Fashion and Beauty

How Often do you wear Indian Outfits? (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 16

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 28 April 2009 at 2:01pm | IP Logged
Sigma that is awesome!!    I honestly dont have much experience with saris but I bet you looked beautiful. 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How Often do you wear Indian Outfits? (Page 5)" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 28 April 2009 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by VirgoVixen

I wear indian stuff a LOT, especially when there's indian occasions, I never miss a chance lolz. I actually wore a sari to my prom! I sometimes try to combine western-indian elements like for example wearing an embroidered kurti with skinny jeans + sexy heels...I love that:P

you wore a sari to prom?! that is freakin awesome! Tongue

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 28 April 2009 at 8:08pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jess.

I wear indian stuff a LOT, especially when there's indian occasions, I never miss a chance lolz. I actually wore a sari to my prom! I sometimes try to combine western-indian elements like for example wearing an embroidered kurti with skinny jeans + sexy heels...I love that:P

LOLZ yes I did, thankfully one of my friends wore it with me, so I am not the only oneLOL but still it was just the two of us wearing sarisLOLSmile

fammma

Goldie

fammma

Posted: 29 April 2009 at 5:51am | IP Logged
wow...wearing a sari to a prom is gutsy....

hats off to you...
Vote of confidence
You guys muct have looked stunning though!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotion

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 29 April 2009 at 10:18am | IP Logged
It is truly gutsy, I see we're becoming more ethnic as the times go on, I mean even Goldie Hawn wore a sari to Catherine Zeta Jones' wedding and she looked amazing in it. 

ElusiveDevotion

Sigma

IF-Sizzlerz

Sigma

Posted: 29 April 2009 at 1:51pm | IP Logged
Thanks Trina1, ur soo sweet. It was my 1st time wearing a sari, but i really wanted to wear one to my grad ball. My aunt got it made for me from scratch when she went to India. I got a belt put in so it wasn't that scary in the end, just made sure I had loads of safety pins in.  

I'm really glad i wore a sari cause like VirgoVixen there was only one other girl wearing a sari at the ball, but they were totally and we really stood out. Lots of the ppl who were formal dresses had similar outfits to other ppl there and some even had the same outfit on! 

Every1 there was giving loads of compliments, esp the gori they thought the saris were amazing. I would recommend wearing one. I also wore a lengha to ball in high school as well.

ElusiveDevotion

.Jiya.

IF-Sizzlerz

.Jiya.

Posted: 29 April 2009 at 2:05pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Jess.

LOLZ yes I did, thankfully one of my friends wore it with me, so I am not the only oneLOL but still it was just the two of us wearing sarisLOLSmile

hehe .. i bet you wouldnt have wore it .... if your friend didnt wear it with you LOL
Bet you looked Great .. what colour did you wear ?

ElusiveDevotion

Cuhrazy.Anisha

IF-Dazzler

Cuhrazy.Anisha

Posted: 30 April 2009 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
i wear em wenever i have to go to a raditional party or its a traditional event in clg lyk the independence day fest or i wear saris wen i hv to to do compering in any of the clg events

other than dat only on diwali n rakhi Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top