Celebrity Fan Clubs

!!~~RK FC-rajeevians gurukul~~!! (Page 146)

Post Reply New Post

Page 146 of 151

yazh.

IF-Dazzler

yazh.

Posted: 11 July 2009 at 6:59pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by pgsks

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="100%">
<TBODY>
<TR>
<TD><FONT size=4>War of reality shows on TV this week</FONT></TD></TR>
<TR>
<TD><FONT size=4>Shuchi Bansal / New DelhiJuly 12, 2009, 0:41 IST</FONT></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Hindi entertainment television channels have opened the sluice gates for reality shows. Beginning Monday, a slew of new non-fiction shows will hit the idiot box.

If Sony from Multi Screen Media will air Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bacchao with 10 celebrities in a Malaysian rainforest, Star Plus plans to put common people on the hot seat for Sach Ka Saamna.

The programme is based on Moment of Truth, a popular Fox Productions reality show which has been licensed to several television channels across the world.

On July 11, UTV's Bindass launched the second season of Dadagiri, while Rakhi Ka Swyamvar on NDTV Imagine has completed two weeks. Colors plans the second season of its popular reality shows, Khatron Ke Khiladi and Big Boss, in the next few months.

Of course, different channels have different reasons for pushing reality TV.For Star, the new financial year begins in July and it has a fresh, unutilised programming budget to tap in to.

Besides, the channel needs to prop up its declining gross rating points as well as reclaim its lost leadership position (last week, the channel was placed third after Colors and Zee).At 10.30 pm from Monday to Friday, Sach Ka Saamnawill challenge Colors' successful fiction show, Uttaran. Sony's reality show is a part of its revamp plan which saw it unveil a host of fiction shows earlier.

The sudden attack from rivals on the 10 pm and 10.30 pm bands hasn't bothered Colors CEO Rajesh Kamat who said that reality shows bring in new audiences and do not dent the loyal viewership of fiction shows. Still, reality shows do create a buzz around the media brand. "If done well, they also draw in a disproportionate number of audiences and, therefore, advertisers," Kamat said. Little surprise, Colors plans to start the second season of its blockbuster reality shows only when advertisers decide to loosen their purse-strings closer to the festival season which will begin in September.

Star Plus is banking on Sach ka Saamna to shore up its advertising revenue, which has dropped by 10 to 15 per cent. Star India Executive Vice-president (marketing) Anupam Vasudev did not divulge the numbers but admitted that revenue is under pressure.

The new programme, produced by Synergy, is "Star's experiment with a new genre of adult entertainment," said Vasudev. Sach Ka Saamna features people who have to answer 21 questions ranging from the simple to the complex, exploring their deeply personal relationships and thoughts, before an audience including their family members. If the questions are answered truthfully ? there's a polygraph test to ascertain that ? the contestant wins Rs 1 crore.

Vasudev said that unlike Moment of Truth, the questions have been designed keeping Indian sensibilities in mind. "Some questions will be edgy though. The Indian society is at the cusp of change and it can take such entertainment," said he. Agreed Shailaja Kejriwal, head of programming at NDTV Imagine: "It's good to see variety in reality TV. It's a pleasant change from the song and dance shows which have gone on for too long."

Though entertainment channels appear to focus more on non-fiction, the fact is that of the programming on a TV channel, reality comprises barely 10 to 15 per cent of the total.

Also, channel and programming heads said that unless a reality show uses a top star (Shahrukh Khan or Salman Khan), the cost isn't too high. "Though it is shot in Udaipur, the cost of producing Rakhi Ka Swyamvar is tightly under control," said Kejriwal.

He is supposed to have made the 11 p.m. slot famous

He made a new channel famous

He made an arm of a production house famous

He must have many other firsts

Now he is called to make a new genre of adult entertainment famous...

He is called to boost the dropping profits and sagging ratings

He is treading new path, unexplored territory.

But then his journey shows he was always a path breaker Smile

Edited by yazh1 - 11 July 2009 at 7:01pm

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "!!~~RK FC-rajeevians gurukul~~!! (Page 146)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sunaina02

IF-Stunnerz

sunaina02

Posted: 11 July 2009 at 8:38pm | IP Logged

Link to the article :

Edited by sunaina02 - 11 July 2009 at 8:39pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sknraNidaRajeev

Aizaz

Goldie

Aizaz

Posted: 11 July 2009 at 10:50pm | IP Logged

ok your name is Rabi thanx for reply hope we can watch the show.

