 thumbnail
Sort of like when our Mother in law's were married and they had mean mother in laws. but now when it there turn instead of being understanding, they decide to be just as evil?
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
her thinking is very old fashioned..from the very beginning...when Naitik came to see aksh for the first time, she said "it's good girls don't watch movies..it's according to reeti rivaj" ...I don't think she'll decide anything wrong for Dhaniya...She rightly said that it's better Dhaniya goes with Akshara than marrying a guy whoz double her age and has 2 kids ! but when Rajshri & Sunaina told her that we'll find a suitable match for Dhaniya , and it's upto us to get her married, Gopi dadi was convinced...i'm sure she'll be happy if Dhaniya settles down with someone ..she's not being mean or evil or selfish...
Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Janki75

Sort of like when our Mother in law's were married and they had mean mother in laws. but now when it there turn instead of being understanding, they decide to be just as evil?

well said, this is so true
Saydie thumbnail
I agree, perhaps i was just looking at it from a different perspective...I am looking forward to dhaniya and bhola getting hitched
sadhna1 thumbnail
Originally posted by Janki75

well said, this is so true

I agree with you tottaly!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well my MIL did not had MIL when she was married She enjoyed her life now she making my life hell here.
DiscoDhokla thumbnail
Originally posted by: Saydie

I agree, perhaps i was just looking at it from a different perspective...I am looking forward to dhaniya and bhola getting hitched

bhola will handle the situation...
kgh212121 thumbnail
she's not being mean or anything. her situation is entirely understandable. she's only human with human emotions. it's difficult for her to understand how an exception is being made when in her time it wasn't. just a simple explanation that times have changes isn't sufficient. can you imagine if that kind of answer was given to you? and you knew that your whole life had gone to waste or that your dream couldn't come true because people were just being stubborn, close-narrow minded, and ignorant? i would be angry. but it is hard to come to terms with truth. so in this case, it is difficult for Gopi dadi to even understand. poor soul. imagine the real women who have gone through this in india.
DiscoDhokla thumbnail
Originally posted by: kgh212121

she's not being mean or anything. her situation is entirely understandable. she's only human with human emotions. it's difficult for her to understand how an exception is being made when in her time it wasn't. just a simple explanation that times have changes isn't sufficient. can you imagine if that kind of answer was given to you? and you knew that your whole life had gone to waste or that your dream couldn't come true because people were just being stubborn, close-narrow minded, and ignorant? i would be angry. but it is hard to come to terms with truth. so in this case, it is difficult for Gopi dadi to even understand. poor soul. imagine the real women who have gone through this in india.

yeah so true...
Saydie thumbnail
yeah i agree with you but then again like the example with the MIL..my MIL was tortured a lot in her sasural but because of that she realized she doesnt want that for me and thank god she treats me really nicely. so its the same with gopi dadi, she was torutred in a way but its her time to make it right..i agree on all parts...i think she just needs time to let it all in and im sure she will look out for dhaniyas best interest.