Sneh-Jiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago

Yash Raj's decision shocks many

Ruhail, Bollywood Trade News Network

After the news that Yash Raj Films has signed actor Parmeet Sethi to direct their next venture, there is growing cynicism in the industry about the decision. Going by the track record of YRF for the past few years, many feel that the decision could not make a big difference to YRF's plan to churn out big hits.

Now, that Aditya Chopra has made his decision clear, what remains to be seen is how this impacts the fortunes of one of the country's biggest film production houses which desperately is looking for a magical formula to stay relevant.

Link : http://www.bollywoodsamachar.com/ShowNews.asp?NewsSite=&NewsUrl=http://in.movies.yahoo.com/news-detail/51265/Yash-Rajs-decision-shocks.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Divyaa- thumbnail
i hope the future films form yrf are good and do well
I hope that they do well again..not that i hated their movies.
LabRat34 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It's undeniable that they've recently invested in some truely terrible productions.😕

The have big names but little else...there was a time, I'd be waiting for one of their films...now it's just like...lets not waste our money.

pksanam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
they need better scripts first of all before anything.. it's great that they give chances to the first time directors and many have made it big thanks to YRF.. i miss the earlier movies from YRF.. most of them used to be good.. hopefully, they can bounce back, but the next couple of line ups do not sound very promising..!
LabRat34 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
True they give new directors a chance...but they also take on Directors that have had a hit movie like Shaad Ali, Pradeep Sarkar and Shimit Amin and it makes you worried for them...they seem to go on face value rather than Content...

Look what happened with LCMD...👎🏼...hope Rocket Singh doesn't have the same fate...
Edited by LabRat34 - 15 years ago
They need to pay their actors better.
pksanam thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: LabRat34

True they give new directors a chance...but they also take on Directors that have had a hit movie like Shaad Ali, Pradeep Sarkar and Shimit Amin and it makes you worried for them...they seem to go on face value rather than Content...

Look what happened with LCMD...👎🏼...hope Rocket Singh doesn't have the same fate...

bang on..!!  that's exactly the point..

these ghisa pita scripts can hardly work.. audiences are not fools..!  😳😆😆
simran1285 thumbnail
I believe there was a period in the late 80's that Yash Raj went through a similar stage it was Chandni that bailed them out. I think it's about time they went back to making family oriented films. I am sick of the sleazy Neal N' Nikkis, Tashans & Bachna Ae Haseenos.

Today when I watch films like Lamhe and even DDLJ you can see the spark that is clearly missing today.

I would pick Sridevi's dance on Mere Hathon Mein and Meri Bindiya anyday over Kareena's Chhaliya.
Mrs-KaranKundra thumbnail
hope that they do well again