Edited by arslan - 11 July 2009 at 11:21pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sknra

MysticRiver

IF-Stunnerz

MysticRiver

Posted: 12 July 2009 at 12:53am | IP Logged
Thanku so much for the pics & article..Smile

MysticRiver

IF-Stunnerz

MysticRiver

Posted: 12 July 2009 at 12:56am | IP Logged

MysticRiver

IF-Stunnerz

MysticRiver

Posted: 12 July 2009 at 1:09am | IP Logged

Rajeev Khandelwal is not single!

Television heartthrob Rajeev Khandelwal, who wowed critics and audiences in "Aamir", has a new woman in his life and says he would love to
Rajeev Khandelwal

father a baby girl whenever he settles down in life.

"I love families and kids. I would love to be a father and carry my daughter on my shoulders when I go for work. I love baby girls," Rajeev, who is returning to the small screen as a reality show host.

Currently he is doing his bit to fulfil his desire by sponsoring a girl child.

"If given a choice, I would love to adopt a girl. But it's a great feeling to even sponsor and support a girl child - it's as good as being a father to her," he said in the interview.

Rajeev, who was earlier in a relationship with actress Aamna Shariff, his co-star on hit daily soap "Kahiin Toh Hoga", admits that he now has someone special in his life.

"Yes, I am seeing someone right now. But she is not from the industry," he said, refusing to reveal her name.

He, however, stressed that marriage was not on the cards for him any time soon.

"I've always intended to settle down with every girl I have dated in my life. But I have left it (marriage) on life. Whenever life pushes me into that direction, I will do it," he said.

Rajeev said he decided to make a comeback on the small screen to host STAR Plus' new reality show "Sach Ka Saamna" because it dealt with emotions of everyday life and presented people who could own up to the truth fearlessly.

"Sach Ka Saamna", the Indian version of internationally known show "Moment of Truth", will reward contestants for their courage to speak the truth about their personal lives on national television. The format and the content of the show is what drew Rajeev to the show.

"I could relate to the questions asked in the show. They are somewhere related to every person's life. That was one reason I agreed to the show besides the fact that it applauds those who can own up to the truth not fearing the consequences," he said.

While the show will air Monday-Friday at 10.30 p.m. starting July 15, Rajeev has a few Bollywood projects lined up too - British filmmaker John Owen's "Peter Gaya Kaam Se" and Saurabh Narang's "Return Gift".

Rajeev had won the hearts of many women during his first stint on TV and the list only got longer after he entered Bollywood. The actor says he absolutely loves the adulation he receives from his female fans, though it is "difficult to stay grounded" at all times.

"There are lots of women who make me feel special. But I have always known it's not for me but for the characters I play. It's not that I'm a great looker, a great speaker or a great actor - but somehow I'm told that you are liked by the fairer sex and it gives me joy.

"I love it when any woman looks at me, smiles and I know it is genuine. It feels good. Imagine 10 women looking at you when you go in the lift - it becomes very difficult for me to stay grounded in such situations," Rajeev said.

In fact his fans have given him so much love by way of gifts that the actor didn't have to buy a single object to decorate his living room.

"My house is loaded. My living room has been done up by my fans. It's like an Archies Gallery - full of teddy bears, souvenirs and statues of gods. Though I don't believe in god, my house has about 85 statues of Ganesha. People have been extremely kind to me," he said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/ENTERTAINMENT-TV-Rajeev-Khandelwal-is-not-single/articleshow/4768416.cms

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

sensitivesheela

sensitivesheela

IF-Rockerz

sensitivesheela

Posted: 12 July 2009 at 1:53am | IP Logged
hey guyz guess what i saw raj 2day on star sansarBig smileBig smilethey showed promos of sks and they then talked with raj asked some personal questions abt his life and said k apni personal life k bray mein zyada baat na karne wale ab dusron se  kar wange sach ka samnaLOLLOLit was nice to see him again on star plusEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

surbhi..

Goldie

surbhi..

Posted: 12 July 2009 at 2:06am | IP Logged
hey plz add me also!!
m also a fan of rajeev!!

plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Post Reply New Post

Go to top