Fashion and Beauty

How Often do you wear Indian Outfits? (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 16

BeMyHero4ever

Goldie

BeMyHero4ever

Posted: 10 May 2009 at 1:10am | IP Logged
i wear it 3-4 times a year
lmao im so badEmbarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How Often do you wear Indian Outfits? (Page 8)" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Cuhrazy.Anisha

IF-Dazzler

Cuhrazy.Anisha

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 10 May 2009 at 2:00am | IP Logged
^^ lol noo u arent!! the lesser u wear them the more amazing u look everytym u wear em Wink

hatsuyuki-hime

Groupbie

hatsuyuki-hime

Posted: 10 May 2009 at 9:52am | IP Logged
CryNeverCry

Well, I live in the UK so I guess that's pretty much why. Used to wear em when I was little and on vacation in India but not now. The thing is I've REALLY been dreaming about buying a whole bunch of churidaars and jewelry and kajal and stuff on vacation since I started watching more Indian shows - the churidaar seems to have become trendy, hasn't it? Akshara (MAN does she look pretty in one), Arohi (ditto!), Gunjan (though she really needs to experiment with the fabrics and details), Nupur, Sapna...you get the idea LOL I've even been checking out various cuts and designs so that I'd know the kind of styles I'd be interested in (yes, I know I'm sad and no, I don't get to shop much) I figured since we'd only be on vacation for some weeks, I could wear my lovely churidaars everyday on holiday and shamelessly spend hours accessorizing the outfits, doing the hair or adjusting the kajalDay DreamingDay DreamingDay Dreaming
 Imagine how all of that comes crashing down when I find out we're not heading to India this yearCry ;_; ;_; ;_;

But, it's all good, I'll just buy some next year, I guess
Woah, long post - sorry ^^
In the meanwhile, here's some of the styles I pretty much fell in love (and I'm not the exaggerating type) for your viewing pleasure -
Product Id SS043Product Id SS008Product Id SS040Product Id SAK060Product Id SAK074Product Id SN508Product Id SN528Product Id SN610Product Id SN504LOVE the metallic thread used in the embroidery here - this way the work will shimmer while not blinding your eyes ^_^. Oh, and I know the green with the flower appliques is a bit unusual but I think it's kinda funky, don't you? And I know some of these aren't churidaars but it just takes a little imagination ^^

Oh, and this btw, is my DREAM DIWALI LEHNGAProduct Id GSU1506I know the work seems like it's a bit too much but there's glitter everywhere on Diwali anyway ^^. Purple Embroidered Georgette FTW <3 Well, I can always dream since I'm not likely to be celebrating Diwali in India for at least the next 4 years Cry

Sorry for wasting so much space ^^; Why don't some of you try and post pics of urselves in Indian clothes? I'm sure you all look lovely ^^

miss5stars

IF-Rockerz

miss5stars

Posted: 10 May 2009 at 11:14am | IP Logged

@hatsuyuki

i recommend you buy ur clothes from india! Big smile
theyre...MUCH MUCH CHEAPER THERE! Big smile
and plus..if you dont go..you wont hav wasted ur money on shopping! Embarrassed

you'll end up spending LOADS here...and probs spend less in india!

even tho..the hottness and stuff get's too you..and you end up buying w.e! LOL

Nikasha.

IF-Dazzler

Nikasha.

Posted: 10 May 2009 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
Oooh those churidaars are beautiful! I always look forward to going to India, so I can buy stuff and flaunt it.LOL 

Be careful while buying stuff though - last year I went to India and I got this really expensive lehnga. (Similar to the one you got, except it's light yellow.) I was planning to wear it on Diwali, but I never came around wearing it.
Whenever my grandparents come to the U.S, I have them buy me an expensive lehnga/sari/jewellery set as a gift.LOL
Always have your grandparents buy your stuff, they never say no. They paid for a couple rings and necklace sets that I got while I was in India.Embarrassed

-Ms. Nikasha S.Smile

Edited by -Nikasha- - 10 May 2009 at 1:20pm

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 10 May 2009 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
@hatsuyuki-hime
Oh, those ones are beautiful! I have actually browsing the same site (from where you got these dresses), and I have to say they a great collection, but I also recommend that you do your actual shopping from India itself, cos there will be similar stuff at a fraction of price than what it is online.Smile
And I myself understand the sorrow of not going to visit India, since even our family was planning to go there this summer, but our plans got canceled as well! I am just trying to get over it now.Cry

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 10 May 2009 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
These are some of my favorite ones: they might not be the trendiest, but I love how elegant and kitschy they areEmbarrassed

Edited by VirgoVixen - 10 May 2009 at 1:46pm

miss5stars

IF-Rockerz

miss5stars

Posted: 10 May 2009 at 1:48pm | IP Logged

is india any different then pakistan? ConfusedLOL

cuz i HATE going to pakistan LOL
..well the 1st time i wenr- it was SO FUN! Embarrassed

but the 2nd time i went
for a week LOL
i got sick twice in tht week! Angry
and like it was just annoying! LOL
a grl kant go out alone without sum random boy saying sumthin to her LOLLOL
i jus went to the tailor to see if my clothes were ready [ the tailor isnt tht far away]
and 3 guys came up too me! ShockedLOL

...but then again..sum of the older dad figures are rele nice Embarrassed
lyk i went to get sum pan for my mom..LOL and i gav the guy a 100 rupee note
and forget to get the change bk LOL...so he kalled me from far away and gav it bk Embarrassed

and then theres stupid little kats and MICE roaming around!
and one time..this mouse went past my legs...LESS THAN AN INCH AWAY FRM MY FEET! Shocked
i GOT SO SCARED! LOL
wht if it had a disease! LOL

and the latest ive heard is..
a grl shudnt go out alone...AT ALL now
cuz guys are creepers over there LOL

im happy in america! Embarrassed
home sweet home LOL

woops..sorrie for the essay! LOL
but the point was..
dont be tht upset u kant go to india! LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top