Book Talk

Eating While Reading or Reading While Eating?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 24 April 2009 at 4:23pm | IP Logged
Hello to all the lovely readers! Hug

Just a random question: Does anyone here like to eat while reading? Do you like to eat while reading? 

I'm just very much like that.  I've to have something to read while I'm eating... Sometimes I only watch TV while eating and anything but myself is banned from family dinners so can't quite read when I'm eating with family, but otherwise in University when I've lunch, I'm always reading something (a book or a newspaper).

So I wanted to ask you if you like reading while eating? Do you have a favorite snack that you like to eat while reading?

While you're at it, let's also discuss if you like to eat while reading or read while eating?! Confusing? That was precisely my intention TongueLOL Just kidding! Have fun!

-Mahi

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

strawberry143

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Eating While Reading or Reading While Eating?" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 25 April 2009 at 5:38am | IP Logged
Of course! I love reading or watching TV while reading!Big smile

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 25 April 2009 at 8:11am | IP Logged
Well, to be honest, during my teenage years, I would frequent this library ; i spent so much time there and then get back home in time for dinner and yet continue reading the book and not stop and read even while having dinner. My dad just tried to get me off the habit , but it took a while before I did about 2 -3 months, but I eventually did.

Well , his reasoning was simple, enjoy your book aand as well as your dinner, and doing both at the same time doesnt really help. I dont know why but it clicked and even now, I enjoy reading  a book , without eating or drinking while doing so.

Even vice versa, I dont read a paper / magazine while eating either...LOL

-Ami-

IF-Stunnerz

-Ami-

Posted: 25 April 2009 at 3:00pm | IP Logged
A few years ago, I always used to read while eatting lunch. I, myself would have to be present durring family dinner so no reading then. But I've gotten off the habit now. I tend to read only when I can. But most times I don't eat while reading. I might do it sometimes, but not a lot.

HPCRAZY

Goldie

HPCRAZY

Posted: 26 April 2009 at 12:33pm | IP Logged

Reading while eating is one of my oldest habits & I've been doing it since I was 7 or 8 years oldEmbarrassed Ofcourse, I do it only at home & when I'm eating by myself(which is practically every other day) & obviously not when having dinner with a family member or two or with guests Tongue & the best part is, my parents don't reprimand me for it!Big smile Most of the time while having dinner,I just re-read my favorite parts from books I've already readWink

Eating while reading I do less frequently..I feel the need to munch something while reading mostly when I read at night.There is no one particular food item as such for me though I mostly polish off entire bars of chocolate & other junk food items such as chips while reading particularly long booksEmbarrassed Actually, it is my one of  my favorite ways of spending  sometime by & with myself ...especially when I'm home aloneTongue

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 26 April 2009 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
I know! Junk food is my problem while reading at night.  For some, reason I feel the need to munch on some chips or something while reading late at night.  I hate it afterwards but can't stop myself before LOL

Mostly it's reading while eating.  I just have to do something while eating besides just eating alone.  Of course when I'm with my friends and family there's not much choice.  But when I'm alone, I just can't just eat and be doing only that.  So I always grab something to read, or just watch TV.

-Mahi

LabRat34

LabRat34

Posted: 28 April 2009 at 2:10pm | IP Logged
Did anybody every worry about getting food on their pages???

That was usually my mine concern so I'd refrain form eating while reading as much as I could help it...if I was too emgrossed ina  book...eating would just have to wait!!

But...if I'm having lunch alone or something...I find a newspaper...the tabloids are close enough to waste paper anyway...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ragsmastlife

Mrs.MuffinSobti

IF-Veteran Member

Mrs.MuffinSobti

IPKKND 3rd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 28 April 2009 at 5:46pm | IP Logged
For me, it's usually wating while reading. When I'm reading something, I have to be munching on a snack or drink at all times =)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top