Page 1 of 16

Page 1
Page   of 16
Page 2 Page 16

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 25 April 2009 at 3:24pm | IP Logged
I love wearing my indian outfits...my salwar-kameez or pyjami suits...

So i was wondering if others like wearing indian clothes too...if so, how often do you wear indian outfits?

Edited by Jess. - 25 April 2009 at 3:24pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

trina_saras

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "How Often do you wear Indian Outfits?" in Fashion and Beauty forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

adev

adev

Posted: 26 April 2009 at 8:30am | IP Logged
I love them too :D

But I generally wear them only to Indian parties or when I go to the temple for any occasions.

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 26 April 2009 at 10:14am | IP Logged
Same here...i wear my best suits at party with matching heels etc. and for the temple i wear something simple

i love dressing up for parties though! Cause i cant wear the whole ultra nice suits at the gurdwara cause it doesnt look  niceLOL

dream

IF-Dazzler

dream

Posted: 26 April 2009 at 10:50am | IP Logged
I love wearing them soooooo much!
I wear most of the time,even all the time salwar suits but i always have something special & fashionable with it like the design, fabric, cutting or dupatta or accesories & wear nice earrings & obviously in parties, if it's a party of some close relative like cousin's wedding then lehenga is my most favourite thing..but in winter i prefer jeans with tops..though salwar suit is always there.

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 26 April 2009 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Jess.

So i was wondering if others like wearing indian clothes too...if so, how often do you wear indian outfits?

nice topic yaar!! 

I like to wear ethnic clothing but I rarely do because I dont find the opportunity.  I wear salwars when I am in India basically, or I just feel bored at my house and I want to do something different.  But mostly I wear like a polo and denims to go out.  I prefer simple, elegant designs and colors over gaudy prints.  A girl in my class only wears salwar suits to class.  Which I found interesting as she is the only one I have ever ever seen doing this.  I also see guys never wear ethnic clothing, it's just girls. 

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 26 April 2009 at 4:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by trina1

Originally posted by Jess.

nice topic yaar!! 

I like to wear ethnic clothing but I rarely do because I dont find the opportunity.  I wear salwars when I am in India basically, or I just feel bored at my house and I want to do something different.  But mostly I wear like a polo and denims to go out.  I prefer simple, elegant designs and colors over gaudy prints.  A girl in my class only wears salwar suits to class.  Which I found interesting as she is the only one I have ever ever seen doing this.  I also see guys never wear ethnic clothing, it's just girls. 

really? you dont live in india right? lol why does she wear salwar's to class?
I, in my life, have never worn a suit to schoolLOL, unless you count multicultural day in Elementary!
In my school, a couple of punjabi girls wore Salwars on Karva Chauth..can you believe that? (the suits were ugly too lol)

trina_saras

IF-Stunnerz

trina_saras

Posted: 26 April 2009 at 5:12pm | IP Logged
Jess I have no idea why she does that.  She just said she has so many of them and she used to wear them at home because her dad made her change into Indian clothes and she got used to it.  So now it's habit. 

Well to each her own.

I have never worn a sari but I am also lately fascinated by them as well, only the designer ones though.  I think it takes a lot of grace to wear them.   As for salwars, I have some with dupatta and some without and the ones with dupatta are the classiest.  Especially when worn with accessories. 

Jess.

IF-Veteran Member

Jess.

Posted: 26 April 2009 at 5:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by trina1

Jess I have no idea why she does that.  She just said she has so many of them and she used to wear them at home because her dad made her change into Indian clothes and she got used to it.  So now it's habit. 

Well to each her own.

I have never worn a sari but I am also lately fascinated by them as well, only the designer ones though.  I think it takes a lot of grace to wear them.   As for salwars, I have some with dupatta and some without and the ones with dupatta are the classiest.  Especially when worn with accessories. 

i really want a sari, lol i've never worn one but like you, i have also been lately fascinated with them...wouldnt mind wearing a sari to a family party or something..Tongue

Post Reply New Post

Go to top