Uttaran

India-Forums

no sympathy for Iccha (Page 2)

jia_v IF-Dazzler
jia_v
jia_v

Posted: 12 May 2009 at 12:06pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by gullicricket

This is one series where im just unable to connect with the main character Iccha. The makers are trying in every way to make us feel sorry for her but I don't. She is living in a good house, does no work, goes to school, plays with the best of toys.. there are so many kids in her situation who don't even get this much.. eg. her old school friends, her basti friends. From the first episode where she throws the birthday cake her friends get for her, then when she expects Tapasya to shop for her in the mall, the whole school track.

I feel a little sympathy for Damini but now after the whole bhashan that she gave jogi thakur she has forgotten everything and is living with her husband's murderer like its a no big deal. She is raising her daughter on his wealth not on what she is earning. Whats the use of crying in an episode or two.

The only person I feel sorry for in Uttaran is Tapasya. Her mother never tried to play with her or keep her occupied. A servant is literally bringing her up. Her best friend is an undereducated girl. And the jealousy she has started feeling is totally justified. I want to watch this serial but it just gets more and more annoying.

well i agree with all of your points and you are absolutly right and the the line that i have marked red is what i was try to undertsand since icha has moved in tabus house..but i never understood.
i am just not feeling any pity for icha lol i was thinking alot she has been put down by tabu but still i was thinking that it is tabu we should be sorry for becuz she is ignored by everyone and she is right to be jealous

gullicricket Senior Member
gullicricket
gullicricket

Posted: 12 May 2009 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
Thanks for agreeing with me. The makers of the show shud go and learn what'uttran' means. There are poor people who do not have a decent house to stay, maids who take home leftover food, old clothes, toys and are very grateful for that. My mother teaches poor kids for free and I ve seen a lot of parents who are trying very hard to make ends meet. They talk about their troubles, ask for old stuff that we have incl basic needs like soap and toothpaste. The makers shud stick to the storyline about a poor girl living a simple life make a success out of her life but shud stop with the sympathy drama for Iccha for trivial things. Tapasya is totally justified in not inviting Iccha to her party..Iccha is not her sister inspite of her family members dumping her on Tappu. She is just a friend and everyone has a right to make or break their friendship. It was a little sad but accept it and move on..don't get dressed up and stand upstairs so that people can c u. Just the kind of  friend who gets too clingy and hard to get rid off. 

As for Damini any mother would like to give her daughter a life of luxury but then the mother loses a little credit. Stop with the sob story of the mother-daughter duo and just show them getting ahead in life. NOT feeling sorry for them at all. 

Edited by gullicricket - 12 May 2009 at 3:32pm
kumariprema Newbie
kumariprema
kumariprema

Posted: 13 May 2009 at 5:10am | IP Logged
bahut zyaada rona dhona ho raha hai jab bade ho jayenge toh phir toh torturous ho jayega :-(
payalgarg Senior Member
payalgarg
payalgarg

Posted: 02 June 2009 at 4:37am | IP Logged

i have gone thru all of the above posts and felt most of users(especially the very first one)feel that money can buy everything in life.they feel that iccha shud bear everything just bcoz she is being provided a luxurious life.They also feel that Jogi Thakur obliged Damini and Ichha by doing all this.My question is(sorry to be straightforward)what is the price of your father's life?come on,tell me.dont be shy.

Iccha's father wanted to do everything for her(as shown in the show)even with his small earning to give her a dignified life.i have seen a taxi driver raising his son as a pilot.then why cant a poor father dream of a good life for his daughter.why do we calculate feelings and emotions with a calculator?

Iccha's father died in an accident.when Jogi Thakur came to know that Damini and Iccha are family members of the same person he had an accident with and also that they have suffered just bcoz of his brother in law he decides to repent for it by compensating ichha's loss by giving her father's love(can that be compensated with money my dear friends?)and a fruitful future.is that exxagerating?is it not fair to give a chance to the guilty to curb his mistake rather than hating him your whole life?woudnt u have expected a chance if u had been at jogi thakur's place?

As for damini being a maid,dont u feel damini is at this position bcoz of Jogi's mistake?dont u feel she was happy housewife when her husband was alive?every person is a king in his own kingdom,so was damini.we call them poor according to our money calculations.but the truth is that they too lead a happy family life with their own pocket.

