Fashion and Beauty

How Often do you wear Indian Outfits? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 16

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 26 April 2009 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Bubbly_Shelly

Yes, I finally found time! loll. Hug

I wish I could too. Just living here makes it worse.. because you don't find many occasions to do so. Also because it's so cold you don't feel like wearing them either cuz most of the suits are really thin.

I know sis!!    you bring up a good point, where the climate is too cold it becomes harder to wear them.  Unless you are a model at a fashion show, you will hardly get a chance to wear.   And donning one of these things is one of the joys of being a girl.  Then I can only wear it during summer or early fall. 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How Often do you wear Indian Outfits? (Page 3)" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

fammma

Goldie

fammma

Posted: 27 April 2009 at 6:10am | IP Logged

this is an absolutely lovely topic!!!

I wear indian dresses on weekends sometimes, esp if were going out!! and i absolutely love dressing up on weddings too...which is another reason i am absolutely looking forward to my own wedding!!!

I am dying to wear a saree, which i am thinking i may try on ..perhaps again at my wedding or on the mehndi when we have a girlie party!! hen night....lets see!!!

but the most comfortable clothes for me, has to be either jeans n a top or pyjamas!!!!!!!!

.Jiya.

IF-Sizzlerz

.Jiya.

Posted: 27 April 2009 at 6:51am | IP Logged
Great Topic ;)
I dont often wear indian outfits.. i only wear them if im going to a wedding party or a party that the dress code has to be with indian outfit! ..
, but i LOVE indian outfits, only because i like matching the accesories and that ;)

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 27 April 2009 at 6:56am | IP Logged
It's weird because I think in South Asia the women are used to wearing salwars every day, as their wardrobe and those who live outside it have a different uniform.  Like they would find it hard to wearing pants and a top if they aren't accustomed.

dream

IF-Dazzler

dream

Posted: 27 April 2009 at 9:38am | IP Logged
^Yea Trina it's true! even u knw here it is too obvious to wear salwar suit in college..i mean 5 days in a week girls will wear it may be only once a week jeans or even not that...but as u guys are living in foreign country it may seem weird to u..but it is quite okay here. Most of u havent worn sari but I've 5-6 times in college funtion n cousin's wedding..it's nice to wear but hard to manage fr me!

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 27 April 2009 at 9:49am | IP Logged
It's weird dream, because I wear salwars to fit in when in India, but part of me just likes to wear jeans and tee shirts mostly.  :)   When I go around, the salwar is the best choice.  

Bubbly_Shelly

IF-Sizzlerz

Bubbly_Shelly

Posted: 27 April 2009 at 2:58pm | IP Logged
@ Trins: I agree. There are definitely not many occasions where you can wear them.. unless its the summer or early fall as you said. Ah, yess i've actually done a fashion show where I finally got a chance to wear some indian outfits. :D But yeah that's about it loll.

In India, you could wear it wherever you'd like because it's really hot, it's not the same case here. : (

.Jiya.

IF-Sizzlerz

.Jiya.

Posted: 27 April 2009 at 4:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dream

^Yea Trina it's true! even u knw here it is too obvious to wear salwar suit in college..i mean 5 days in a week girls will wear it may be only once a week jeans or even not that...but as u guys are living in foreign country it may seem weird to u..but it is quite okay here. Most of u havent worn sari but I've 5-6 times in college funtion n cousin's wedding..it's nice to wear but hard to manage fr me!

what ,, crously..
saree in a college function ..woooow..
i havent tried a saree on .. not even to wedding party ...,

well like you said because we live in a foreign country it might seem werid .. hell yes because when people on streets even wear sarees, people in london look at them in a diffrent way , so you could imainge if someone came into college with saree for a function , it would be the talk of the yearLOL

Yeah thats kind of cool i guess ...

Edited by Jiya4eijaz - 27 April 2009 at 4:13pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top