Fashion and Beauty

How Often do you wear Indian Outfits? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 16

miss5stars

IF-Rockerz

miss5stars

Posted: 27 April 2009 at 4:17pm | IP Logged

ehh..once a month! LOL
sumtimes more
sumtimes less! ShockedLOL
and idk why but i dont lyk repeating shalwar kameeze's LOL [ all types! ]
i barely ever repeat LOL - i kno..WASTING ALOT OF MONEY!
they even cost lyk $75 in paki [ FOR A SIMPLE ONE! ] ...imagine how much they cost here Shocked
i repeat now tho..well sumtimes LOL
when every1 forgets ..then i repeat LOLWink
and sumtimes i steal my sister's clothes when shes not going wear im going LOL

but i love the shoping in DUBAI !!!!!! <3
dubai is the best place too shop! - even tho the heat gets 2 u! LOL

but..i dnt get to wear my salwar kameezes as much! LOLOuch
but this summerrrr/may alot of weddings/engagements/partys are gunna happen
so imm READY! LOLWink

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How Often do you wear Indian Outfits? (Page 4)" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-amruta-

IF-Dazzler

-amruta-

Posted: 27 April 2009 at 5:42pm | IP Logged
Only wear them on indian function

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 27 April 2009 at 7:08pm | IP Logged
i hate repeating outfits too! lol
i have repeated plain suits for gurdwara-only if it isnt a special program so no one i know sees me- LOL
but repeating party suits is a big NO...unless i wore it here and wore it in canada/india or something

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 27 April 2009 at 11:42pm | IP Logged
I wear indian stuff a LOT, especially when there's indian occasions, I never miss a chance lolz. I actually wore a sari to my prom! I sometimes try to combine western-indian elements like for example wearing an embroidered kurti with skinny jeans + sexy heels...I love that:P

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 28 April 2009 at 7:23am | IP Logged
I so rarely wear them that I am not in danger of repeating an outfit, but I dont mind wearing something again if it's one of my custom-made suits in a nice colour like peacock blue or royal eggplant.  My favorites are my favorites for a reason, they offset my features and coloring in a special way.   But I can understand why some would not want to repeat an outfit. 

dream

IF-Dazzler

dream

Posted: 28 April 2009 at 9:21am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jiya4eijaz

Originally posted by dream

^Yea Trina it's true! even u knw here it is too obvious to wear salwar suit in college..i mean 5 days in a week girls will wear it may be only once a week jeans or even not that...but as u guys are living in foreign country it may seem weird to u..but it is quite okay here. Most of u havent worn sari but I've 5-6 times in college funtion n cousin's wedding..it's nice to wear but hard to manage fr me!

what ,, crously..
saree in a college function ..woooow..
i havent tried a saree on .. not even to wedding party ...,

well like you said because we live in a foreign country it might seem werid .. hell yes because when people on streets even wear sarees, people in london look at them in a diffrent way , so you could imainge if someone came into college with saree for a function , it would be the talk of the yearLOL

Yeah thats kind of cool i guess ...

LOLLOL..u know what here we are told to wear saries on teacher's farewell or last day of college  that's the student's farewellSmile..& when everyone is wearing sari if u wear something else u'll look weird..so we wear it n it's fun & another thing is that here u cant really wear fashionable western trendy clothes everytime in busy streets people will stare you badlyOuchDead..but we wear it but not as much as u've the opportunity n freedom i guess to wear these kinda clothes everywhere.

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 28 April 2009 at 9:26am | IP Logged
@ Dream:  I think in the major cities people wont stare because they have a lot of tourists, but yeah the farther away one is then women have to adhere to certain codes of dress.   Like saris and all.  Me, I would go anywhere in a shirt and jeans.  

Sigma

IF-Sizzlerz

Sigma

Posted: 28 April 2009 at 1:54pm | IP Logged

i like wearing indian clothes, but i only wear them when going to the gurdwara or i wear something more fancy if it's a function like a wedding. I wore a sari to my grad ball as well.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top