Page 1
Page   of 6
Page 2 Page 6

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 25 October 2005 at 5:59am | IP Logged

My local newspaper covered a three day thing abt prostitution and all.. somewhat liek a debate whether prostitution be legalised in indai or not.. since aids is spreading liek wild fire.

wot do u think?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shd Prostitution Be Legalised?-in India" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 25 October 2005 at 11:00am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ENY_original

Originally posted by datspreets

My local newspaper covered a three day thing abt prostitution and all.. somewhat liek a debate whether prostitution be legalised in indai or not.. since aids is spreading liek wild fire.

wot do u think?

WTF are these people smoking???

Prostitution IS a crime, no matter what part of the world you're in.

The people in your local newspaper should all get canned and their licenses revoked permanently for talkin' that s**t!!!!!

That's like spreading diseases out here......right???

Not only that, community outrages could turn into nasty riots for issues like that, so write to your newspaper and tell 'em never to spread such nasty s**t like that ever again!!!

Understand, Preeti??

Preeti , No need to get so upset . Lets look at it from all persepectives .
Legalisation has many negatives ,but has a few postives too .
Let me start with a postive i can think of , giving an example of Denmark as a country , Mexico and Singapore where prostitution is legal . Sex crime rate has known to drop .Lets face it there are enough frustrated men around who would not get sex any other way , their only mean is to take it by force , rape OR by paying some one for it . Whenever alcahol has been banned , people resort to black market , when ever they call for a dry day , people start hoarding up . In the U.S where prostitution is illegal , date rape is the highest . Crime is higher wthin the U.S despite severe laws , intense prosecution rates and a high number of imprisonment rate.People infected with HIV /AIDS are higher .
Netherlands , Amsterdam , which is known for its re light district , critics will be stunned to know that it has the least number of rapes and murders. And it does not suffer from AIDS epidemic , like the U.S.

Also by making laws in favour of prostitution one can find ways to solve a few problems , like Denmark , passed a law in 1999 , where it said that its illegal to have sex with a minor . Also making it important for sex workers to be tested for HIV and keeping that proof handy with them .

While i am not for it , or against legalising it . This is what are known to be in favour arguments .

Against it , i am sure many of you can get the ball rolling .Over to you !!

ME_T

ME_T

Posted: 25 October 2005 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
i think it is rong!! it's just agiast humanity. and that's that.

TiN24

Goldie

TiN24

Posted: 25 October 2005 at 6:17pm | IP Logged
If they are thinking of making prostitution legal, then why not murder, theft, rape, and assult??? They are all wrong and against humanity so why favor one over the other? Murdering someone is killing them, prostitution is killing your own soul/body. They are all equally bad. Whoever even though of such a disgusting thing of considering making prostitution legal has to be by far the most stupid idiotic jerk on the whole world.

Some may think that killing someone is taking their lives, but prostitution is a form of making a living/money. Well, there are thousands of other ways to make money. Work at a gas station, clean other people's houses, do whatever you can, but to sell your body like that is just plain sick and cheap. I don't think anyone should have to stoop that low and resort to such a degrading job, just to make a few bucks here and there.

mistystar

mistystar

Posted: 26 October 2005 at 1:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by TiN24

If they are thinking of making prostitution legal, then why not murder, theft, rape, and assult??? They are all wrong and against humanity so why favor one over the other? Murdering someone is killing them, prostitution is killing your own soul/body. They are all equally bad. Whoever even though of such a disgusting thing of considering making prostitution legal has to be by far the most stupid idiotic jerk on the whole world.

Some may think that killing someone is taking their lives, but prostitution is a form of making a living/money. Well, there are thousands of other ways to make money. Work at a gas station, clean other people's houses, do whatever you can, but to sell your body like that is just plain sick and cheap. I don't think anyone should have to stoop that low and resort to such a degrading job, just to make a few bucks here and there.

murder, theft, rape has a difference to prostitution. In most cases, prostitution is voluntary. a person is willing to sell their body for money, while the person who they are selling it to is not being forced. its their choice.

murder, theft, rape is inflicting pain on an unwilling individual. murder, you are killing someone who im pretty sure does not want to get killed. theft, you are stealing from an unknown person, and rape you are forcing them into such an act. with these, one party is always a victim.

also, in the US, prostitution is illegal, but you still see prostitutes. that is because those who want to do it, will. no laws are going to stop them. if there are laws, they will find a way around them.

its the same with murder. some people know that they might get death penalty or life in prison, but some dont care. if they want to kill someone they will. maybe it might scare off those who are not willing to go, but those who are serious will not care of the consequences. if they did, there would be no murders anywhere. but there is. perhaps laws might decrease it somewhat, but in the end, those who are bent on doing a crime, will.

Aparna_BD

IF-Dazzler

Aparna_BD

Posted: 26 October 2005 at 2:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mistystar

Originally posted by TiN24

murder, theft, rape has a difference to prostitution. In most cases, prostitution is voluntary. a person is willing to sell their body for money, while the person who they are selling it to is not being forced. its their choice.

murder, theft, rape is inflicting pain on an unwilling individual. murder, you are killing someone who im pretty sure does not want to get killed. theft, you are stealing from an unknown person, and rape you are forcing them into such an act. with these, one party is always a victim.

also, in the US, prostitution is illegal, but you still see prostitutes. that is because those who want to do it, will. no laws are going to stop them. if there are laws, they will find a way around them.

its the same with murder. some people know that they might get death penalty or life in prison, but some dont care. if they want to kill someone they will. maybe it might scare off those who are not willing to go, but those who are serious will not care of the consequences. if they did, there would be no murders anywhere. but there is. perhaps laws might decrease it somewhat, but in the end, those who are bent on doing a crime, will.

Well said misty star . Also i want to add" killing some one and prostitution aren't the same thing .Killing some one means end of life .....there is NOTHING ....absolutely NOTHING after that !! But while prostitution is not killing a body .Body is alive and in one piece and can do everything a normal person can  . And when we talk about soul , thats an individuals religon - she may not belive in soul !!!

uma_shanmugam

uma_shanmugam

Posted: 26 October 2005 at 3:57am | IP Logged
It should not. Its kind of easy money and it spread like virus. Those who goes to this field voluntarily is different. But some are forced to be one at young ages, cheated by situations and ended up in there and etc.... so it should nt be legalized. Only whn supply is there demands increase.. Have to find a way to stop the supplies. If it get legalized, p*** will dominates the field and bring in more supplies without fear.

datspreets

IF-Veteran Member

datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 26 October 2005 at 5:27am | IP Logged
U all seem mad at me after i posted this debate.. well dnt be mad its a debate after all..

See i think it shd be legalised.. cuz if it is legalised..
1. there will be seperate ares for them to stay.. n maybe the'yy get to live in teh luxury of better infrastructure
2. govt can provide condoms.. since they know where to give em.
3. instaed of p*** gettign profits..the prostitutes will teh direct beneficiary of it..

also aids ka spread will reduce.. dont u want that ppl?
ok tehse r my views.. still mad at me? Embarrassed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top