Tapasya,who once loved calling ichha as her best friend suddenly starts hating her.jealousy is ok.it happens to kids of that age when they feel somebody else is getting all the love and attention but i feel hating her to the extent of leaving her alone in a jungle without any reason so that she never comes back  is simply untolerable.her parents are not guilty.ichha has newly come into the house and its quite obvious that she will get attention for some days and i dont feel tapasya is ignored at all.if she feels like that then this thought shud be pulled out of the kid's mind as a permanent solution rather going opting for temporary solutions like listening to her and not giving attention to iccha.as we say a kid's mind is a plain paper.whatever we write on it wiill last forever

many of the users may not agree with me bcoz they either live in an artificial world or are self centered or they believe money can buy everything in life.Uttaran from the very beggining is truly justified.But the agony after reading these posts is that though it was started as an eye opener for the society it has failed to teach the lesson of humanity to us properly.

Edited by payalgarg - 02 June 2009 at 4:42am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rgattu

gullicricket
gullicricket

Posted: 02 June 2009 at 6:29am | IP Logged
hey payal I agree totally that no person can replace ur father or no money can buy u that luv.. but I still feel that a person in Damini's position shud have taken monetary compensation and asked for a job in one of Jogi's factories.. and raise her daughter on her own.. that is when her caracter wud have shone and Ichha wud ve got my kudos. In this situation Damini has chosen to take the easier way out, she has chosen to live in a haveli and chosen to give her daughter the luxuries Tappu has, she has chosen to be a maid and live a life of dependancy on that family. Im not surprised that Tappu-Iccha friendship is ruined.. its because Iccha is living off her family now.. no wonder Tappu feels superior.. and has no respect for Iccha . Jogi can repent for his mistake all his life by supporting Damini but Tappu is not a party to his crime so why shud she be forced to accept ichha as her little sis.. Now everytime the mother-daughter duo cries its not sad but irritating coz they have chosen this way of life so suck it up now. Their story doesn't touch my heart now, I don't care if iccha studies, becomes successful or washes dishes in that haveli all her life. Its sad coz I used to like the show a lot.. but like they say its not drama if its logical.
payalgarg Senior Member
payalgarg
payalgarg

Posted: 02 June 2009 at 10:09am | IP Logged

icchha and damini are not there to get your or mine kudos.they are there to bring a change.being on jogi thakur's place how do u think he would have given father's love to iccha by differentiating in the ways he brings up his own daughter and somebody else's daughter and by keeping iccha away from him.as for damini she has helped jogi thakur in repenting his mistake.she was not ready for this.it was the husband wife duo who convinced her.as for tapasya,i dont remember if anybody from the right begginning has ever addressed iccha has her sis except tapasya.she was the first one to address her as her sis on her first day to school.then gradually iccha became her sister like buddy and at the end her maid's daughter.do u find it right to address someone like this according to your own convienience and then also insult her?till date iccha is not forced on her ever.tapasya is indeed on the wrong track and is developing a negative personality.tell me 1 thing.icccha lost her father because of jogi.tapasya will not share jogi.where will iccha go and why shud she be a fatherless child?

the moral of the show is  to change the way we look at our housemates.they are also humans like us.when they work for us we pay them.then from where do we get the extra advantage of treating them as animals and untouchables?

as  u are same person who posted the first scrap,i dont think i will be ever able to convince you.still think about it

Edited by payalgarg - 02 June 2009 at 10:16am

rgattu

payalgarg Senior Member
payalgarg
payalgarg

Posted: 02 June 2009 at 10:15am | IP Logged
one more thing  this show is trying to bring a change in the mindset of people in the society.if u cant flourish it plsss dont hamper it.it is not all about you and me  liking the show.if u say "I don't care if iccha studies, becomes successful or washes dishes in that haveli all her life" u dont even have a right to post something on this blog and i hope somebody speaks these statements for you too someday. 

Edited by payalgarg - 02 June 2009 at 10:21am

rgattu

gullicricket
gullicricket

Posted: 02 June 2009 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
hey payal chill man.. im entitled to my opinion.. its a discussion forum don't get personal.. I hope u realise these are characters in a show.. take whatever social msgs u want out of it don't force it on others.. what silly people !!!Dead

Edited by gullicricket - 02 June 2009 at 1:01pm

Go to top