Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 5

Page 1
Page   of 5
Page 2 Page 5

gullicricket

gullicricket

Posted: 28 April 2009 at 5:00pm | IP Logged

This is one series where im just unable to connect with the main character Iccha. The makers are trying in every way to make us feel sorry for her but I don't. She is living in a good house, does no work, goes to school, plays with the best of toys.. there are so many kids in her situation who don't even get this much.. eg. her old school friends, her basti friends. From the first episode where she throws the birthday cake her friends get for her, then when she expects Tapasya to shop for her in the mall, the whole school track.

I feel a little sympathy for Damini but now after the whole bhashan that she gave jogi thakur she has forgotten everything and is living with her husband's murderer like its a no big deal. She is raising her daughter on his wealth not on what she is earning. Whats the use of crying in an episode or two.

The only person I feel sorry for in Uttaran is Tapasya. Her mother never tried to play with her or keep her occupied. A servant is literally bringing her up. Her best friend is an undereducated girl. And the jealousy she has started feeling is totally justified. I want to watch this serial but it just gets more and more annoying.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shrutiwowAurora.-aditi-SRKLuvr

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "no sympathy for Iccha" in Uttaran forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

NiharikaMishra

Goldie

NiharikaMishra

Posted: 29 April 2009 at 5:27am | IP Logged
I compleately agree with you

Tapasya should not have been ignored at the cost of showering love on Iccha
She has all the right to get jealous
She still loves Iccha
but can't tolerate what her father is doing, that is, giving preference to Iccha over Tapasya
I mean
Both should be treated equally, Right????
U can never tolerate the ignorance of your loved ones for another person
Even siblings tend to have rivalry
Then Iccha is a mere friend

flute

IF-Dazzler

flute

Posted: 29 April 2009 at 10:53am | IP Logged
unhe jaldi hi samajh aa jaayega.ki tapsayaa ko ignore naa karein.

mwow

mwow

Posted: 29 April 2009 at 6:20pm | IP Logged
Well, I differ here. From the very beginning Icha was treated like a play doll that Tapsya could play around with. Icha was always expected to do what Tapsya wanted her to do. Honestly, that was irritating for me. Also, I am surprise that the so called social worker Jogi Thakur never thought of putting Icha in a school. Damn, I would do that if I have someone working for me whose kid is of school going age but cannot do so due to monetary reasons. Icha's mother works for them, but Icha does not....PERIOD!! Why was she treated like a maid...it was disgusting how they treated her. Moreover, each time that Icha and Tapsya landed into  trouble due to their shaningans, those mischiefs were always planned by Tapsya. Even now it is not Icha's fault. However, I do agree that even now Tapsya's parents are acting like idiots. They are guilty alright--but that does not mean that they ignore their own daughter. Jogi Thakur is being totally unreasonable. He will create more problems for Icha by creating a rift between Icha and Tapsya. Also, I agree that the Damini's change of attitude toward Jogi  was not justified well. I understand she feels sort of responsible for Tapsya's mom's condition, but that did not come across well.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rgattu

gullicricket

gullicricket

Posted: 29 April 2009 at 8:29pm | IP Logged
Ofcourse Iccha was the play doll for Tapasya or else she wud ve been out of the house long back so infact that was a blessing for her and tapasya never treated her badly. About treating her like a maid maybe Damini shud ve searched for work in another house where they wud ve treated her and her daughter like a queen..LOL. Im not saying that Damini and Iccha have not seen bad days its just that there are people like them who are in much much more distress. The serial compares Iccha's life to a super rich kid and expects the viewers to feel bad for her which is really absurd. By the way going to a municipal school needs no money so i don't know why Iccha was not going to school..its not like she was busy doing child labor, she was just playing the whole day which is her mother's fault. 

rinka_paul

rinka_paul

Posted: 11 May 2009 at 8:33am | IP Logged
i completely agree with u..i think the trp is falling after the leap..the show is irratating now.

NiharikaMishra

Goldie

NiharikaMishra

Posted: 11 May 2009 at 10:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mwow

Well, I differ here. From the very beginning Icha was treated like a play doll that Tapsya could play around with. Icha was always expected to do what Tapsya wanted her to do. Honestly, that was irritating for me. Also, I am surprise that the so called social worker Jogi Thakur never thought of putting Icha in a school. Damn, I would do that if I have someone working for me whose kid is of school going age but cannot do so due to monetary reasons. Icha's mother works for them, but Icha does not....PERIOD!! Why was she treated like a maid...it was disgusting how they treated her. Moreover, each time that Icha and Tapsya landed into  trouble due to their shaningans, those mischiefs were always planned by Tapsya. Even now it is not Icha's fault. However, I do agree that even now Tapsya's parents are acting like idiots. They are guilty alright--but that does not mean that they ignore their own daughter. Jogi Thakur is being totally unreasonable. He will create more problems for Icha by creating a rift between Icha and Tapsya. Also, I agree that the Damini's change of attitude toward Jogi  was not justified well. I understand she feels sort of responsible for Tapsya's mom's condition, but that did not come across well.

Going the mid way would've been so much easier, by giving same treatment to both
Jogi could've purchased a similar stationery for Tapasya too (I think he can afford that)
And on the thakur couple's part, I think it was not needed to ignore their own daughter for the sake of compensating for their faults
Tapasya does not know anything and is bound to feel jealous
Moreover it was not right for Jogi to not go to receive her daughter from her classes and ignore her studies just to teach english to Iccha
Even Divya could've done that if not Jogi
And any girl is bound to get irritated by such behavior (me tooAngry if my father did this)
But the exaggeration on going to the pizza outlet and not eating the day when the meal was cooked to Iccha's liking was definitely wrong on Tapasya's part

Thus I conclude that the fault is niether Iccha's nor Tapasya's, but the Thakur couple's who are doing too much extra just to suppress their guilt.....

But I am not able to understand one thing,
The painting competition is OK, but how come girls of different classes are participating in the same race
never heard of such a thing,
I mean its totally absurd as it would be partiality towards the younger kids who may be physically weaker than their seniors????

priyas707

priyas707

Posted: 12 May 2009 at 3:20am | IP Logged
I dont' agree with the point that Damini shouldnt' raise her daughter with Jogi's wealth. Though Jogi is responsible for Damini's husband's accidents, but he does feel guilty about it and wants to rectify his mistake by giving Ichha everything he can. Damini can see all this and so she is staying in Jogi's house. Also Damini is happy that her daughter is getting everything what she would have never been able to give her and which mother would not like her daughter to get all these luxuries ?? So I think it is very well justified.
I think Uttaran is an awesome show and its trp's are really high!!!! But I do agree with rinka_paul, coz I think Uttaran's trp's will go down after the leap as the story will get very predictable as Tapasya will hate Ichaa and treat her as a servant. Also I dont' like the actresses who are gong to be Icha and Tapasya after the leap!! I think the kids are wayyyy better........... . So its best the makers dont' do any leap!!!
Anybody disagree's with my point ????

Post Reply New Post

Go to top