Harry Potter Debate Manor

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 27 April 2009 at 7:19am | IP Logged

Welcome Friends!

In the past, we have had many interesting and intellectual debates about the world of Harry Potter and its characters. Instead of taking up Forum Space in making separate topics for each Debate or DOTW, I created this thread specifically to debate/discuss the Harry Potter series.  
Debate Manor

Rules:
1. Please be respectful with others.
2. Value others' opinion if you do not agree with them. Everyone deserves the right to be given importance for their opinion.
3. If others' have made a mistake in what they have said, or contradicted themselves, do not make fun of them. Instead, point it out nicely and tell them why it's contradicting to their views.
4. No profanity allowed whatsoever. It's against IF rules.
5. If you want to debate specific topics, just start the discussion by making a post. 
And remember folks, have fun!  

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Harry Potter Debate Manor" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 27 April 2009 at 7:32am | IP Logged

I was thinking about starting off the Debate Manor with this question:

In Deathly Hallows, Albus Dumbledore's past is revealed. We know even how his nose broke.LOL So....whose fault do you think was the death of Ariana Dumbledore: Albus, Aberforth, or Grindelwald? Moreover, how was Dumbledore's view of "The Greater Good" any different from Voldemort's (in the long run)? These are only some points of discussion, but basically discuss anything to do with Dumbledore and his past, anything that bothered you or confused you.

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 27 April 2009 at 3:15pm | IP Logged
Interesting....will post more later. =)

Adwaita

Adwaita

Posted: 07 June 2009 at 8:31am | IP Logged
hey, what happened to the discussion...?
nobody interested?
well, anyway...
dumbledore's past was really shocking, especially his friendship with grindelwald n his views on the greater good... but they were of course different from those of voldemort. i cannot explain it very nicely but at least dumbledore's ways were not of violence. and the most important thing is, he felt remorse for his actions. this happened because he was a great man originally... voldemort is evil, but dumbledore just inclined to that path slightly in his teenage, which is natural...
about the death of ariana, well, i trust dumbledore... so, as he says in the chapter King's Cross, i think it was his mistake... that's why he was extremely guilty in the first place.... but i don't blame him for that... after all, it was a mistake...

sanahVM

sanahVM

Posted: 07 June 2009 at 8:58am | IP Logged
hmmm..intersting topic...Dubmbledore's past came really as a shock to many...i mean d readers and harry alike...Regarding ariana i feel tht though dubledore's character took a sudden change towards d grey in book 7...i think the death of ariana was a mistake...A rash mistake...i do agree that dumbledore as the head of the family  was supposed to be taking care of his sister and brother...but thn he was himself a teenager with certain ambitions..and obviously he wanted to fulfill thm...i see no wrong in tht...

and about the fact tht dumbledore's views ultimately were in agreement with what volemort's were is completely untrue...both of them have a striking difference in their characters..remorse for their doings is what seperates a great man like dumbledore frm voldemort...after all it is said that it is a very brave act to accept one's mistake and feel sorry for it..something which voldemort was never able to do...and moreover i feel another thing is 'Dumbledore's favourite solution -LOVE'..if you think about it i do feel it is very true..the reson for voldemort's downfall ultimately was the fact that he cud never appreciate the meaning of love..cud he.. they both indeed wanted to conqer death but the difference lies as harry said in  hallows..nt horcruxes...

well tht is what i feel...and umm tht has to be my longest post by far..!!!LOLLOL

sanah..!!

Edited by sanah tendulkar - 07 June 2009 at 9:05am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top